Big John Prep for Fitx 2013

Big john

awesome work there Big John!

Even managed to get some eye candy in the film as well :lol:

Haha cheers bro!

Big set bro - will try this on our return I think - no belt perhaps to up the anty :pfft: :grin:

was intense to say the least, no bonus points for beltless bro :twisted: trolololol

• 2 months later...
Hey John you did the 310 with no trouble? did you do the 10 reps of 220 after your heavy lifts? what rep range and what weight did you do leading up to your 310? if you don't mind me asking? and did you work any other muscle groups on the day? Very impressive bro.

keen for your advice

yea was the last heavy deadlift sesh before fitx in melbourne. and i did the 220x10 after i had pulled 310

my set structure doesnt really deviate much. but i tend to work better with lesser reps and more singles than anything else

it would look like this

60x5

140x3

180x3

200x3

220x1

240x1

260x1

280x1

300x1

310x1

220x10

but i do ashit load of back and hamstring assistance. high rep work, as i basically pull Stiff legged

but i do a shit load of back and hamstring assistance. high rep work, as i basically pull Stiff legged

This has been my strategy too - unknowingly as it wasnt until I watched the Fitx footage that I realized I was popping my hips quite early in the lift. Do you think that's a height thing?

Up until I started training for Fitx I had been trying to really lock myself down which is easier up to 260kg. But 280 and 300 have been to hard so just running with it.

Have also found not DLing every week has helped too - Do then 3 weeks on then break for 2 at the moment so I can load more on rows etc in the off weeks.