NZBB's Strongest Lifter 2012

soundsgood

190kg for 5 .... fark! That goes to show time under bar = huge strength. Outstanding - 1RM would blitz most in either PL fed at the moment. :clap:

Hell yes, that is so impressive sg! Man you gotta do a pl comp at some stage you would dominate! Wait what Capo Waikato champs next year...... :lol:

Yeah some were a bit high. There should be 5 good reps in there though. If not pass, I'll just do 5 with 190 next week

Also, you gotta remember that from that camera angle, back and in a diagonal angle, it always looks high. It's honestly the worst camera angle to judge depth on. The high ones were probably parallel and the good ones were probably below. The shit thing is I couldn't do it from side on cos the squat racks in a corner and the other squat rack was being used.

NZs strongest Tom? :think:

Nice squatting bro, just kept going lol.

Here's my effort from tonight. I've gone alot heavier in the past and will do again before the comp ends but as I say you got to get something on the board to start!

240kg x 5 @ 111.5kg

Just to aware you Tomleegolf, Wilks is my friend. You'll have to go 200+ to beat me. Use that for motivation, I'm sure you'll hit it!

LOL wow Tomsammce where u at?

:

Lol. That's good squatting at any weight let alone 75kg or whatever u are tom. I'm maxing out at about 3 reps on 180kg at the moment so he has me beat in the squat Jordan. Running everyday will do that.

This is good stuff.

:

Lol. That's good squatting at any weight let alone 75kg or whatever u are tom. I'm maxing out at about 3 reps on 180kg at the moment so he has me beat in the squat Jordan. Running everyday will do that.

This is good stuff.

all good mate still more than me :) and i dont even run :oops:

mean lifts.. SG how the f**k does Wilks work? TLG is 74kg but has to squat 200+ to beat you? is there a set formula to Wilks? seems a bit weird lol :shrug:

Here is a chart listing the co-efficients for each weight.

http://www.powerlifting-ipf.com/fileadm ... ormula.pdf

An online calculator for Wilks, easier

http://www.marylandpowerlifting.com/wilks.asp

You multiply the weight lifted by the Wilks co-effiecient equivalent to your bodyweight to get your Wilks score. A lot of people say that Wilks is favourable for heavier guys.

SGs squat is 140 Wilks points and 2.15 times his bodyweight

Mine was 126.6 Wilks points and 2.35 times my bodyweight. I would have to do 2.6 times my bodyweight to have the same points as SG, while he only has to do just over 2.

I'm not complaining though. No formula is perfect and the Wilks formula is the closest to reality.

You're killing it SG! :nod: :clap:

I had a crack last nite while doing triceps. I thought I'd see on closegrip bench as I dont really bench for chest anymore. I'd done 140x8 the other week so I'd loaded 160 with Peachy on the video....only managed a triple before I got a spot on the fourth! FAIL!! :pfft: I was still happy enough though given I'm a thin 99 or so still.

Your squats looked strong too bro - I'd go close to that (I did 220x8, followed by 240x3 or 4 last week) tho my depth is probably a little suspect.

Be keen to see where your deads are at? Mine are average at best at the moment, maybe 240x5 I'm guessing? Big John should have this one rapped up?

Good to see others going hard too.

KUTHW guys n girls! :clap: