Mmmmmm K

Monarchking

This isn't me..

trap_bar_deadlift.jpg

History lesson:

I am 5'5.5"

Started training @23 in 2008 weighed 57kg. Always trained at home, picked up a good training partner around late 2009 he has similar history/stats as me.(call him 'mega loin' ..huge spinal erectors lol)

Peaked this year @27 weighed in at 90kg with shocking PBs of:

Squat 190x1 b,w

Bench 120x1 (touch n blow)

Dead 195x1 b

Keeping things simple and uncomplicated. Learned heaps last year and got a little imbalanced and tight in some areas that need to be weeded out over time.

Starting new 5/3/1. Knocking 1RM down to

Squat 170

Bench 115

Deadlift 185

Press 72.5

And lowering even further, using 90% of those numbers. Um for Xmas I purchased a trap bar so will be doing Trap Bar deadlifts in place of BB Deadlifts. :shifty:

Have had no structure in training since finished a couple months ago on 5/3/1 that lasted 11 cycles :shock: And just 2 weeks rest due to elbow injury. But fucken excited about training. I can actually visualise 220 on the bar and 140 on the bench, its in my mind I can smell the chalk and see the plates. I also plan on getting the scale to 97kg I can see the digets, I am 87kg now.

f*ck YEA!

Trap Bar Dead Lift

Never used one. Using it as a tool to lead with the chest, got a little stiff and retarded at the end of this year with my deadlift.

107x5

125x5

142x20

142x10

142x10

142x10

142x10

142x10

TB Shrug

Proud chest, no front rotation

5x12 @ 70kg

krocs

4x10 @ 43kg

1x28 @ 43kg

Sit ups

bw 15x15x15

Descent start I guess. :D Was quite hot training.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great intro :)

So do I understand right? You be doing trap bar instead of BB deadlift?

My understanding is that it is more of a squat movement patern... Don't bother me but just wondering why?

Good luck tho .. I be popping in.

yea I think your right. Why? For some reason I am motivated to give it a crack, and I just lost the hunger for the DL. Also want to hit it hard as I can. Also I lost tech with the DL and got a little immobile and my back seized up 3-4X last yea so need to fix some imbalances and hopeing a trap bar may be a useful tool in fix them.

I have no experience with the trap bar.

I was going to front squat a lot too, for the same reason lost the savage hunger for the back squat, but I found it again so sticking with.

Definetly no world records today. Haven't been able to do any upper body movements for 3 weeks because of the fucken elbow, but its back to 100% now. Delts felt tight sore and weak well bellow 100% performance but that will all change :D

Standing press

42x5

47x5

55x8

50x10

40x10

40x10

40x10

40x10

40x10

40x10

40x10

Dips

5x15 bodyweight

Calf toe press

3x50

Good to get some blood flow around the delt area, feels like forever since I have pumped that shiz up. Well this is a start.

Merry Christmas lifters.

Back Squat

100x5

115x5

130x10 b

100x10

100x10

100x10

100x10

100x10

Good morning

50x10

50x10

50x10

50x10

50x10

Ab roll outs

3x10

Pretty basic shit. Felt nice and upright throughout my squats untill the last 4 reps of the last set. Not using a belt in any back off sets, need to strengthen that shit. 130 actually felt heavy, haven't done many squats for a while.

This drained my energy.

Not exactly what I wanted, :banging: ELBOW RAGE :banging: sore aye. Kept moderate volume.

Bench

87x13

80x10

80x10

80x10

Dips

bwx20

bwx20

bwx20

Close grip bench

50x15x10x10

Tried pull ups but elbow rage.

Might have to take more time warming up the joint on pressing movements. Probably why they feel fucked now.

So I tried getting the bar lower on my back, it doesn't feel comftable and its semi unatural for me. So going back to my normal tech.

Garage was a mild 27deg, a tight left hip flexor developed into a right side back bump. gay.

Was hot but got it done, very disappointed with top set but was trying something new.

Back Squat

Shit tech=shit result

115x3

125x3

137x6

100x10

100x10

100x10

100x10

100x10

Good morning

Need to up weight, have tech sorted I think

5x10 @50kg

hex bar farmers walk

Never done loaded carries before but they look bad arse and Im sure will fill in some weaknesses. :D Quite fun and new so all good.

3 sets to the mail box and back

120kg

mariuz-farmers-walk_380.jpg

:banging: NOOOOO GETTING A COLD MEGA THROAT DEATH :banging:

Squat Lift

getting easier but dam my throat is roar cant even talk pissed me off a bit

120x5

142x3

160x20

160x10

160x10

160x10

160x10

160x10

Trap Bar shrug

5x12 @ 70

Trap Bar row

gave up, enough done, sickenss setting in... FIGHT IT

2x15 @ 50

f*ck picked up the flu! Fruit, water and protein shakes are whats going in.

Off to Auckland on Sunday to catch The Red Hot Chillis play. Staying in the CBD and looking for a training session on Monday. Anyone recommend any place close? Squat rack probably required as will have to postpone a few sessions due to sickness :puke: :puke:

You're a beast bro, I enjoy following your logs, attitude to training is always good :clap: Jumping onto the platform this year?

Hope the flu passes quick, as for Auckland, CBD might mean Les Mills is the most handy to you? Casuals are steep from what I remember though... I haven't trained in Auckland for a while so hopefully an Auckland local can chime in here for you 8)

All the best bro.

You're a beast bro, I enjoy following your logs, attitude to training is always good :clap: Jumping onto the platform this year?

Hope the flu passes quick, as for Auckland, CBD might mean Les Mills is the most handy to you? Casuals are steep from what I remember though... I haven't trained in Auckland for a while so hopefully an Auckland local can chime in here for you 8)

All the best bro.

Platform? hmm I would like to once I can hit 200 in the squat without having to scream yell slap myself and sniff salts to get pyced up for it :oops: Just to make it 'official'

I looked at less mills and looks like you can get a 4week trail period FREE(conditions apply) so I guess thats a fee month out of 12. lol Doesn't say anything about casual rates but I am guessing $30?!

cheers Drizzt

OK lots of snot but energy is back and diet is back on track after been in bed for two 3 days. I will just drag this cycle out over 5 weeks since I been sick.

Over head Press

Going to rest pause every max set, try and get a bigger press!

45x5

55x3

60x10(rest pasued last 3)

42x10

42x10

42x10

45x10

45x10

Seated front press

45x10

50x7

55x7

Side raises

4x12

Pull ups

5x10 bodyweigth

Hex bar loaded carry

Roughly 40meters, have to turn at the end and come back

120x1

150x1

Ok didn't train in Auckland. Still suffering serious DOMS in the neck from rocking hard to the chillis. And to think people thought they could push through me n the Mrs LOL.

Was an epic show, been a fan for years. Missed out last time they were here because I left the country nvm, worth the wait.

I am training a 15 year old kid, he is keen and big. Not good condition, but thats all right, he has good squat tech and seems really keen and not the type to get caught up in drugs and alcohol so HOPE if I don't scare him off he can become a beast.

Just did 100 pull ups of various grip in between spotting peoples squats in the gym today.

Pull up

10x10 body weight

Back Squat

Felt ok, a little coming forward, need bring up weaknesses and get stronger overall.

115x5

130x3

145x6 (belt)

110x10

110x10

110x10

120x9 (belt)

130x5 (belt)

Good mornings

This is a killer exercise, smashes the core pretty good too what is a big weakness of mine

60x6

50x10

50x10

50x10

50x10

ham curl

3x12

Standing cable crunch

3x15

was hard work actually, but I have felt that I am getting a little bit more conditioned to the 5x10 squat and trap bar deadlift.

just a small goal of mine is to squat 160x10 in knee wraps. i think I have done 165x5 in wraps???