elbow fore arm pain

NZjake

I have got this pain when lifting in my inside elbow and runs down to my wrist when doing certain workouts I.E preacher curls dumbell curls or benching over 80-90kg its hurts pretty bad and is even worse once i have released the weight. but even simple tasks like lifting the jug when making coffee this is going on 2 months now...and is getting beyond a joke!

I have got this pain when lifting in my inside elbow and runs down to my wrist when doing certain workouts I.E preacher curls dumbell curls or benching over 80-90kg its hurts pretty bad and is even worse once i have released the weight. but even simple tasks like lifting the jug when making coffee this is going on 2 months now...and is getting beyond a joke!

Shin splints (In your arms?). lol. No jokes. I have had severe bouts of shin splints in my younger days and have found lately that I seem to get it (Not as bad) in my damn lower arms as well, especially when doing curls.

Shin splints (In your arms?). lol. No jokes. I have had severe bouts of shin splints in my younger days and have found lately that I seem to get it (Not as bad) in my damn lower arms as well, especially when doing curls.

Dude are you serious?? Im 30years old! I did use to suffer shin splits badly especially when i was younger and did alot of hunting

Don't see how your age has anything to do with shin splints.

I do get the pain in the forearms, exactly like a remember from shin splints. So whether it is related or not, dunno, but dead serious.

EDIT: Only reason I mentioned "younger days" was because I was doing crazy sprint athletics when I was younger, and that caused the whole shin splint thing. Nothing to do with age I believe.

I used to get it from bb curls, I stopped training upper body for 2 weeks and stopped bb curls for a long time (substituted for hammer curls, with lighter weight but higher volume) and over time it went away. Those ezy-curl bars are whatever their correct name is are also good if you get those pains and to work biceps I found. Just my experience

Is it pump related? If I use a straight bar for upright rows and go heavy ill have sore forearms on all kinds of other lifts that involve forearms including barbell curls wide grip chins etc starting a day or so after the day I did the upright rows (not actually sore at the time of training making it hard to pin point), it's related to the squeezing and angle of gripping. If I use ezy curl bars for the uprights I don't get the pain later on. I find it worse once my forearms are pumped and when releasing the weights after a set. Hope this is of some help.

• 2 weeks later...