40 Burpees

30 Snatch, 75 / 45 lbs

30 Burpees

30 Snatch, 135 / 75 lbs

20 Burpees

30 Snatch, 165 / 100 lbs

10 burpees

Max rep Snatch, 210 / 120 lbs

Going to try this after my night shift tonight. So tomorrow morning is going to be rather sore. Who's keen?????

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes it is repetitive Pseudonym, but when your smashing it for time, you want repetitive. I did a scaled version of this today 20kg, 30kg, 40kg, 50kg. Managed to do 160 reps in the 17 minutes, that's up to the round with 40kg snatches which I managed 20, so after a very short break I decided to finish the work out and managed an extra 10 snatch at 50kg and as I was in a really good head space I decided to try 1 rep at 60kg..... Which is now my PR, now this seams to most people that I should have put more into the WOD, but man it was actually deceptively hard.

Marathon running is repetitive: left foot, right foot, repeat. But it all comes down to the goal. Beating the next guy, improving your time, gaining recognition within your chosen field.

It is actually a lot of fun. Especially to watch at this level, as half assed reps don't count.

I advocate varied training.

Doing this tommorow morning had a play round today... I expect to be pretty dizzy afterwards lol.

It looks repetitive on paper but to get the best results IMO you need to structure the wod even though its only 17min long so when doing it, it's not really repetitive as such.. If u go balls to wall from the start ur gonna burn out and be unproductive. If you make small goals of reps in certain times and put it into stages with scheduled rests ur effort output should remain at a steady level for the duration. Ppl who do good in the 13.1 and all of them for that matter have a plan. Unless ur superman going 100% for 17mins is pretty unrealistic and will just end in disappointment. There's little merit in being the furtherest ahead after 8mins when it's a 17min wod.

Great post Tom, summarizes what I found doing CrossFit, you have to think, to know your limits, and know them exactly, so that you can pace yourself but leave nothing in the tank. When you look at how that snatch goes up, you can't afford to go hard-out early.

Did 13.1 this morning at my gym in 17min I got up to the 3rd set of snatch and got 7/30reps on that one which is 75kg weight. I just used a power snatch so no squat as it just has to be one movement and the burpee height 6inches above my max vertical reach.

Pretty good effort IMO. This workout def favours the short and stronger guys as if ur tall burpees take u longer to complete a rep and if ur strong u can just haul the snatch weights up in one swift movement.

Excited for the next one!

Did 13.1 this morning at my gym in 17min I got up to the 3rd set of snatch and got 7/30reps on that one which is 75kg weight. I just used a power snatch so no squat as it just has to be one movement and the burpee height 6inches above my max vertical reach.

Pretty good effort IMO. This workout def favours the short and stronger guys as if ur tall burpees take u longer to complete a rep and if ur strong u can just haul the snatch weights up in one swift movement.

Nice one Tom. Not many peeps are getting to the snatches at 75kg, so hitting 7 at 75 is mean.

I reckon 13.2 will be an AMRAP #HateAMRAPS :puke:

Nice one Tom. Not many peeps are getting to the snatches at 75kg, so hitting 7 at 75 is mean.

Have you done 13.1 yet bro? Or ur mate Richie? What u guys get..

Have you done 13.1 yet bro? Or ur mate Richie? What u guys get..

I won't do 13.1 (cluck, cluck lol) - nah, I'm too close to a couple of big comps to wreck my quads (aka I lack conditioning in my lungs/quads lol).

I know Richie did it today - but not sure what he got.

I did it last Friday - 150 reps as prescribed..

So it was a mash up of 12.1 and 12.2 - last year I couldnt even snatch one rep at 35kg, this year I did the 30 and the 20 burpees after.. Crawled back to the bar to load on 45kg and then time was called :pfft: fuckers.

Bring on wod 2..

I reckon :grin: Mana breeds beasts man, must be an army thing. We have had two people from there train with us after being posted up here, and I'm just like :shock: :shock: watching them.

Mean - must be good to train with/around guys like that.

I read 13.1, sat down, humbled.... there are things I'll try, and things that would only ever end badly. Things starting with "40 burpees" are high on that list /respect

burpees are a form of punishment in some 3rd world countries :shifty: :pfft:

13.2 = 10-min AMRAP

5 Shoulder to overhead, 115 / 75 lbs (52/34kg)

10 Deadlift, 115 / 75 lbs (52/34kg)

15 Box jump, 24 / 20 inch (60/50cm)

Thought it would be a 20-min beast - 10-min is still pretty tough though.

Good luck all!! *grabs bucket of KFC and sits on couch* \:D/ :pfft:

13.2 = 10-min AMRAP

5 Shoulder to overhead, 115 / 75 lbs (52/34kg)

10 Deadlift, 115 / 75 lbs (52/34kg)

15 Box jump, 24 / 20 inch (60/50cm)

Thought it would be a 20-min beast - 10-min is still pretty tough though.

Good luck all!! *grabs bucket of KFC and sits on couch* \:D/ :pfft:

That's a girls wod... 52kg deadlift... Not sure if srs lol

yep, I had to double check too lol, but those are the weights :)

Will be some ridic scores going up on this one (10-12+ rounds maybe), but also a lot of no repping and arguments over judging inconsistency :(

Mikko Salo to jump up the ladder for me on this one.

also a lot of no repping and arguments over judging inconsistency :( .

That's one of the problems with this kinda competition, it has the potential to be a little corrupt especially if someone is good at most things but is shit at something that happens to be in a wod given in the games and they are buddy buddy with the timekeeper... And it's not like ppl hate each other at the box they train at lol that's the only friends most of them have.

Also there is no running element in the qualifying part (this part) which is obvious why but that's not really fair to some of the guys who are good runners because there will be some running at the games definitely.