Cottage cheese with berries and chocolate

Pseudonym

This is so simple, it hardly deserves to be called a recipe. It's more just a collection of ingredients. But whatever - it's a very tasty collection.

500g tub of cottage cheese

2 scoops of protein powder (I use Shotgun Vanilla Whey, or CytoSport's Cookies and Cream)

Handful of frozen raspberries

Two rows of a block of dark chocolate, chopped into bits

Stir the protein powder into the cottage cheese, adding a splash of water if you need to help it mix. Add the berries. Add the chocolate. Eat.

Tips
For a smoother mousse-like consistency, stick the cottage cheese and protein powder through a blender. For a low-carb option, adjust the amount of chocolate, or drop it completely.

Serves 1-2

Protein 110g

Carbs 46g

Fat 40g

post-2-14190332893304_thumb.jpg

It would certainly have made the photo look better if my raspberries had thawed. :P

But in terms of taste it doesn't make a lot of difference. Raspberries are so soft, they thaw really fast anyway. Frozen, and it's just a little more like icecream.

BTW - the protein flavours I find work best with cottage cheese are vanilla or berry flavours. Chocolate is okay when blended to a mousse, but the white cheesy lumps look most unattractive against the brown. I don't notice the lumps so much with the other flavours.

used to do this without the chocolate, or just the protein and cottage cheese. makes pretty tasty dessert if youre tryna cut and hungry as f*ck. also if you want savoury cottage cheese just chuck bbq or whatever sauce you like in it..ends up tasting like the sauce..less boring