NZBB's Strongest Lifter 2012

soundsgood

":2jo274g2]cheers sg, im not strong and for me the timing wasnt the best, but this comp is fun. would have got smoked by pretty much everyone if theyd actually entered.

protein makes paying $20 for casual at cityfitness worth it i guess lol. btw what happened to your deads?

hope theres another one of these at the end of this year

Don't be modest, great all around strength bro, good work.

I left it late and was attempting to beat Danomytes total so was dead lifting 251kg. Hernia started playing up after a couple of reps so I had to play it safe and dip out of this one :oops:

In case you guys missed it Ali G's Deadlifts scored her 159 wilks points which is outstanding considering it was for a very light person (wilks favours heavy people) and it was for 5 reps. This was by far the highest wilks score of any lift in the comp :clap:

Wilks totals

Bodybuilders

1. Ali G - 340.4

2. AZIDE - 324.1

Powerlifters

1. Danomyte - 378.7

2. HJP - 357.3

3. Red Machine - 344.3

4. Tomleegolf - 331.7

5. Abbey - 267.6

Congratulations to Ali G and Danomyte (again) for winning your classes.

You have both won a Freeview decoder for your efforts. Please advise me by PM whether you prefer a satellite or UHF decoder and an address to send it to and I'll get it out to you ASAP. If you need to discuss which option is best feel free to PM me.

I will create a poll shortly where everyone can vote for their favourite lift and the top 2 lifters with the most votes will also win a tub of protein. Previous winners in other classes will be excluded from this poll but they all did a great job. Well done :clap:

Good effort everyone - welldone SG (bummer about the hernia what do you think you would have pulled otherwise?) - if you run masters next time maybe I'll have a go :pfft: ... Dan 270kg :shock: you're amazing bro ... lots of closet powerbuilders in this thread!!!

Well done everybody some fantastic lifts being posted up :clap:

My favourites were:

AliG-Outstanding lifts

Dan-Dominating dudes with ease

RM-Squating machine

SG-Bench god

HJP-Dead legend

TLG-200 easy

And others for giving it a good crack that I haven't seen lift before Abbey,Azide. Training was too intense for MT to try but I wouldn't have got close to placing anyhow.

Congratulations to everyone who took part in this challenge and would be great to see more do it next time too!

Optimass.. dont wait for a 'masters' class.. i'm certain we masters can give the 'yet to be masters' lifters a run for their money!! i'm turning 50 this year and hoping to make some good improvements even at this old age 8)

if i dont then at least i'll have fun trying :nod:

• 3 years later...
35 minutes ago, soundsgood said:

We did 8s the year before.  That was pretty good fun and swung the bias back towards the bodybuilders 

how about sets of 10s?  Will see some epic grinds! 

Sure, but I'd put a time limit on the deads if you did that - 60-75max and dead stop each rep.

Kinda brutal if you failed after 9.

Probably not much wrong with just doing 8's again though.