Dexter Jackson wins 2005 ASC

jono

Lee Priest gets stiffed by the judges again. You'd think being the only competitor without a GH belly would count for something.

it does count. imo he should of been infront of gus. his conditioning was quite a bit better than the ironman, BUT he was still a little soft in the hams/glutes, and he lost a bit of upper body size to get to the condition he was in at the ASC. i thought his placing was fair, mayb he should of been one place higher, but when you look at it compared to who beat him... the whole "gut" argument falls over apart from gus.

but when you look at it compared to who beat him... the whole "gut" argument falls over apart from gus.

Dexter and Corimer both have the gut to some extent. I couldn't find a picture of Dexter relaxed from the side, but in this one from the front the convexness of the gut should be clearly visible. There is also the matter of the freakish GH-influenced facial features.

i think the gut thing gets taken a bit too far these days. guess what, people have to breath. when im relax my stomach isnt completly flat. and anyway, who cares how they look when they are not on stage, they are judge on stage and thats all that matters really.

excuse my ignorange, but what is GH gut? When i first looked at the pics the mans stomach area seemed really out of proportion. Is it because the GH causes the internal organs to grow, thus expanding the belly region?

you got it.. although there is a lot of debate on this issue

people have to breath. when im relax my stomach isnt completly flat.

You too, huh? My excuse is that as the abs get bigger, they inevitably take up more space...

bellies3ru.jpg

(BTW - I can't see anything wrong with Dexter's facial bones... what should I be looking for?)

"I can't see anything wrong with Dexter's facial bones... what should I be looking for"

I cant really see anything in this pic, however any users of GH get extra growth in the lower jaw that is quite noticable.

you can see the difference all over the head

I think the term your looking for is Acromegaly, or gigantism. This is normally a disease that causes the pituitary gland to secrete excessive amounts of growth hormone, resulting in abnormal growth of the facial bones, hands and feet giving the person a "neanderthal" look,and can be present in childhood - gigantism, or present as an adolescent or adult - Acromegaly.

André the Giant (old school WWF and bit part actor) suffered from this from birth. Acromelagy is generally fatal with a short life expectancy. The use of HGH by bodybuilders (and other athletes) causes a syndrome of Acromelagy, resulting in growth of the brow, jaw and nose, as well as growth of the internal organs - intestines, giving what is now termed GH gut. This GH gut is exacerbated by the high volume of food bodybuilders have to consume. If you were eating upwards of 12000 calories per day most peoples guts would stick out.

* For individuals with acromegaly, the mortality rate is 2-3 times that of the general population. Successful treatment, with normalization of GH levels, may be associated with a return to normal life expectancy.

For persons with acromegaly (disease), the most frequent causes of death are cardiovascular and respiratory complications. Researchers disagree on whether malignancy is a significant cause of increased mortality. Although benign tumors including uterine myomas, prostatic hypertrophy, and skin tags frequently may be encountered in acromegaly, documentation for overall prevalence of malignancies in patients with acromegaly remains controversial. Most studies suggest that as many as 30% of patients may harbor a premalignant colon polyp at diagnosis, and as many as 5% may harbor a colonic malignancy; however, the long-term impact of colonic lesions on morbidity and mortality has not been established. No clear evidence supports an increased risk for lung, breast, or prostate cancer. A significant cause of morbidity, sleep apnea may be both obstructive and central.

While not too many top bodybuilders have dropped dead lately, with the prevalence and abuse of GH going on today there are likely to be many problems further down the track. This is especially so when combined with the effects that the gear is having on the rest of the internal organs in many bodybuilders.

Have a look out for Jean Pierre Fux if you want to see the king of GH gut.

post-155-14166816696372_thumb.jpg

post-155-14166816696508_thumb.gif