Strained Glute.

Murhf

Around 2 weeks ago I strained the top of my glute, towards the thoraco lumbar. Its painful enough to have a major effect on my squats. Have stopped dead lifting and only squatting with bar to maybe correct form. This happened doing good mornings.

Any suggestion on what to do, obviously Iam keen as hell to put weight on, but patience is the best.

Are there any stretches, or exercises which I can do to help it. Now and after it heals.

Oh Iam 6ft 4in.

Thanks every one.

Are you sure it's your glute, and not possibly an issue with the quadratus lumborum or piriformis? Is it isolated to one side?

In any case, I'd always recommend seeing a physio. There's only so much guess work we can do on the internet, and if you want to get it sorted and back to the weights ASAP a physio is your best option :nod:

• 2 weeks later...

Your taller then me :D (just curious, do you find being tall a slight disadvantage for squats/deadlifts). Also you do normal or sumo deadlifts?

In relation to the glutes what do you find to be the best exercises for glute development? I had very under-developed glutes until around 5-6 weeks ago when i started really targeting them (have improved A LOT). I find ATG squats, deadlifts, and stiff leg/Romanian deadlifts the best but i'm open to trying something else.

Glute bridges (esp with weight) are amazing for glute activation to.