Gyms in Blenheim

nate225

Anyone spent much time training in Marlborough?

I've trained at the new set up at the pools (can't remember the name of the gym?) but haven't really heard of much else?

I'm going to be there 3 days a week so my kind employer has said they'll pay for a membership in Blenheim! :grin: Options?

That one's Stadium2000...

I used to train at what's now theCityFitness CityFitness there, it looks like they've actually upgrade some of the gear. Good range of dbs and even racks and benches, no reliance on machines :) Convenient to the CBD if you're going to be stuck in a hotel or whatever...

The Snap Fitness is new, but if you like their brand... and there's a Curves too :grin:

Hey Nate. Yeah Stadium 2000 is where its at if you want the luxuries of having the pool, steam room, suana, squash and gym all under one roof. There is a Snap, City Fitness and Working man's club gym too.

I think at this point city fitness is the only gym in town where dumbells go to about 60kg's or possibly slightly more. Stadium has dumbells up to 50kg. Everything is also brand new. I workout at Stadium and work there from time to time. Oh and even though you are not paying for your own membership but 15 bucks a week gets you all the benefits at the stadium minus squash.

Cant go wrong.

Hey Mate - You want the Gorilla Pit, its out the back of stadium2000 and up the small flight of stairs.

Perfect place to go if your there to knuckle down and pump some iron. The gears pretty rugged but its a pretty cool setup! Reminds me of the old Ronnie coleman YT vids.

PM if you want the number, cost is 140 a year LOL! Swipe card to get in.

Would be awesome seeing you there! Never actually seen anyone remotely big here. =P~

My strongman days are on hold Darkmanx, but 50's are pretty light (good for heavy flyes / inc flyes but not really any kind of heavy pressing). As long as the barbell pressing set up for shoulders is okay though I can deal with it (will be mainly doing shoulders / back in BHE).

Might check out City Fitness as well, but I did enjoy Stadium 2000 last time I was in town. Too pretty for rugged gyms now Ignite! :grin:

Ignite / DMx - will be down Mon / Tues, if you're training holla.

Hey Nate, there are plenty of bars and weights to go around if your planning back and shoulders. I must warn you monday night is national bench day at Stadium and everyone and their cat and dog is there. I usually go around six on mondays since it starts dying off at about 6.30.

Oh and if you do come around six just look for biggest scruffiest bastered there, thats me.

Good training at Stadium 2000 last night. Seems to be mainly a fitness centre with a lot of rugby players training there....stuck out a bit in a stringer lol :grin:

Friendly bunch of people there tho.

Its good to have met you Nate. Yes the stadium is a bit of fitness center but blenheim as whole really have just about no bodybuilders other than 2 or 3 i think that actually workout at city fitness. Weather they actually compete is another story tho.

Thanks for the samples by BTW. Dont worry about what people think there mate i stopped caring about what people think of me 20 years ago. I just do my thing and i get out. You definately bigger than what i saw on from some of your pics on the forum. Build like a brick shit house i recon. Real good.