10 eggs/morning

mattypyuu

Reheated eggs? think i'll pass haha.

Not like it takes long to cook eggs, unless you live in a Uni flat with a crap stove =(

In terms of cholesterol, no i doubt it will have any negative effect on you as dietary cholesterol is unrelated to levels for the most part. +given how much Beta glucan is in oatmeal (common bodybuilding food, not sure why) i'm sure it will even out any slight increases =D.

Reheated eggs? think i'll pass haha.

Not like it takes long to cook eggs, unless you live in a Uni flat with a crap stove =(

In terms of cholesterol, no i doubt it will have any negative effect on you as dietary cholesterol is unrelated to levels for the most part. +given how much Beta glucan is in oatmeal (common bodybuilding food, not sure why) i'm sure it will even out any slight increases =D.

Who said re heated? Eat them cold or room temp

Scramble them up with tiny bit of milk and cheese and season

Heaps of options with eggs

Hi

This my first post so I'll try not to offer to much advice. But...

I operate under the assumption that the body has a limited capacity to digest whole food protein in one sitting, I think the conventional wisdom is only about 30 or 40 grams, I understand that this is pretty debatable though.

The cons of trying scoff that much protein, is that excess aminos get converted into CO2, H2O & ammonia, which is highly toxic, the body protects itself by converting that ammonia into urea to get flushed out by the kidneys. So if you eat excess protein you could potentially overload your kidneys.

You stated that you were have trouble cramming that extra protein in, I reckon that's your physiology reacting against your psychology, your physiology will win.

Listen to your body

Have you tried HP sauce? Better than tomato IMO.

Fortunately, No. The body can process any amount of protein it is given and regardless of the amount protein can not be stored.

However! there is a small (very) degree of truth to this rumour, which is outline in this:

Journal of the American Dietetic Association (2009) 109 1582-1586

Which is titled: A moderate serving of High quality Protein maximally stimulates skeletal muscle protein synthesis in young and elderly subjects.

Basically the idea of the article(peer reviewed) is to show that to gain the maximum anabolic response from protein intake, only a small-moderate serving is required (size depends on protein quality, whey= around 10-15g).

This DOESN'T mean your body will not utilize large amount of protein, and the increased anabolism was still seen in larger amounts so it is only stating the minimum! amount required.

For further information refer to this

Layne Norton is an EXTREMELY well respected powerlifter/bodybuilder with a PhD in protein metabolism.

Your welcome.

Hi

This my first post so I'll try not to offer to much advice. But...

I operate under the assumption that the body has a limited capacity to digest whole food protein in one sitting, I think the conventional wisdom is only about 30 or 40 grams, I understand that this is pretty debatable though.

The cons of trying scoff that much protein, is that excess aminos get converted into CO2, H2O & ammonia, which is highly toxic, the body protects itself by converting that ammonia into urea to get flushed out by the kidneys. So if you eat excess protein you could potentially overload your kidneys.

You stated that you were have trouble cramming that extra protein in, I reckon that's your physiology reacting against your psychology, your physiology will win.

Listen to your body

Have you tried HP sauce? Better than tomato IMO.

That broscience has been debunked long ago. If you eat loads of protein in one sitting it just takes that much longer to digest. The 30-40g max thing was just conjured up to support the "must eat 6 meals per day" thing, which has also been debunked. The digestion rate is controlled so nitrogenous waste will not build up to dangerous level either. As long as you have a decent water intake you'll be fine.

Agree about the HP sauce though :) The new hot and spicy one is great. Can't beat chilli sauce on eggs though :twisted:

EDIT: See ninja post above me :)

Agree about the HP sauce though :) The new hot and spicy one is great. Can't beat chilli sauce on eggs though :twisted:

What is this HP sauce you keep referring to? What are the macros like? i don't like getting fat from sauces as i'm addicted to nuts/seeds haha! Carbs are fine.

What is this HP sauce you keep referring to? What are the macros like? i don't like getting fat from sauces as i'm addicted to nuts/seeds haha! Carbs are fine.

15g serve has 0f, 0p, 4c, 100mg Na

It's a famous brown sauce that goes epicly with steak, roasts, chicken, eggs, etc, etc.

There is a new hot and smoky BBQ version which is damn fine

2030549_DW_hp_line_up3.jpg

AFAIK, you can get the first one and the last 3 here, haven't seen the others but keen to find em

So...eggs...how many a day is safe for a 78kg dude? I eat them boiled??

I have googled, and have about 20 different answers :P

Depends on the context of your diet.

No hard and fast rule by weight etc If you don't eat a lot of fat then a lot of whole eggs is a good idea, if not then maybe not. Great source of vits/minerals in egg yolk so try to fit them into your macro-nutrients for the day.

Most studies/answers that "suggest" amounts of food per day assume you eat the average amount of everything else. For example the RDI by dietitians for nuts/seeds is 40g, however i eat a lot of food low in fat so eat around 100g+ of nuts/seeds a day.

Hope that made sense.

Depends on the context of your diet.

No hard and fast rule by weight etc If you don't eat a lot of fat then a lot of whole eggs is a good idea, if not then maybe not. Great source of vits/minerals in egg yolk so try to fit them into your macro-nutrients for the day.

Most studies/answers that "suggest" amounts of food per day assume you eat the average amount of everything else. For example the RDI by dietitians for nuts/seeds is 40g, however i eat a lot of food low in fat so eat around 100g+ of nuts/seeds a day.

Hope that made sense.

True true. One word that keeps popping up is cholesterol, especially with eggs. Eggs are awesome for minerals, protein ect...I would eat them all day if I could :P

Don't limit eggs because of cholesterol.

Dietary cholesterol is a poor determinant of over all levels.

Even if you do eat A LOT you can help reduce cholesterol with soluble fibre (oats) and phytosterols that are added into "pro active" foods such as yogurt and margarine. Many other ways of reducing cholesterol also such as weight lose etc.

Cholesterol gets a hard time, however it is very important as it acts as a testosterone pre-cursor. To many studies just state: they ate many eggs and had high cholesterol so one must cause the other.... when in reality individuals who eat very high egg/protein(meat) diets eat very little fibre, vege, fruit, etc

Correlation doesn't equal causation.

This one only seems to be the case if and only if there is pre-existing kidney damage/reduced kidney function.

It doesn't seem intuitively sound that eating a lot of meat would be toxic to us. We'd not be a very successful organism if excessive essential nutrients put us in a coma or some such

Like cam said dietary cholesterol counts for less than 10% of overall cholesterol and high cholesterol doesnt mean you are going to drop dead from a heart attack. Its just a risk factor just like being a male is a risk factor for cv disease.

Eggs are overrated anyway imo. Bodybuilders seem to have this obssesion with them. You need to eat heaps of the fuckers to get a large protein serving and egg farts are disgusting. Would rather a serving of salmon, tuna or so.e other meat for breakfast. Or better yet skip breakfast all together.

Eggs are overrated anyway imo. Bodybuilders seem to have this obssesion with them. You need to eat heaps of the fuckers to get a large protein serving and egg farts are disgusting. Would rather a serving of salmon, tuna or so.e other meat for breakfast. Or better yet skip breakfast all together.

The list of bodybuilder "approved" foods is huge, haha. Just eat so that you get in enough calories and your sweet.

For anyone getting excessive gas production it mite be an indication of digestive distress.