Anyone know about Army/NZDF training?

FellowshipOfTheRon

Yea dude exactly. I had a bullshit conviction 19months ago they have told me to wait 6more months then things will progress. 🤙

Will give me time to get my shit together and get back upto standard because let's face it 32 years old gunna be a challenge. I made my mind up a few years ago that i would join, not going to let that stand in my way and I think they can see that. I've always felt somthing missing with every job I've had even now I'm running my own bussiness. Gotta scratch that itch 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/19/2018 at 6:55 AM, Bruizer said:

Yea dude exactly. I had a bullshit conviction 19months ago they have told me to wait 6more months then things will progress. 🤙

Will give me time to get my shit together and get back upto standard because let's face it 32 years old gunna be a challenge. I made my mind up a few years ago that i would join, not going to let that stand in my way and I think they can see that. I've always felt somthing missing with every job I've had even now I'm running my own bussiness. Gotta scratch that itch 

what was your conviction?

A partner took out a protection order many years ago so she could take my kids when she left. Couple years ago I got pissed and we had an argument I said some dumb shit was no physical violence cops called charged and convicted breach of protection order no firearm. Previous to that was a pissed driving 7years ago. 

6 hours ago, Bruizer said:

A partner took out a protection order many years ago so she could take my kids when she left. Couple years ago I got pissed and we had an argument I said some dumb shit was no physical violence cops called charged and convicted breach of protection order no firearm. Previous to that was a pissed driving 7years ago. 

yeah sweet, i got 18 month stand down from navy for much worse than that, so its always possible i guess? just dont be a dickhead in future

On 7/07/2018 at 10:54 AM, Sarah123 said:

Thank you 😊 I am just wondering what current deployments the NZ army are on?

and does anyone know what being a medic in the army is like?? Thanks 

As it happens, I think one of our long-time members has been accepted as a medic, just in the last week or so. It's probably too early for him to be able to tell you all about it, but he might have a few thoughts to share. @tomleegolf, can you chip in here?

What are the living conditions like during Basic? Is it a massive hall with several dozen bunk beds, or is it more 'dorm style' with multiple rooms with several recruits in each. The Basic Training Vid on the Defense Force website showed a dorm style system, but that was in like, 2010 or so.

What were your experiences?

Oh, and what is the reason for PT after breakfast? You'd be going on a full stomach :vomit: :sluggish:

5 hours ago, Matador said:

What are the living conditions like during Basic? Is it a massive hall with several dozen bunk beds, or is it more 'dorm style' with multiple rooms with several recruits in each. The Basic Training Vid on the Defense Force website showed a dorm style system, but that was in like, 2010 or so.

What were your experiences?

Oh, and what is the reason for PT after breakfast? You'd be going on a full stomach :vomit: :sluggish:

Engine won't run with no fuel in it bro