Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Bites

pyro

Went round to my sisters place a few days ago and she gave me one of these, if she had told me before hand they were made from chick peas I would have laughed and given it to my nephew. They were amaingly delicious, I actually didn't believe her at first they were that good. Definately worth a try.

Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Bites

Gluten free, Egg free, high protein, low carb, low GI… and Dairy free if you use dairy free chocolate.

Ingredients:
  • 1 1/4 cups cooked chickpeas (about 1/2 cup dried chickpeas)
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract  
  • 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons natural chunky peanut butter DO NOT USE NORMAL PEANUT BUTTER, organic/100% peanuts only
  • 1/4 cup raw honey or agave I used my organic agave syrup but you can use liquid honey
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • pinch of sea salt
  • 1/2 cup (3 oz or 90 g) carob or chocolate chips  I used dark chocolate drops
Instructions:
  • Preheat an oven to 350° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
  • Combine all the ingredients except the chocolate chips in a food processor and process until smooth and well combined, scraping down the sides of the processor as necessary.  I found the peanut butter gets stuck around the blades so you need to stop it, scrape blades and start again
  • Stir in the carob or chocolate until evenly distributed. The mixture will be thick and gooey.
  • Wet your hands and form the mixture into roughly 1 1/2 inch balls. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet about 1 inch apart. Press down the dough slightly. Bake for about 10 minutes, until the cookies just begin to brown. Transfer to a wire rack to cool for at least 5 minutes before serving.
  • These cookies will keep moist in a sealed container for several days.
  • I had a few when they were warm and the choc was still half melted, divine!!!!
Makes 12 to 14 cookies

peanut_butter_bites2_400.jpg

As I pinched this recipe from my sis, I left in her remarks in BOLD, up to you if you want to use her suggestions or follow the original recipe.

I like the way you've titled this recipe "cookie DOUGH" - and taken a photo of the uncooked biscuits. You know what people like! They say raw food is best, and it's particularly true with biscuit mix, I think.

Definitely going to try these.

Drinks

haha yea they arent your traditional hard? type biscuits, they are those soft baking type your nana used to make lol. Exactly why they have the name :P

• 3 weeks later...