Anyone know about Army/NZDF training?

FellowshipOfTheRon

I'm in the Army bro it's pretty simple stuff they try not to over complicate things just ask your recruiter if you have any problems they will be happy to help.

If you haven't done anything wrong then you should have know need to worry about the questions they will ask your referees.

Hey guys, Thanks so much for answering my questions.

I suppose I got 4 referees ready now (long time friends and work mates),

I'm still waiting for the email from NZSIS for online vetting.

and one more question on this..   

Is there any information/documents that I need when I do the online vetting?

Thank you guys.

honestly vetting is the easiest part dont worry about it at all, just give them what they ask for, proof of citizenship papers, passport or whatever.

Thank you so much for the reply!  My mate kinda made it sound serious and complicated haha .    but nothing to worry about!  thank you

You guys are getting so worried about the testing don't be, get yourself fit or find your self back squaddered or medically discharged,If you want to know what the Army is like ask people who have been in the Army in the Battalions or other Corps no point asking someone who has was only on Basic Training they have no idea what day to day Army life is like, my rant over

You guys are getting so worried about the testing don't be, get yourself fit or find your self back squaddered or medically discharged,If you want to know what the Army is like ask people who have been in the Army in the Battalions or other Corps no point asking someone who has was only on Basic Training they have no idea what day to day Army life is like, my rant over

Bahahahah 1000% agree. 

this thread is not about what army life is like, it's all about getting in.  it was made initially because there was no other online resource to answer the common questions a recruit has and eventually just became a log of my experience.

also if that was directed at me fu bro! you can train all you want and still be medically discharged you can't control some things.. i ran 10min RFL done more pushups than most the recruits and maxed on situps even with my hamstring tear never gave up wasn't until my leg stopped moving , meanwhile people with little sprains will sideline themselves right at the start.

I think the fact that this topic is still going strong after several years, with many new members signing up just to post in it, is proof that plenty of people ARE interested in talking about the defence force entry tests. And FOTR seems to be doing a great job of answering their questions.

But I agree with you - there's obviously more to it than just the entry tests. Have you posted your experiences here? I'm sure people would appreciate reading them. :)

this thread is not about what army life is like, it's all about getting in.  it was made initially because there was no other online resource to answer the common questions a recruit has and eventually just became a log of my experience.

also if that was directed at me fu bro! you can train all you want and still be medically discharged you can't control some things.. i ran 10min RFL done more pushups than most the recruits and maxed on situps even with my hamstring tear never gave up wasn't until my leg stopped moving , meanwhile people with little sprains will sideline themselves right at the start.

Running a 10min RFL is nothing to boast about mate - I knew guys running sub7s - now that is quick. 10min should be the max time allowed. Not sure what trade you were going for but in battalion everyone has to have a G1 or you get put on remedials. 

Regardless of whether you were MD-ed or what - you were only ever a recruit. 

So true DIANABOL G1 was the standard for Battalion, under 10 minutes you passsed RFL so you coukd go over seas play in Army sports teams, still missing the point everyone is hung up on testing the recruiters are already deciding if your Army material from the moment you walk in the door. Fire away with questions what its like to be a soldier 24/7

To be honest a general day in the army in camp isn't to much different structure wise to any other job, start at 8-5 with lunch in between.

Its only when you are out in the field you get pushed to the limits. This coming from 5 years in 1st Bn.

Running a 10min RFL is nothing to boast about mate - I knew guys running sub7s - now that is quick. 10min should be the max time allowed. Not sure what trade you were going for but in battalion everyone has to have a G1 or you get put on remedials. 

Regardless of whether you were MD-ed or what - you were only ever a recruit. 

im saying i ran it with a grade 2 hamstring tear, not boasting, in contrast it was really stupid of me to keep going at that level as the extra load on other limbs is what caused the damage i'm still dealing with today.. still 10min dealing with that is better than people i know who made it through and done worse than i did with injuries me on their final rfl

You got injured so were unfit for service. Your cardiovascular fitness is irrelevant if your body isnt able to handle it. You are clearly physically unfit for service and in a combat situation there is great potential for you to become a huge liability and get your mates killed. This is why the military has these type of tests...to weed out those unsuitable for WHATEVER reason.

You got injured so were unfit for service. Your cardiovascular fitness is irrelevant if your body isnt able to handle it. You are clearly physically unfit for service and in a combat situation there is great potential for you to become a huge liability and get your mates killed. This is why the military has these type of tests...to weed out those unsuitable for WHATEVER reason.

oh no what is this thread turning in to!!. i am not complaining about that and no longer hung up about the fact that i didn't make it. i reapplied late last yr and was told i'd never be considered for medical clearance, end of the day it isn't about me i just wanted to serve the country, if i get fkd up in service mates will risk their lives to save mine, it's a burden on the entire team - you don't need to rub salt in the wounds mate i accept this. it was a great life experience regardless how short it was and i fully recommend this experience to anyone considering.

everyone feel free to contribute to this thread by documenting your experiences. this is no dick measuring contest if you got something to add chime in otherwise get lost, get with the program fgts

oh no what is this thread turning in to!!. i am not complaining about that and no longer hung up about the fact that i didn't make it. i reapplied late last yr and was told i'd never be considered for medical clearance, end of the day it isn't about me i just wanted to serve the country, if i get fkd up in service mates will risk their lives to save mine, it's a burden on the entire team - you don't need to rub salt in the wounds mate i accept this. it was a great life experience regardless how short it was and i fully recommend this experience to anyone considering.

everyone feel free to contribute to this thread by documenting your experiences. this is no dick measuring contest if you got something to add chime in otherwise get lost, get with the program fgts

How long were you on basic for FOTR?

Plenty of people serving in the defence force who couldn't pass a RFL test.

Exactly this. I knew a guy that had been in for 20 years still a private(got promoted shortly after) hadn't passed an RFL in over 5 years. Had a good friend who hadn't passed in 2 years, threatened with being kicked out if he didn't improve, 6 months later still couldn't pass, nothing happened.