Anyone know about Army/NZDF training?

FellowshipOfTheRon

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah, not going to lie, recruiting process has been a bit of a shit show for me too. 

I've been in the process for about a year and a half now, on to my second recruiter. Finally attended my OSB and have to do one final interview with a psychologist before I can get my offer.

Have you gotten an answer yet Bruizer ?

On 12/10/2017 at 5:30 PM, pokgaitsubasa said:

Yeah, not going to lie, recruiting process has been a bit of a shit show for me too. 

I've been in the process for about a year and a half now, on to my second recruiter. Finally attended my OSB and have to do one final interview with a psychologist before I can get my offer.

Have you gotten an answer yet Bruizer ?

Not yet but sounds like we could be in the same boat. 

21 hours ago, amenon said:

How is it to be an engineering officer at the nz Air Force ?

i have been called for the aptitude test & physical test on 7th November 

please let me know of any advices that you think would be helpful 

thanks

Knowing how to make sense would be a great start 

Be nice, Bruizer!

There's nothing particularly wrong with Amenon's post. His first question is perhaps a bit "old school English" in style, although it's actually fine grammatically. But if you need it translated, he wants to know what it's like to be an engineering officer.

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, amenon said:

Thanks for replying. I think the aptitude tests are the same for all.

They have asked me to practice the wonderlic tests too.

How tough are these tests?

They have practice tests online. Have to remember you have time limits. When i done the advanced maths test I found it really hard.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

First of all thanks for the information! this is is such a good read, the information on here is what like 90% of new recruits would be looking for. 

Im currently waiting to be hopefully selected. I’ve completed interview and beep test etc.

next will be full medical, security clearance. 

Im applying for fire fighting either in the Army or Air Force, was hoping to hear any insight into what the fire fighting trade is like from people who are actually working in or have worked in the NZDF, 

is it considered a good trade to go for?

have you guys had any mates in the fire fighting trade? If so did they enjoy it?

biggest pros and cons? 

Thanks so much! 

• 3 weeks later...

Well after about 18 months since my original application and 11 months since my reconsideration I have been declined can't reapply for 2 years. And I must say I'm absolutely gutted. Especially after already sitting all the tests etc, i really did have my hopes up.Thanks to all who have contributed to this page it's got some really good info and tips. 

• 6 months later...

Not being able to reapply for two years was a load of b.s. after doing some digging and speaking to peolpe higher in the food chain I've found out a few things recruitment has told me is crap.  

On 6/12/2017 at 5:44 PM, Bruizer said: