Gymrat's journey to the bodybuilding stage

Pseudonym

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I had a thought yesterday which was when I start lowering my carbs I wonder how my biking will go like for when I am biking home from work etc

I think you'll be just fine. :)

If you start to feel lethargic and getting fatigued while biking home on a low carb diet feel free to pull over and rest your eyes mate. Also you might find buying DVDs on the intrawebs to also be abit draining whilst on low carbs.

Just please stay safe xo

Arms today

BB curls 3x10-12 50kg,55kg,58kg

Over head cable curls 3x10-12 50pps,60pps,70pps

Biceps cable curls 3x10-12 140,150,160 in pounds

DB hammer curls FST-7 7x10-12 42kg's for the seven working sets

Triceps cable push downs 3x10-12 99,101,110 in pounds

Triceps overhead cable extensions 3x10-12 140,150,160 in pounds

Dips 3x12

DB triceps donkey kickbacks FST-7 7x10-12 28kg's for the seven working sets

Had a good train today plus it was a bit average starting off things started to pick up as things picked up.Stopped off at Supplement me after words to pick up a bag of super quad plus my supplement stack is back to normal :D .Next Friday is my Xmas work do and last one for a while and thought it might a good idea to buy that note book and pen so I can write down what I had to eat and my work do is at Eurkea which is cafe and bar in Dunedin not sure if we are going there for meal or just for snack foods and drinks.I was thinking today before I head up to Wellys for the sevens I am going to drop off a copy of my page at Les Mills extreame since I like training there when I go to Wellys each year.Eats for today are

Breakfast one cup of oats,one egg,two tsp of flax seed,one banana,one cup of yoghurt

Pre training handful of raisions with 500ml of milk,creatine

Lunch one cup of brown rice with two cups of mixed veggies,one cup of beans and tuna

Afternoon tea two rice caked topped one table spoon of peanut butter,two table spoons of tuna and able

tea basmati rice two carrots glass of trim milk tuna

Before bed protein shake

I forgot to mention also I got a couple of super quad double chocolate fudge which is the same flavour as the 4.4 pound bag.One of co workers at work today was asking be about when is your bodybuilding I said the one in Auckland on August 17th and the one hear on Sep 7th.Still waiting to hear back from my coach after I emailed him on Monday asking about to see if he can take pics of me.

Rest day today and finished my Xmas shopping as well eats for today are

Breakfast protein shake,one cup of oats,one egg,two tsp of flax seed,banana,one cup of yoghurt,multi

Morning tea one apple and creatine

Lunch half chicken with rice from Nandos

Afternoon tea two rice cakes topped with one table spoon of peanut butter two table spoons of peanut butter,one banana

tea home made pizza with same toppings as last week,asperagus and millk

Before bed protein shake

Had lunch with the old man at Nandos also I bought myself a note book to write down what I will be eating at my Xmas work do for work on Friday.I went to the Otago museum to have a look at the Canterbury quakes exhibit it was very moving plus it made me think of you guys in Christchurch when the quakes hapend

Rest day today and Monday the start of week three in my journey to the BB stage.Eats for today

Breakfast One cup of oats with one egg,two tsp of flax seed,one cup of yoghurt,banana,protein shake,multi

Morning tea handful of handful of raisions,glass of milk,creatine

Lunch One cup of brown rice with one cup of beans,two cups of mixed veggies,176g of low fat ham

Afternoon tea two rice cakes topped one table spoon of peanut butter,one apple,two table spoons of tuna

tea chicken,kumara,asperigush,two raw carrots and 500 ml of milk

Before bed protein shake

I was reading a article in the current issue of Flex and I read that 2012 USA championship light and overall winner Darron Glenn dose walking lunges with a plate or walking lunges with his body weight.I thought that just give me a very good idea instead of doing db walking lunges what I have been doing and form starts to slip on the last set.I am going to ditch DB walking lunges and do them with my body weight or by holding a couple of plates instead

Quads today

leg extensions 1x20 66kg,3x10-12 120kg,123kg,126kg

Smith machine squats 3x10-12 150kg,160kg,180kg

Walking lunges body weight 3x15 and 15 up and 15 back

Leg press 3x10-12 7pps,8pps,9pps

Singe leg extensions FST-7 7x10-12 46kg for the seven working sets

Had a good hard train and also I got very good depth on walking lunges by using my body weight plus it was the first time I did body weight walking lunges.Found out what the hours are for my gym during the Xmas break and thought the plan for next week is Monday quads,Wednesday Chest and calfs,Thursday back,Friday Shoulders and hamstrings ,Saturday Arms

Eats

Breakfast protein shake,one cups with one egg,one banana,one cup of yoghurt and multi

Pre training handful of raisons,500ml of milk,creatine

Post training protein shake

Lunch one cup of brown rice,two cups of mixed veggies,one cup of beans,one can of tuna

Afternoon tea two rice cakes topped with one table spoon,two table spoons of tuna one apple

tea steak, potatoes ,beans and 500ml of milk

Before bed protein shake

I have also notice that myself that profits are looking a bit flat on my page on give a little and I hope profits pick up soon :pray:.Question for guys do you have any good ideas on how to the get the ball rolling again on my page since the profits are looking a bit flat just now?

I have also notice that myself that profits are looking a bit flat on my page on give a little and I hope profits pick up soon :pray:.Question for guys do you have any good ideas on how to the get the ball rolling again on my page since the profits are looking a bit flat just now?

i'll donate when you put some progress pics up, and others probably will too.

anyone in gymrats area on here able to help him out?

Chest and calfs today

DB incline press 1x15 26kg's,3x10-12 40kg's,42kg's,46kg's

Flat bench fly's 3x10-12 34kg's,36kg's,40kg's

Flat DB bench press 3x10-12 46kg's,48kg's,50kg's

Cable cross overs FST-7 7x10-12 80pps for the seven working sets

Calf press 3x10-12 7pps,8pps,9pps

Standing calf raise 3x10-12 270,280,300 in pounds

Seated calf raise 3x10-12 80kg,100kg,110kg

I had good train this morning when I resting between sets when I was doing seated calf raise I had to get bar off a female member who had a hard time to get it back up while she was doing bb incline press plus she give me the look after words which made me feel a bit :shifty: .Before I went out the door I pm Ronin and asked about see if he can take progress pic and the answer is yes which is good news and plus I can get the ball rolling.Eats for today are

Breakfast Protein shake,one cup of oats,one egg,two tsp of flax seed,one banana,multi

Pre training handful of raisions,500ml of milk,creatine

Lunch one cup of brown rice,two cups of brown rice,one cup of bean,one 1 185g can of tuna in brine

Afternoon tea two rice cakes,topped with one table spoon on peanut butter,two table spoons of tuna,one apple

Tea one cup of brown rice with two cups of beans,1 185g can of tuna 500 ml of milk

Before bed protein shake.

have also notice that myself that profits are looking a bit flat on my page on give a little and I hope profits pick up soon :pray:.Question for guys do you have any good ideas on how to the get the ball rolling again on my page since the profits are looking a bit flat just now?

I told you that like a week ago,

Advice to get ball rolling is post up videos, pictures and stop ignoring us...

[MOD EDIT: No offensive comments, please.]

I needa get excited for me to get my visa debit out my wallet, and u son are not exciting me one bit.

Stop being a lazy prick.

Back today

Chin up's 3x12 body weight

Bent over BB row 3x12 130kg,135kg,140kg

One arm DB row 3x12 56kg,58kg,60kg

Single arm Iso lateral row 3x12 75kg,80kg,85kg

Back extensions 3x12

Straight arm pull downs FST-7 7x12 150 pounds for the seven working sets

Had a good train today and when I starting my first set for single arm iso lateral I thought about using a even number instead which was 75kg instead of 72.5kg.I am not being lazy in the progress pics area and I have contacted Ronin yesterday being this time of year with people doing there Xmas shopping and other various Xmas things as well.I had this awesome idea which was I could wear a give little T shirt with my web page on it and when I am wearing it plus it would a good for me to market my page to the general public and one of my co workers at work is going to help fund me.I had major DOMS in my quads plus it was bit a struggle getting of the sofa at home almost needed a zimmer frame to help me up :shifty:

Eats for today are

Brekfast one cup of oats,one egg,two tsp of flax seed,one banana,one multi and protein shake

Pre training Handful of raisins ,500ml of milk, creatine

Post training Protein shake

Lunch one cup of brown rice with one cup of beans,two cups of mixed veggies,185g can of tuna in brine

Afternoon tea Two rice cakes topped with one table spoon of peanut butter,two table spoons of tuna one apple

Tea Thai lemon grass with chicken in it and veggies,pud Thai with beef,rice and 500 ml of milk.Made myself a new program starting Monday and I dropped my weights and in half I Declair war suggest and I took that on bord.I will be doing that for a month.I havent done any rest pause training before.I will have to read up on that on Google.

Before bed Protein shake

Hey GR

Can you drop the weights that you're using in half and really focus on the contraction please?

If you do that consistently for 1 month, I promise I will give you another donation... 100x as big as the last.

Sounds good?

^ look at this cheeky c*nt tryna tell ppl to drop numbers in half and do something properly.

Oh the irony.

Sounds good IDW starting Monday I will drop my weights in half and do that for a month also do high reps as well in the 20 to 30 rep range. and I will do that for a month.

Thanks bro. I'm sure it'll make a big difference in your development.

Don't get too carried away with the high reps. I'd suggest 10-15 nice and controlled ones, and then a couple more rest paused reps (using the same weight) to get to your target of 20-30 reps. Make sure you're still using decent form on those rest-paused reps.

Kudos bro! Good luck with your journey.

Shoulders and hamstrings

Iso hammer shoulder press 1x15 60kg,3x10-12 80kg,85kg,90kg

Db lateral raise 3x10-12 16kg's,18kg's,20kg's

DB front raise 3x10-12 24kg's,26kg's,28kg's

Reverse pec deck 3x10-12 80,90,100 in pounds

Single arm cable lateral raise FST-7 7x10-12 25 pounds for the seven working sets

Lying hamstring curls 3x10-12 66kg,73kg,80kg

Reverse hamstring extensions 3x10-12

Standing leg curls FST-7 7x10-12

Had a good train and didnt feel like going hevey for DB lateral raise has normaly would instend I used modreate and using good form as well.Last night I spent about a hour writing out my new program and halfing my weight in half which I will be doing on Monday.Question for you guys while I am on journey would be a good way to go by by cycleing my weights by having a month of using half my weights then a month of using my normal weights what I would normly use?

Eats for today are

Breakfast Protein shake,one cup of oats with one egg,two tsp of flaxseed with one cup of yoghurt,banana and multi

Pre training one apple,500ml of milk,creatine

Lunch one cup of brown rice,two cups of mixed veggies,one cup of beans,1 185g can of tuna in brine

Afternoon tea two rice cakes topped with one table spoon of peanut butter,one table spoon of tuna,one apple

Tea pasta with a nice veggie sauce and one diet Budaberg lemon lime and bitters

Before bed protein shake

hey Gymrat, just been reading some of your logs and wow did not know you were so strong :nod: I'm also willing to contribute what I can to your givealittle but like many other curious ones on here, gotta see some pics so we know you are starting to take things more seriously. Also I might sound like a bit of a hippy ph***ot here but I do admire that you will be taking on the stage as a natural BB too! Keep going hard, Merry Xmas to you good sir