Otara Barbell Club - Training & Competition Videos

Danomyte

Earlier this year, myself and my training partner (Sateki) started up the Otara Barbell Club. We had been training together for about 6-months and decided the time was right to start up OBC.

We're a small club - with 5 official members but have a couple others train with us. We're affiliated to OWNZ and NZPF as a club and individuals and are all registered on the DFSNZ testing programme. We compete in Weightlifting, Powerlifting and Strongman.

Here's our latest training highlights video :)

Awesome Dan - things are coming along well by the looks. Well done on setting this up - great to see the vids and something different on the forums with the oly lifts.

:)

Cheers bro - a bit different to training by myself but really good environment. It's heaps of fun seeing the guys progress. We have some good laughs and talk about KFC a lot :shifty: \:D/

Thanks again mate!

Otara Barbell Club - 2013 Auckland Powerlifting Champs

A really good day for OBC with 4 x Golds, 1 x Silver, 1 x Best Lifter and 14 x PBs from 5 lifters. More work to be done by everyone but heading in the right direction.

TEAM OBC

OBC on to great things bro! :clap:

Dox what was the red for on the squat for?...surely not depth?

OBC on to great things bro! :clap:

Dox what was the red for on the squat for?...surely not depth?

Thanks bro - the young fullas are working hard and good to train with but still have heaps to learn (and me too as well).

Not sure aye? I think that ref doesn't like KFC . . . . . :shock: :pfft:

Srs, not sure - I didn't ask.

would be keen to meet up and train with you guys and get tips , need to defeat my nemesis at the end of year...will show up with an ultimate box combo (does KFC still do those?)

Ultimate Meal Deal.. Been out of the game too long bro..

Welcome back to the world of bulking.

Should it up Lunch Deals between 12 and 2, $5 each, couple of those hits the spot !

I know KFC seems off topic but we all know that everyone loves KFC, especially Powerlifters :grin:

would be keen to meet up and train with you guys and get tips , need to defeat my nemesis at the end of year...will show up with an ultimate box combo (does KFC still do those?)

Ultimate Meal Deal.. Been out of the game too long bro..

Welcome back to the world of bulking.

Should it up Lunch Deals between 12 and 2, $5 each, couple of those hits the spot !

I know KFC seems off topic but we all know that everyone loves KFC, especially Powerlifters :grin:

A lot of people don't know this but Danny has the same birthday as Colonel Sanders :grin:

Otara Barbell Club - Comp #3 - Auckland Weightlifting Comp - 20th April 2013

Good day for OBC lifters - Sateki and William. Both lifted PBs and increased their NZ rankings. William lifted the qualifying total to be selected for the NZ Youth Weightlifting Team for the Oceania Champs in July #GoodStuff

OBC at Functional Strength and Gillies Ave - 27th April 2013

Pretty good day out for Team OBC - Max Snatch, Max C&J, Max Back Squat.

Plenty of PBs made. A few of the guys maxed out back squats after a 6-week Squat programme, gaining 10kg - 15kg on their back squats.