Gym grades

The Legend Killer

I thought of an idea where you grade gyms you attend or have attended between A+ and F- on particular categories, and then come up with an overall score.

The categories I would use are:

Customer service

Choice of facilities offered

Cardio equipment range

Free weights range (including benches, squat racks, dumbells, barbells etc.)

Machine range

Member density (i.e. how crowded it gets)

Opening hours

Gym decor

Price

Overall score

I will start off by rating a couple of gyms.

It would also be good to include a rating for how supportive you perceive the gym culture to be towards the competitive bodybuilding and its fraternity.

For example, some gyms have support groups, personal trainers, photos of their competitive BB'er success stories on their notice boards. They appear more geared up and supportive of this aspect. They appear to have a stronger presence of competitive bodybuilders in their membership.

Other gyms align themselves more with mainstream, non-competitive bodybuilding/weight lifting.

For example, my own gym, has said that getting a reputation as a 'competitive BB'ing gym' can put off mainstream gym go'ers - so is a marketing niche they don't like to be too closely aligned with. They are really good to me, offer great service and a range of equipment, but it is a business decision they have made. It doesn't worry me, but sometimes it would be nice to connect more regularly with others with similar competitive connections and experiences.

Other gyms align themselves more with mainstream, non-competitive bodybuilding/weight lifting.

For example, my own gym, has said that getting a reputation as a 'competitive BB'ing gym' can put off mainstream gym go'ers - so is a marketing niche they don't like to be too closely aligned with. They are really good to me, offer great service and a range of equipment, but it is a business decision they have made. It doesn't worry me, but sometimes it would be nice to connect more regularly with others with similar competitive connections and experiences.

what gym is this west wave in waitakere city?

when i was a member there the gym manger, (whos a nobody) called me into his office and accused me of using gear and started going on bout shit like this gym isnt a bodybuilding gym. what the f*ck is a "bodybuilding gym"?

a mate of mine who is a PT also applyed for a job there as a fitness instructor and in the interveiwed my mate mentioned he did powerlifting, and quickly the manger said, well this gym isnt a gym for bodybuilders or weightlifters its for general health and fitness.

imo, a gym is a gym and u can do what u like in there within reason when u have a membership, i dont belive in such a thing as a bodybuilding gym, some people think the coloseum gym is a bodybuilding gym well when i went there for a workout i never saw any bodybuilders.

so if your looking to actually see some results from your gym time dont join at west wave because thats against rules of the gym and the manager gets jealous if u get bigger or stronger than him, which aint that hard :pfft: