65KG vs 64KG

Loochi

Thanks Rapz! : ) hope you're training going well. Looking bad ass 8)

Yes I am prepping for a show Pseudo! Not sure what one it will be! Close to getting the striations on dat ass like I've always wanted lol. Just waiting for that! Might have to be in at 61ish or dare I say; 59kg :pfft:

Then it's time to 'experiment' some more theories! \:D/ will definitely keep y'all updated! I agree scales mean nothing really.. Well to be fair they do matter. but it's a combination of alot of things that will determine true progress in my opinion!

Good to see you again Loochi,

As you know I'm kinda hung up on size and personally prefer mass monsters with aesthetics (think Levrone, Yates era builds) over physiques like Zane, Lebrada etc; however guys like you and Aron Noble really remind me that quality physiques come at all bodyweights.

You've really improved over the last few years, not even comparable to your before pic now. Rapz called it on the hammie - daaayum bro! And those arms look sick.

Keep up the good work.

As an aside do you still fast? What's the impact of that on your progress / conditioning?

FOTR: Thanks mate :nod:

Nate: I prefer size too Nate, the problem is when you have such tiny joints and don't have the genetics to grow muscle fast AND plan to stay natural, it's kinda hard to get 'big'.. I mean; can always put on weight but I always think... "Why is that guy 80kg or 90kg when Dexter Jackson who is the same height as him is 100kg" - The only way that I can look decent is to try get as peeled as possible to 'look' big. I mean my arms are 13" and my legs are 19" :pfft: - FUCKING JOKE. No one in person believes the sizes but it is what it is! 27" waist when I poke my stomach out :pfft:

Thank you! It's amazing how you look back and think how far you've come. Certainly doesn't feel like it! - Umm fast as in... Like Ramadan? :shock: if so; I ain't Muslim (no more) I'm just agnostic lol. IF I was to be Muslim though; easy.. I don't believe in meal timing so... Eat it all when I break the fast.

So far so good.. Easy, maintainable, hitting all my necessities to live a 'healthy' lifestyle while still eating tons of 'unhealthy' food too :grin: planning to get leaner during sometime this year. We'll see!! Thanks bro you looked mean in the last comp you did :nod:

Really your arms look much bigger than that.

I wouldn't stay your chest looks odd on side chest pose, maybe some upper chest thickness needed... maybe. Might just be your muscle belly though.

Everything looks in proportion to me, good upper/lower body balance which is pretty rare. Jelly of 27" waist when pushing guts out! I've got a 32.5" waist and only 5 months into bulk :shock:

Got to admit though going into my first show was freaked out how much I weighed was 85kg and hadn't been that light since high school! Still a little to focused on the scale I would say...

Lol yeah a lot say they look bigger than 13. That's a good thing I guess haha.

yeah man honestly hate my side chest pose the most and I think it's because of the thickness needed like you say Jimmy. Definitely need to work on the chest thickness (lots of incline work) biceps and delts lol. The picture gives the biceps some justice but they still crappy. All relative though mate, I only have a small waist because weigh so lil

Yeah the thought of trying to push to 61kg or heaven forbid 59 is a pretty mind boggling though.. But I am starting to find that if I even drop 300grams it makes a hugeeee difference to my physique.. I doubt I can get to 61 but if I do, meh so be it! At this rate I think 62-63 but you will never know! :)

Once you get to that level of conditioning will you hold it for other competitions throughout the year?

How's energy and hormone levels ? When I dieted for nationals was not fun at all towards the last 3 weeks of prep! Calories got really low.

Yeah mate I plan to hold the conditioning.. So far it's very maintainable especially since I don't eat the same every day. I want to do Nationals if I do well in the regionals.. And by well I mean come first in my class :pfft: - Don't think I have what it takes to win an over all (in NABBA. No chance in IFBB lol) this year.. Just my gut instincts telling me to work on some areas first!

Energy and hormones are the same as the off season mate! Strength has slightly increased too. My calories are pretty high for someone of my weight and I'm eating over 350 carbohydrates right now which makes things pretty fun :grin:

Yeah mate I plan to hold the conditioning.. So far it's very maintainable especially since I don't eat the same every day. I want to do Nationals if I do well in the regionals.. And by well I mean come first in my class :pfft: - Don't think I have what it takes to win an over all (in NABBA. No chance in IFBB lol) this year.. Just my gut instincts telling me to work on some areas first!

Energy and hormones are the same as the off season mate! Strength has slightly increased too. My calories are pretty high for someone of my weight and I'm eating over 350 carbohydrates right now which makes things pretty fun :grin:

Sounds like you have a good metabolism, whats protein and fats like though?

I feel so much better in the offseason can go play a game of golf etc and feel fine but when deep into prep anything off my usual routine is hell!

My protein is 190 and fat is 77 - Yeah to be able to feel like you do in the off season bro just cut back the calories real slow. It's a pain in the ass especially if you're not close to stage weight.. I started dieting at 74kg this year. In 2011 I competed at 68.6 or something like that. Back in the day I'd be around 86ish and the only way I could get on stage looking half decent was to rush my prep and end up losing muscle, libido, strength start craving things blah blah blah.

Plus choosing the food YOU want is the key to survive I reckon

Lol why would I want to be taller? I actually like my height. : ) - And not because of 'bodybuilding potential' that's a buncha crap. Take a look at Tony Freeman and Dennis Wolf.. Even one of the mods here Opti.. They are tall n they look like 'they lift' lol :lol:

If you're having trouble 'looking' big bro the one thing I advise you to do and I do this all the time is pose like a competitive bodybuilder.. Do a front relaxed, do a back relaxed, do it all and from those poses right down what doesn't look like 'IFBB material' ... Take me for example, when I do a side tricep my arms; I must say look bigger than the average person.. But when I do a front double bicep.... Sweet mother of Jesus, the most embarassing snap shot you'll see.

Honestly if you try your best to bring your physique to balance you can topple any of the bigger guys (not the names I've mentioned obviously lol) and 'look' bigger. :nod:

This is what I do, doesn't make it right or wrong mate :-$

That's a tough one, mate because I don't really take body fat measurements serious at all lol. But..

I'd say 16-20 weeks sounds great and by then I still wouldn't expect 'elite' conditioning! If after the cut the person stays relatively lean in the off season they can definitely surpass their previous condition.. This is what I'm planning to do after my competition this year.

If you're 15% and not lean in 16-20 weeks (which would be a bit worrying) I would skip that show and diet a lil longer. But if you don't want to take it that serious, by all means go hard \:D/

All an illusion Vracula. If you ask TLAF or Soundsgood or anyone i've met when I have my clothes on I'm just a puny runt lol. Don't take me as an inspiration bro! Just be true to yourself in regards to what needs to be worked on etc. And if you choose to go to the other side then hell good on ya. What ever road you choose just keep educating yourself and always question everything ANYONE says regardless of their 'reputation'. :nod:

All an illusion Vracula. If you ask TLAF or Soundsgood or anyone i've met when I have my clothes on I'm just a puny runt lol. Don't take me as an inspiration bro! Just be true to yourself in regards to what needs to be worked on etc. And if you choose to go to the other side then hell good on ya. What ever road you choose just keep educating yourself and always question everything ANYONE says regardless of their 'reputation'. :nod:

Thanks for the advice dude.

Post of the week?

Fantastic advise.

What you do for a job? You'd be a fantastic PT bro.