Chest Day - Possible lat tear?

Stubbies

Hi everyone,

Minor bruising on both lat's just below my scapula on either side of my back, went relatively heavy for me today doing chest.

1. Light bruising

2. No pain

3. No swelling

4. Muscle seem's connected and fine.

I know I'm slightly over-reacting, but I just want to have some extra advice because BB has taken over my life.

Thanks

Hi everyone,

Minor bruising on both lat's just below my scapula on either side of my back, went relatively heavy for me today doing chest.

1. Light bruising

2. No pain

3. No swelling

4. Muscle seem's connected and fine.

I know I'm slightly over-reacting, but I just want to have some extra advice because BB has taken over my life.

Thanks

I've got a bruise in that same spot you describe... from benching as well several years ago. The bruise never went away lol. I don't think my injury was very sore either... not sure tho can't really remember. I think it healed up alright and hasn't affected my benching.

Can you take some pics? I want to see if you're talking about the same spot.

Im not a physio but maybe you had your elbows tucked in and your lats were controlling the weight on the way down and tore? Ive heard of this happening to a powerlifter who went from flaring his elbows out to tucking them in

Wont help much now if its already injured

Hmm don't think it would be a tear. I think your lats got bruised probably from their position on the bench. A bilateral tear of the lats on the bench press seems unlikely.

^^ This.

Bruising from pressure against the bench, can be bad when retracting scaps and elbow tucking like a powerlifter on a rock hard bench! :grin: