Whey minus the artifitial sweetners / colours

size8

Hey guys / gals

Looking for decent priced Whey protein that hasn’t been flavoured with Suclarose, Aspartame or any of that other mock up shit. Trying to avoid sugar for reasons obvious. Sweetened with Stevia is fine and natural flavours are all good ie Cocoa for chocolate.

I knock back the big Fonterra bags that we all pitch in for and the flavourless stuff is fine. But Im getting soft in my old age and would be nice sit back a a great tasting Whey shake without pool chemicals or Bacteria faecal matter added. (research suclarose and aspartame to see what I’m getting at)

I know they’re out there because Dr Mercola swears by Miracle Whey but I can’t find it for the life of me. Any ideas would much appreciated, if not Ill stick to plain WPC, and keep a flavoured container of chocolate in the pantry for any visiting gym girls!

Cheers.

• 10 months later...

Did you ever have any luck size8?

My wife is in the early stages of pancreatitis which means she must minimise sugar intake and avoid artificial sweeteners/flavouring (particularly aspartame). We've tried out several protein powders and just a couple of mouthfuls will have her clutching her side in pain if they contain any of that stuff. 

Stevia is her saving grace, she can consume it with no problems at all.

Does anyone know of any powders that don't have artificial sweeteners and perhaps use stevia?

Any suggestions will be appreciated! 

Did you ever have any luck size8?

My wife is in the early stages of pancreatitis which means she must minimise sugar intake and avoid artificial sweeteners/flavouring (particularly aspartame). We've tried out several protein powders and just a couple of mouthfuls will have her clutching her side in pain if they contain any of that stuff. 

Stevia is her saving grace, she can consume it with no problems at all.

Does anyone know of any powders that don't have artificial sweeteners and perhaps use stevia?

Any suggestions will be appreciated! 

You could just buy natural whey and mix with stevia if need be? 

Optimum Nutrition make a decent natural whey. Just researched sweeteners the research seems pretty two-sided not sure if that naturalist or industries pushing for those views though...

optimum nutrition natural is really good but expensive. its just stevia and cocoa powder.

Ive recently come into a bag of unflavoured and have tried it mixed it with that avalache sugar free milkshake powder (its basically a "healthy" version of nesquick and you find it next to the nesquick in the supermarket) - its just stevia and natural flavourings - but you need a bit of it to cover the whey taste.

You could probably make your own mix too with cocoa powder and the granulated stevia you can buy at supermarkets.

• 2 weeks later...

My fav protein is profight whey complex. I get it for $90 from xtreme. Main ingredient isolate, no artificial flavours,colours,sweeteners or sucralose. 76 servings,24g protein and per 2 scoops 12g l glutamine and amino acids. Great value for money and tastes awesome in choc! And none of the other rubbish added. Cheapest natural whey by far!!!!

post-97173-14166839472664_thumb.jpg

Balance just brought out a new one! Its great. Chocolate, unflavoured and vanillia. Sweetened with stevia and no colouring, and tastes great! its my new favorite and now the only thing I would use now I know theres a good alternative to having all those nasty artificial sweeteners. 

Its in their green range and I think its called Balance Pure natural. 

• 2 weeks later...

My fav protein is profight whey complex. I get it for $90 from xtreme. Main ingredient isolate, no artificial flavours,colours,sweeteners or sucralose. 76 servings,24g protein and per 2 scoops 12g l glutamine and amino acids. Great value for money and tastes awesome in choc! And none of the other rubbish added. Cheapest natural whey by far!!!!

got this couple weeks ago but very reluctant to drink :/ stomach just doesn't seem to be getting used to it.. gives me crazy gas/diahhorea and the taste IMO is horrible, very sweet/chemical-ish flavour then again flavour is very subjective. I also didn't like dymatize elite gourmet swiss chocolate which is very popular and to me this tastes exactly like that.*bad* my first time (far as i know) consuming a stevia sweetened product, is stevia always very sweet like this and maybe take ages to get used to for someone with the opposite of a sweet tooth?

wonder what it could be thats causing digestive issues for me because the ingredient profile is awesome and found nothing but good reviews for it before ordering. been ages since i had it so bad like way back with the low quality weight gainer shakes

I find stevia overly sweet in most products. Its something like 20 times sweeter than sugar. (dont quote me on that im going off memory not facts) So I find a lot of things that are sweetened with stevia too sweet which is why I asked Balance for a sample of their new natural range - but they said they dont do samples and bugger off you scrounge (my words not theirs) so I decided to try a little tub first. And its not too sweet, If I put a banana with it its pushing my sweet limits but on its own its fine. 

The other option is an unflavoured pure protein and mix in your own sweet and flavor. Now foods do bottles of liquid flavoured stevia and I found in a shake about 5 drops is good and then you can make lots of flavours with the one bucket of unflavoured as well as use it on all sorts of other things. Ive seen people eat salad with unflavoured protein sprinkled on like some new fangled dressing. 

Now foods stevia is avaliable at iherb.com at good prices. I have coconut, vanilla, chocolate, hazlenut. And shotgun generally sell balance at about $1 over wholesale!!!!! Still not the cheapest but at least it tastes good.