Time to size up!

rapz

Did a slow cut from september up until around christmas, goal was to get into single bodyfat % at least 9-10% anyway. Start out weight was 117kg then final weight i was hovering around 105kg.

Links to my other progress photos are below

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=16333

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=16880

the first lot was on a bulk, then second lot was half way into my cut.

the picture i have put up were around the final few weeks of my cut, was happy with what i achieved and was fricken hard to say the least, i have a huge appreciation in regards to what competing bodybuilders put themselves through after doing this. :nod:

Anyway the latest picture is pretty shitty but taken a week ago, have been bulking up since around xmas, looking to put on some decent size and have had thoughts and itches to compete in a begginer/entry level competition, feedback is welcome Churz!!

post-10553-14166825117762_thumb.jpg

post-10553-14166825118112_thumb.jpg

post-10553-14166825118219_thumb.jpg

post-10553-14166825118322_thumb.jpg

post-10553-14166825118471_thumb.jpg

Back is lacking a LOT! But other than that, you're looking mean. Good proportions and nicely shaped muscle bellies.

Hey bro cheers for teh feedback, i know my back is lagging heaps, i see on your post its one of your stronger points.

looking to bring up both width and thickness, you have any recommendations to assist in this area?? Heavy deads?, More/Less Volume?

Cheers again.

Looking good brah !!

Looks like my gym, never seen you around, when do you train ?

ESBB?? i dont always train there bro, i sometimes go in a couple times a week if im over that side of town. some strong boys in there! seeesssh!! :oops:

Yea bro, I'm in there everyday haha. Oh true, all good, I'm sure will catch you down there sometime.

As SUAS said Lats and thickness in the back is lacking, what are you doing for it at the moment ?

Can give you a few pointers at the gym sometime if you want.

You're telling me !! Definitely keeps me on my toes :pfft:

As SUAS said Lats and thickness in the back is lacking, what are you doing for it at the moment ?

Can give you a few pointers at the gym sometime if you want.

Current back routine

Pull ups or Lat pulldowns (mix it up every now and again evry few weeks)

Narrow grip pull downs

Deads or rack pulls (again mix it up)

bent over row

one arm row

on the odd week have done stiff arm pull downs FST-7 style :D

in regards to sets, usually 3 or 4 for each exercise, depending on how taxed i'am after deads, and lower back is usually pumped as fuark after that as well, i will usually pyramid my sets going as heavy as possible whilst maintaining the best form i can. any help would be appreciated bro, its one area i really wanna bring up.

Well volume might be something we can change. I routinely hit 20-25 sets for Lats, all of those sets are usually 10+ reps. Thats not including Deadlifts, I do them on a separate day with Hamstrings etc. Just Pull Ups, Rows, etc.

Also form is one thing that comes to mind that is insanely important for training Lats, a big full stretch was what made my back actually start to grow. Even on rowing movements being a not quite as tight and letting a big stretch happen at the bottom. See a lot of people not stretch right out and they just end up working their Arms and very little emphasis goes on the Lats.

Just brainstorming at this stage as have never seen you train but could be things to look at.

Hopefully it helps :nod:

Well volume might be something we can change. I routinely hit 20-25 sets for Lats, all of those sets are usually 10+ reps. Thats not including Deadlifts, I do them on a separate day with Hamstrings etc. Just Pull Ups, Rows, etc.

Also form is one thing that comes to mind that is insanely important for training Lats, a big full stretch was what made my back actually start to grow. Even on rowing movements being a not quite as tight and letting a big stretch happen at the bottom. See a lot of people not stretch right out and they just end up working their Arms and very little emphasis goes on the Lats.

Just brainstorming at this stage as have never seen you train but could be things to look at.

Hopefully it helps :nod:

Cheers Beast, will add in some more volume the next few weeks and see how it goes. I really do emphasise form when i do back/lats and the the importance of getting a good contraction and stretch. Il take on board some of your suggestions and if i ever see you at ESBB ill hit you up, thanks again bro.

It seems odd you back is so far behind the rest of your other body parts...

this is purely from not training properly in the past i believe...

it wasnt until last year i decided to really knuckle down and work with a proper training split and get the nutrition side down pact.

before then i was just a league player who would lift 3-4 times a week, not really having a clue what i was doing in regards to form etc. i would come in and do the same thing most days, this would comprise of a few sets of benching, shoulder press, curls, seated row and whatever else we wanted to do on the day. no set structure, it was more for a bit of strength work than anything else.

• 3 weeks later...

Been bulking for around 7 weeks now. Time difference between photos is about 8 weeks. Top photo sitting at 105kgs and bottom 116kgs. A lot will be water im holding and some fat but hopefully have put some good muscle on as well, couple areas trying to bring up, arms and lats.

post-10553-14166825183985_thumb.jpg

f*ck load more size, man. Back doesn't look too bad from the front either.

Tat really highlights your nipple :lol:

Sticks out like a sore thumb! Not as much as my gut at the moment though :lol:

Insane gains! and over 7 weeks :shock:

Im quite pleased with my increase in mass in a short period of time, strength has gone up as well, only down side at the moment is feeling bloated, oh and destroying the toilet 5-6 times a day :oops:

I wonder how much muscle mass you added in that time period? Definitely looking a lot fuller and back has improved leaps and bounds contragz :clap:

Who knows? I definitely find it easier to put on weight opposed to losing it. I like to think a good amount is muscle, however my bf% has jumped up a bit as well so the vast majority i say would be water and fat. Im going to be mindful of this as i dont want to get to fat, i plan to bulk for a good 4-6 months, however il reassess where im at every few weeks and if im getting to fat il tone it down a bit or might even throw in a small cut.

I reckon its worth bulking over a long period of time 8-12 months and doing a "mini cut" every 3-4 months just to control bodyfat if you go over the top.

I'm doing a 18 month bulk but controlling calories so I gain slowly, so hopefully won't have to do mini cuts and don't want to do any metabolic damage.