NZ's bodybuilding, strength and fitness community
Sign in to follow this  
nate225

NABBA WFF Christchurch Grand Prix Photos

A freakin awesome show run by Richard & Annette Parnham.

Here's the standard for 2013.

All photos are copyright property of the gorgeous and talented Sam Murphy of Articul8. If people want copies or montages done contact her via her Articul8 Facebook page.

post-2115-14193869773341_thumb.jpg

post-2115-14193869773523_thumb.jpg

post-2115-14193869773707_thumb.jpg

post-2115-14193869773887_thumb.jpg

post-2115-1419386977408_thumb.jpg

post-2115-14193869774349_thumb.jpg

post-2115-14193869774529_thumb.jpg

Southern Samaurai came second in his wff class to the ANB national champ.

He looked great, especially his back! His biceps have a great natural peak to them and given time he will be one to watch out for. You didn't see the FB pic of me Nate and SS???

My thoughts on the show

It was very well run as per usual, amazing when both the main organisers were competing in the show too. Richies conditioning was slightly down on last year but his overall symmetry and great wheels made him a worthy competitor to Alex but Alex came in super sharp and dry. In fact I haven't seen conditioning like that on a Nabba competitor and he certainly Would give any wff competitor a run in that regard while maintaining nearly 100kg of mass. He definitely deserved the overall title and I hope he can push on thru to the nats because although there will be a few bigger rigs they will have a tough job to match Alex's conditioning.

Other standouts were the big Junior Marcel Erasmus. At 21years old he is a big raw talent, biggest pins on stage all night. He was fairly beaten by the much smaller but incredibly conditioned physique of Josh Murray. Although there was a bit of a OMG moment when the announcer initially have the results the wrong way around. Fortunately both competitors were good about it.

The masters men had the very Slick Over 40 Darren Orchard and Over 50 Phil Kusklinski. I will never tire if these 2 physiques, always great performers.

Novice men was a good battle between Jimjim and Genetic Freek. GF came in way leaner than nationals last year and had superior size and condition so it was a no brainer although you have to take your hat off to jimjim for dropping 30kg to get on stage. There were alot of Gymrat calls during this class lol.

Unfortunately I missed most of the wff classes but overalls were convincingly won my Aron Noble. Always a classy physique and at under 65kg just commands so much attention.

Chris Gooches condition was well down on normal standards. After a lengthy illness and only just making the comp he can be excused. Rede Frisby looked good and has the tiniest waist ive ever seen on a guy outside of loochi but looked too top heavy to match the symmetry of the other guys.

Tom Wojack. I'm not sure what's happened with his shoulders but it didn't look great. Was lean as anything and legs out massed any other wff competitor but his delt squareness was too distracting to give him a chance. I hope he sorts that out if he's going to the worlds because he is unreal when he's on song.

Annette Parnham was slightly softer than I've seen and man did she look good. Great performance. Great result. Same with Lisa Bailey. 4 comps in 5 weeks means she couldn't come in as strong as she might have otherwise but man she has some wicked features. Her delts would put 90% of the men on stage last night to shame. And she is a great poser, pleasure to watch. Johns nba Mountfort was pushed in her class too but walked away with the trophy.

The Glamour class is my least favourite class and I hate being made to sit thru 3 rounds of hot girls strutting their stuff :^o

Well earned win to the local girl Claire Calkin. So confident and just a great representative of this class.

All up a great show stacked with talent. Oh and I should mention the overall trophies were actually sculptures of busts. Very unique and very cool. And the overall winners all got 42" 3D TVs. Not bad if u ask me :)

I'd like to thank gym rat

No problem bro and I image that that there will be lots of Gym Rat calls at the Pan's and one of the trainers at my gym did this show not to sure what class they were competing.

Southern Samaurai came second in his wff class to the ANB national champ.

He looked great, especially his back! His biceps have a great natural peak to them and given time he will be one to watch out for. You didn't see the FB pic of me Nate and SS???

My thoughts on the show

It was very well run as per usual, amazing when both the main organisers were competing in the show too. Richies conditioning was slightly down on last year but his overall symmetry and great wheels made him a worthy competitor to Alex but Alex came in super sharp and dry. In fact I haven't seen conditioning like that on a Nabba competitor and he certainly Would give any wff competitor a run in that regard while maintaining nearly 100kg of mass. He definitely deserved the overall title and I hope he can push on thru to the nats because although there will be a few bigger rigs they will have a tough job to match Alex's conditioning.

Other standouts were the big Junior Marcel Erasmus. At 21years old he is a big raw talent, biggest pins on stage all night. He was fairly beaten by the much smaller but incredibly conditioned physique of Josh Hughes. Although there was a bit of a OMG moment when the announcer initially have the results the wrong way around. Fortunately both competitors were good about it.

The masters men had the very Slick Over 40 Darren Orchard and Over 50 Phil Kusklinski. I will never tire if these 2 physiques, always great performers.

Novice men was a good battle between Jimjim and Genetic Freek. GF came in way leaner than nationals last year and had superior size and condition so it was a no brainer although you have to take your hat off to jimjim for dropping 30kg to get on stage. There were alot of Gymrat calls during this class lol.

Unfortunately I missed most of the wff classes but overalls were convincingly won my Aron Noble. Always a classy physique and at under 65kg just commands so much attention.

Chris Gooches condition was well down on normal standards. After a lengthy illness and only just making the comp he can be excused. Rede Frisby looked good and has the tiniest waist ive ever seen on a guy outside of loochi but looked too top heavy to match the symmetry of the other guys.

Tom Wojack. I'm not sure what's happened with his shoulders but it didn't look great. Was lean as anything and legs out massed any other wff competitor but his delt squareness was too distracting to give him a chance. I hope he sorts that out if he's going to the worlds because he is unreal when he's on song.

Annette Parnham was slightly softer than I've seen and man did she look good. Great performance. Great result. Same with Lisa Bailey. 4 comps in 5 weeks means she couldn't come in as strong as she might have otherwise but man she has some wicked features. Her delts would put 90% of the men on stage last night to shame. And she is a great poser, pleasure to watch. Johns nba Mountfort was pushed in her class too but walked away with the trophy.

The Glamour class is my least favourite class and I hate being made to sit thru 3 rounds of hot girls strutting their stuff :^o

Well earned win to the local girl Claire Calkin. So confident and just a great representative of this class.

All up a great show stacked with talent. Oh and I should mention the overall trophies were actually sculptures of busts. Very unique and very cool. And the overall winners all got 42" 3D TVs. Not bad if u ask me :)

I think you mean Josh Murray bro not Hughes?