outer quad/sweep

what can i do to get outer quad sweeps?

next bulk focus is gonna be legs and arms especially so wanna try get some outer quad.

i have real good inner teardrop and ok hamstrings like quite a lot of thickness front to back (quad is 23.5"ish) but no sweep or outer quad whatsoever, makes em look smaller than they are from the front. obviously needa make them bigger but feel like theyr just gonna keep getting thicker not wider.

leg workout usually consists of:

squat or leg press for main movement then

extensions

sldl

hamstring curls either seated or lying

once in a while walking lunges

what can i do to get outter quad growth?

For me I built the sweep with heavy deep hack squats

Loved them just went lots of volume on this and it worked really well, but my knees paid the price a bit.

Have only been properly squatting a few years and still my quads are no where what they were with hacks.

Hopefully your gym has one of the good old school hacks with the big adjustable foot platform and shoulder pad things not like those hideous life fitness hacks

I was always told feet closer together worked the outer quads more, whereas a wider stance developed the inside (especially adductors). The last half is certainly true, but I'm not sure whether or not the first bit is just bro-science.

Can't hurt to try it though.

Squats

/

+1.

I raw squat with a narrow stance (heels inside shoulder width) and the outer quad is probably the most developed muscle I've got. I haven't targeted this intentionally, it is just a byproduct of the amount of squatting I do; I don't do much quad assistance (if any), just squats.

AprillaRS who used to post on here had/has one of the craziest sets of quads I have seen in person, and he used to squat narrow and often.

SG might chime in here, but his quads are outstanding, and he also squats a lot.

Tom Platz had awesome quads, he was also an excellent deep squatter.

My vote is to squat. Narrow, deep, and with volume.

Squats! As everyone else said, u can develop a sick set of quads without doing anything else.

I tend to squat a bit wide, heels just outside shoulders and my adductors are quite developed. So squat narrower if your goal is simply muscle, i squat wider cos it lets me go deeper and move more weight.

I find my teardrops get destryed after doing front squats.

I used to do nothing but Leg Press.

Was able to rep out 10 plates per side and only weighed 88kg (natty).

Wicked strength....but chicken legs. So skinny everyone including me thought I was bow-legged :pfft: srs

It wasn't until I started squatting that I developed anything in the legs at all ... as everyone above seems to experience the same thing, squat, squat, squat.

Stance?

Not tried any stance long enough to warrant seeing particular growth and being able to comment on it with facts. But it "feels" to me that depth stimulates the whole quad including the sweep more than leg placement imo.

did a stint of about 4 -5 years exclusively leg press > have good thickness in my upper quads. wish I had squatted at same time - only just starting to get thickness in the lower half of thigh.

Squatting grows everything on the femur - some guys just have genetically good sweeps.