Anyone know about Army/NZDF training?

FellowshipOfTheRon

There is 4 pissed driving couple failing to stop. From over 10 years ago. Apparently character ref won't sway it. When i applied for reconsideration they re- done my police check I said to them I thought a interview would be good at this point then an informed decision can be made. When 

On 8/5/2017 at 9:54 AM, Bruizer said:

There is 4 pissed driving couple failing to stop. From over 10 years ago. Apparently character ref won't sway it. When i applied for reconsideration they re- done my police check I said to them I thought a interview would be good at this point then an informed decision can be made. When 

what trade you going in for? they have different security clearance levels and is all on a scored risk system. with your last conviction being over 10 years ago and clean slate not applying they should be able to form a clear view from your records to show that you have served your sentences/paid the fines and now a changed man with no further repeat offences. it doesn't guarantee you pass any scorecard risk assessment but it may be worth having a chat with your recruiter about your options at this stage and reqest if you could have a face to face interview with the security team lead. just chase it as you would any other job.

On 05/08/2017 at 9:54 AM, Bruizer said:

I failed the advanced maths test for armoured so now just a grunt. I've spoken to her and same anwser have to wait. I email them most weeks for months and have mentioned about having an interview but same anwser "that's not how it works and it's out of my hands" I expected it to take a while and my convictions to be a problem.

4x drink driving charges is pretty serious bro. Failing to stop at a stop sign or failing to stop for a police officer?

you are going to be operating vehicles in the nzdf and potentially carrying passengers. They don't want anyone posing a risk to safety and they only know what they know. Which is your past. I'm not sure how you show someone you are a good person, maybe some voluntary work?

Hard luck mate, hope it works out in your favour.

20 hours ago, Realtalk said:

4x drink driving charges is pretty serious bro. Failing to stop at a stop sign or failing to stop for a police officer?

you are going to be operating vehicles in the nzdf and potentially carrying passengers. They don't want anyone posing a risk to safety and they only know what they know. Which is your past. I'm not sure how you show someone you are a good person, maybe some voluntary work?

Hard luck mate, hope it works out in your favour.

Not stopping for police. I had an email from my recruiter that she has applied to security for an interview in regards to ipc? I realise my convictions are serious but at the end of the day the past is the past and people change and I guess that having kids and buying a house etc has a lot to do with that. I've also successfully been running my own business for some time now so that should show something? 

6 minutes ago, PETN said:

Why would you want to join the military if you're running a successful business. You are aware that the money is pretty shithouse?

I'm well aware what the money is. It's just something I always wanted to do,I just ended up following other career paths not everything is about money in life 

On ‎06‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 0:37 PM, Bruizer said:

I failed the advanced maths test for armoured so now just a grunt. I've spoken to her and same anwser have to wait. I email them most weeks for months and have mentioned about having an interview but same anwser "that's not how it works and it's out of my hands" I expected it to take a while and my convictions to be a problem.

You might be pushing it to get they are quite strict but you never know. Nothing wrong with being Infantry 

• 3 weeks later...