Training with an Injured Hand

NZnoob

Hi guys,

1month ago I shattered my left ring finger, fast forward through reconstructive surgery to today and not only can I not bend it, the fingers either side of it are pretty screwed aswell from contagion effects.

This means that I cannot use my left hand for any sort of gabbing whatsoever, and it will probably be this way for two months. 

When I first had this injury, I was prepared to rest up for the month I had the injury and then come back stronger... 3months out of the game is just too much however. 

Besides from 'manning up and using 4 fingers' which I assure you is just not possible, does anybody have some suggestions (possibly because of a similar situation) for exercises I can do? 

Thanks a lot 

I did a write up on this a couple of days ago but it failed to send. Basically it was you should work around your injury as much as possible. I did the same injury as you in exactly the same way. Except I was playing handball, I had the ball smash my middle finger on the end snaping bone and tearing ligaments.

In my circumstance I was able to squat/ do legs after about a week (with pain), then gradually more and more things. Three months out and I was doing pullups and other rowing movements.

In terms of exercises you can do, you should be able to a lot of things at the moment with machines. such as chest press, shoulder press and leg press.

Just dont do nothing as you will be in for a shock when you are able to train 100% again. Take some time to work on weaknesses you have been avoiding as well.

I feel for you bro.

Bought some of those push up grips so I could work some chest, just have my fingers dangling and drive my palms into the handles. Was having a look at those versa grips, but I doubt I could secure them... basically have zero grip strength in my left hand currently... those double loop straps might work thoug.