NZ's bodybuilding, strength and fitness community
Sign in to follow this  
drizzt

2.85kg Home Made Burger

I've had a little bit of trouble recently gaining weight (which is very weird for me!), so I decided to have a crack at an epic home made burger this weekend.

I used a pretty simple recipe for 8 small burger buns to just make one large bun:

CameraZOOM-20130511174920547_zps38c3a960.jpg

Had 1kg of pork mince, and 1kg of lamb mince to make the patties. Used a pretty standard patty recipe - tsp worcestershire sauce, tsp habanero sauce, mixed herbs, paprika, egg, added flour until the patty wasn't sticky...

CameraZOOM-20130511180138760_zps6f21db4d.jpg

Into the burger went the patties, 400g of manuka smoked streaky bacon (crispy oven styles), 200g edam cheese, a tomato (not a big fan of tomatoes, but a burger isn't complete without them), a bunch of lettuce, HP sauce and mayo:

CameraZOOM-20130511182734551_zps452e32ac.jpg

Chucked on the scales... came out at 2.85kg

CameraZOOM-20130511182906085_zps4868b683.jpg

Got through 1.5kg after about 30-45mins... the rest was a massive struggle. Finished 2.6kg in about 4 hours, woke up this morning and polished off the remaining 240ish grams.

Tasted fantastic, although I got a bit sick of the lamb taste at one point, and I marginally undercooked the bun which had a slight doughy centre. Still, happy and impressed with the results, will have to do it again sometime!

I love that the perfect proportions makes it look like a regular burger... until it's sitting on the scales. Even that doesn't do it justice. I think you should post the photo of you sitting beside it.

kudos for the massive effort man even made your own bun and patties. would be curious to know the macros on that too lol i bet skinny ones like me could prob slice that up and make a days meal from it

Ha thanks bro, yeah to be honest this isn't a normal meal by any stretch for me. I would usually back myself to eat it in one sitting but I had eaten normally before this so maybe I didn't leave as much room as I should've :(

Furious Pete fan ?

Epic feast! :shock:

Yep Pete is good! Bought the tee because I thought it was funny though, more than being a diehard fan or anything :grin:

Need a section on Homemade Heavyweights.

This is very cool. Amazed, and slightly jelly. 8)

Yep I'm jelly also.

I'm keen to give this or something similar a go in a month or so.

I'm sure some big boys on this forum would be keen to post pics and start a thread on massive cheat meals or something

Cheers guys, not hard at all, just requires a little time! Nothing quite like that freshly baked bread/bun smell either =P~ Would be keen to see other attempts at massive burgers, and hear how well people do at eating them :nod:

How many courics was the post-burger turd out of interest?

Had to google courics I ate it on Saturday night, and lets just say it was still waving goodbye late Monday :shifty: