Fran times

Leeroid

have you mastered the kipping pullup technique yet Lee or do you intend to do FRAN with strict pullups?

keen to give this a try but dam my main hindrance would be wrist flexibility keeping me from doing it in the prescribed manner. it's gotten heaps better since few months ago anyway what with the regular shoulder dislocations but is there anything else anyone would recommend for helping get the flexibility up there or should i just keep going with the dislocations?

** forgot to mention : the problem is holding/supporting the bar the proper way

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but what exercises does Fran consist of?

Thrusters x21

Pullups x21

Thrusters x15

Pullups x15

Thrusters x9

Pullups x9

RX (standard) weight for men is 95 pounds which is 43kgs on the thrusters. Thrusters are a front squat / push press combo.

I need to try Fran Rx'd. I did the Fran on roids wod in the open and that was pretty good, I'd be happy with sub 5 mins too :pfft: or maybe 8.

Yeah I'm probably dreaming about getting under 5 mins :grin: I'll be happy if I even complete it

Surely if you're kipping the pullups that can't be too difficult (naïve perhaps :lol: ) Do the thrusters have to go below parallel etc, and hold lockout at the top?

I'm gonna do proper pullups, thrusters have to be below parallel and no need to hold lockout

RX (standard) weight for men is 95 pounds which is 43kgs on the thrusters.

I've done thrusters before, but I used dumbbells. So your RX 43kg had me worried for a second! I assume you're talking a barbell, then!

I might give it a try one day, but I'm not sure about all those pullups... do assisted pullups count? :P

RX (standard) weight for men is 95 pounds which is 43kgs on the thrusters.

I've done thrusters before, but I used dumbbells. So your RX 43kg had me worried for a second! I assume you're talking a barbell, then!

I might give it a try one day, but I'm not sure about all those pullups... do assisted pullups count? :P

they don't have to be continuous, if you can only do say 10 and then need a 30 sec rest then that's what you do.. just keeping in mind it's a timed thing so you gotta try keep it all as short as possible

Took 12 minutes 16 seconds LMAO. 1 minute 30 seconds to do the 45 thrusters and 10 minutes 46 seconds to do 45 pullups. Wat a joke

Ahh see if you kipped them... :P

And without starting an argument about Kipping... Nothing wrong with it.. Is a gymnastics movement, and with a bit of research into technique it's actually a really efficient movement :)

Took 12 minutes 16 seconds LMAO. 1 minute 30 seconds to do the 45 thrusters and 10 minutes 46 seconds to do 45 pullups. Wat a joke

Ahh see if you kipped them... :P

And without starting an argument about Kipping... Nothing wrong with it.. Is a gymnastics movement, and with a bit of research into technique it's actually a really efficient movement :)

I don't mind kipping pullups at all, having done a bit of gymnastics when I was younger. I might try to learn the kipping pullup if I decide to do Crossfit a bit more. I'm just really weak at pullups

lol well was your first try wasn't it.. thought it might be too much to ask for you to be sub 5 while you're still bulking up and all. i'm yet to try it myself but reckon i'll be around 15min if you're 12 haha

Yeah lol once I realized I was only halfway through at the 5 minute mark, I considered giving up to save myself the embarrassment haha.

My last Fran was when I was on a band, and I managed to do it around the 7 minute mark. Now I'm off the band I would love to give it another go full well knowing that it will be around the same time as I actually have to kip my own weight.

Might try this this week.

• 3 weeks later...