NZBB's Strongest Lifter 2012

soundsgood

Mirin the dedication to do all 3 lifts in one session. Extra reps for being the first one to post up your lifts! You are currently in the number one spot Azide :pfft:

I don't want to turn this into a critique session but I think you would get way bigger squat numbers if you sat back into them more instead if breaking at the knees first. Not faulting your depth I just see way more potential there! Deads were outstanding :clap:

solid start there Azide, kick my ass, with some tech work ud be crazy strong!!

here are my 1st cracks - bw:100.5kg

have a comp on weekend so just got one on the board with out over doing it, apart from bench....im actually that weak :?

squat - 205 - belt and wraps, cheating as much as poss (target is 225)

bench - 122.5 - not bouncing of chest but kind of looks like it, just when i kick in leg drive (target is 127.5)

deads 200 - however may take a DQ here as i did a long as stop and re-set on last rep, just habit/out of gas :lol: (target 220)

Woohoo that's awesome Pseudonym!

\:D/

I'm thinking maybe a tub of protein to the outright total winner of each category and maybe a couple of spot prizes for most gutsy effort as decided by the forum?

Great work Red Machine, Squat machine might be a more appropriate name lol. Absolutely nothing wrong with resetting on the Deadlifts. All lifts qualify.

I think the important thing to remember is all 3 lifts must be posted to qualify. So get them up even if they aren't your best efforts, you have 6 weeks to post a better one.

Woohoo that's awesome Pseudonym!

\:D/

I'm thinking maybe a tub of protein to the outright total winner of each category and maybe a couple of spot prizes for most gutsy effort as decided by the forum?

:nod: Yep, NZ Muscle are pretty damn awesome sponsors. Always generous and easy to deal with.

I like your distribution of the loot, SG. Sounds like a plan!

Why make it the same old boring bench dead and squat?

Make it something interesting.

Hey bro! Nice to see you back on here :P

The reason behind using 'the same old lifts' is because they are generally the measuring stick we are all used to when gauging strength. The lifts have been refined by powerlifting so there are few variables.

As Tom said, there are too many variables on the other lifts. If we used shoulder press is it barbell or DB? Standing or seated? Is an 80' angle on the seat fine or does it have to be 90'? Down to chin height or all the way to chest etc etc.

I'm sticking with the 3 lifts chosen. You're either in or your out. If you're out your comments bear little weight anyway :pfft:

As for filming Jimmybro, get in touch with me on FB or pm and you can come down for a session at Flex with me if you want. Filming is fine over here :)

Might have to take you up on that!

Maybe some pressure will help!

Why make it the same old boring bench dead and squat?

Make it something interesting.

Hey bro! Nice to see you back on here :P

The reason behind using 'the same old lifts' is because they are generally the measuring stick we are all used to when gauging strength. The lifts have been refined by powerlifting so there are few variables.

As Tom said, there are too many variables on the other lifts. If we used shoulder press is it barbell or DB? Standing or seated? Is an 80' angle on the seat fine or does it have to be 90'? Down to chin height or all the way to chest etc etc.

I'm sticking with the 3 lifts chosen. You're either in or your out. If you're out your comments bear little weight anyway :pfft:

As for filming Jimmybro, get in touch with me on FB or pm and you can come down for a session at Flex with me if you want. Filming is fine over here :)

Might have to take you up on that!

Maybe some pressure will help!

Same as people doing low bar squats or hgh bar, or sumo vs conventional deadlift. But correct I ain't in so no weight bearing here.