NZ's bodybuilding, strength and fitness community
Sign in to follow this  
legacy

1000 Pushup Challenge

Decided to give this a go and see how long it would take. I wasn't out to do this in one session but rather slowly fatigue over a few days. Completed 1000 standard military pressups with full ROM inside 72 hours. Pretty happy with myself as I don't consider myself 'fit'. Shoulders and tri's are pretty shagged and pumped to hell. I'll try pullups next. :)

Anyone undertaken any similar challenges and how did you find it?

Cheers legacy.

I haven't done a challenge like that... but I have worked up to 100 reps in a row. I reckon 1000 shouldn't be a problem throughout a day or even in just one workout if that's all you did for it.

How has your chest responded to the pushups?

I did a 1000 pressup's from 6 till 1030 when I was in the Army, was on CB and was my punishment. My tri's were blown :grin:

I haven't done a challenge like that... but I have worked up to 100 reps in a row. I reckon 1000 shouldn't be a problem throughout a day or even in just one workout if that's all you did for it.

How has your chest responded to the pushups?

Chest is fecking sore at the moment, as are shoulders and tri's. Will try diamond pressups next time but aim for 500 as the buggers are a lot tougher in volume but that will have to wait till after the pullup challenge. :D