is iherb still the place to buy stuff from ?

crazyfacials

Sometimes you can get the same product from bodybuilding.com if one of its brands if on a deal for <10$ (depending what it is), and then the shipping is only 5$ if it is a small item. Which was better than when I looked at the equivelents in iHerb. Very cheap. 

Yup cant beat the prices and with only 3-4 shipping, I do buy from local places as well, but for larger orders I always use iherb as saving $100+ is more than worth it. I would prefer to support our NZ companies but sometimes the savings are just too much.

Shameless self plug while im here. Use the code YOR289 for $10 off your first purchase.

Just as an example, I purchased White flood from iHerb, it was 2/3s of the price cheaper than any store here in NZ, and I got double the size. Which I have been meaning to write a review about on this site. Great pre-workout.

*Edit post for above

I found the shipping costs from iHerb are a lot better than bb.com, even though a few products may be slightly cheaper from bb.com, the overall cost from iherb generally is cheaper. The shipping time from bb.com the few orders I had placed with them is horrendous, 3-4 weeks for some protein powder.........

Who makes White Flood, Pyro? You should definitely write that review.

Interesting you say that about BB.com's shipping times. I had a really bad experience with them years ago, and I haven't used them since. I thought they'd improved things now, but perhaps not!

White flood by Controlled Labs. Will do a full review when I get home either today or tomorrow, but I put it up there with the old Jack3d(dmaa).

To be fair I actually havent ordered anything from bb.com in probably 2 years because as I said the shipping times were terrible, so they may have improved that recently. Might grab something small thats on special as Dinah said to check out shipping times again.

The price for  shipping one or two bottles of supps like BCAA's or Fish oil etc is only 5$ on bbing.com and it usually takes a little over a week to arrive.

I think thier shipping prices go up by weight so if you bulk ordered a heap of supps it costs quite a bit more maybe? 

I think I bought a bottle of taurine (highest strength they had and most tabs available) for about 6$ then 5$ shipping (cant remember if that was NZD or USD but pretty much the same. 

But i know what you mean about shipping times I ordered something from the UK at the same time as from bb.com and the thing from the uk took <7 days but I was waiting maybe 10 or 11 days for the taurine from bbing.com . But it was such a good price I didn't mind all that much. 

Saying that though I mailed something to my Dad in Wellys from Dunedin and that took over a week to get to him.... 

I had an awesome experience with iHerb recently.  Bought a tub of Xtend (beat local prices by at least $30 for the bigger tub), shipping was $3 or something stupidly small like that.  Ordered Friday early afternoon, landed on my desk first thing Monday morning.  Incredibly quick shipping from the states.

Xtend and Animal Paks are pretty much all I buy from them due to the cost saving and quick/very cheap shipping, I buy all of my protein locally as I reckon we have it pretty good here.

awesome cheers guys, and yes whiteflood is awesome (the american version has gaba in it for some reason, and was not allowed to be shipped to here, I take it the international formula doesn't contain it?)  

I got mine from iherb no issues. Normally they are pretty good with things that arent allowed in certain countries and won't let you purchase it. Just checked my container and it has GABA in it. Is it banned in NZ?

Edit the post if posting links isnt allowed.

http://www.punchsupplements.co.nz/controlled-labs-white-flood

Just checked on Punchsupps website, and they have the GABA version. Quick serach on the net the GABA free vers looks to have been made for europe where its a controlled substance or something.

• 3 years later...

Handy info cheers guys.. I was going to buy some melatonin online and couldnt figure out where to buy from.  iherb looks to have some really great prices..  Anyone had experience with this product from iherb?

Seems too cheap. Is it the real thing?

https://nz.iherb.com/pr/Natrol-Melatonin-3-mg-240-Tablets/4299

45 minutes ago, BuffaloBalls said:

Handy info cheers guys.. I was going to buy some melatonin online and couldnt figure out where to buy from.  iherb looks to have some really great prices..  Anyone had experience with this product from iherb?

Seems too cheap. Is it the real thing?

https://nz.iherb.com/pr/Natrol-Melatonin-3-mg-240-Tablets/4299

Yeah it's legit bro. You can buy this otc in the states it's cheap as chips. No reason it wouldn't be the real thing. 

I have ordered it, and yets its you need a script for it in NZ..  Should I ask iherb to be discreet with the packaging? Or are they on to it?  If it goes get stopped by medsafe/ customs I'll just go to my doctor and get a prescription to show customs.. Problem solved.

Problem with getting it prescribed here in NZ is its  not funded, so apparently quite expensive. Just makes sense to buy online.

20 hours ago, Pseudonym said:

Can you bring melatonin into NZ? I had a feeling it was prescription only here, which means it would likely get stopped by Medsafe if they see it.

You may possibly run into problems with that. The melatonin you are prescribed in nz is only 2mg. so importing more than what you have been prescribed be it strength or quantity might still be deemed as prohibited. 

Im not 100% on that but have a feeling that could be the case.

All good, i have bought the 1mg tabs for starters..   It'll give me room to play with the doseage.  will try 1mg for  a week if useless bump up to 2, then up to 3 to see where it works best.  Once I know that, I know what to oder for the next time..  And if I do have to order the 3mg and they catch it, I expect the worse they'll do is to send me a warning. So not the end of the world. Just be a pain losing it.

On 01/05/2017 at 2:13 PM, Pseudonym said:

Can you bring melatonin into NZ? I had a feeling it was prescription only here, which means it would likely get stopped by Medsafe if they see it.

I've bought melatonin from iherb before, and didn't have any problems with it coming in. I didn't even know at the time that it was prescription only here. I only found out because I overheard a woman in Ceres mention something that had helped her sleep through the night and I asked what she'd been taking (it was tart cherry). I mentioned I'd bought some melatonin online and she was like, "Um, how? You know it's only available on prescription right?" I did not. Oh well. iherb ftw 

Now this looks great.. ..  Im tempted to try to get this in, but dont like the idea of throwing away $40 if it gets stopped.  GABA and Melatonin are both prescription only in NZ unfortunately..  Hmmmm..  

http://www.anabolicoutlaws.com/product_details.html?productcode=sand&resultpage=product_list_page_wfilters.html&ocateckey=anabolicoutlawsall