2007 Competition Prep: Evie

Evie

Saw you compete at two comps last year – way to go you looked great, very cool seeing your Bro with you as well.

thanks, i looked good at the north harbour but not the counties or any others, just went to see the right people.

but ill take this year off and compete at the nationals 2008, so u better all watch out! :nod:

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ANDREW:

I really don't know - honestly. Getting advise from BF Family friend - gym owner and very experienced BB himself, so I will ask his recomendations at the next weigh in and BF testing. At 11.8 % now but I am sure holding most of it in lower body, but I think he has a mm total fat measurement that he goes by - sort of a maximum measurement you can have and still be acceptable on stage.

I should really get some pics up so that people can see my body type - probably suited to Physique,

We shall see.

ANDREW:

At 11.8 % now but I am sure holding most of it in lower body, but I think he has a mm total fat measurement that he goes by - sort of a maximum measurement you can have and still be acceptable on stage.

So are both of 11.8% bodyfat at the moment? Shucks - thats a bit of a coincidence.

Bodyfat tests are just numbers really - remember its how you look on stage rather than what your current bf% is....they are also quite inaccurate...just dont get caught up in it thats all.

Bodyfat tests are just numbers really - remember its how you look on stage rather than what your current bf% is....they are also quite inaccurate...just dont get caught up in it thats all.

I’d agree with that 100% it’s what you look like in the mirror that counts

Fri (5) Legs: Ham

Leg Press 4 14

Squat 4 Fail

Deadlift 20 4 Fail

Lunges 4 14-16

Leg Curl 4 10

Glute Kick Back 4 Fail

Calf raise 4 20

Calf Leg press 4 Fail

Ok gotta admit that was a killer work out, really and truly felt a little ill walking/crawlilng between excersises. My Squats on the Smith Mach were very deep - I normally don't go to the full extent in terms of range of motion but this was great! Painful! By Friday afternoon I was really starting to feel it esp. in my glutes, by Saturday every step or clench was amplified!

Sat (6) Arms (wk1)

Each arm day will vary in terms of focus. This Saturday the focus was placed on Tris and Bis as secondary. It really worked, Sunday morning my Tris were tight. Not included in this post - but finished off with forearms - but got to the point I was so worked that gripping the bar was a challenge, completly 'KILLED' em!

Seated Overhead Tri Ext

EZ Bar Curl (standing)

Over head Cable Tri Ext

Incline db curl

Reverse Grip press down

EZ Bar preacher curl

Rope Press down

Rope Hammer curl

SUNDAY ... REST Day, didn't get up to much at all - I'm a sad case (I know & I don't care), some shopping, reading in the sun and house cleaning yippy!

Samoan Muscle: Nope I'm at 11.8% Body Fat and my BF is at 8.9% Body Fat. I see now that I mis-read Andrews question. My BF is looking at Tall Athletic for his first comp.

Poos: Must admit that I've been reluctant to answer your question, as he is only guiding us, making sure we are on the right track etc - would hate you to think he wrote the workouts or anything. But we've been getting help from Tony Martin, he's been a great help!

Yeah I know - he's eating everything in sight (when he remembers) most of it pretty clean. But he's been at that point for the last 2 months. He's got a physical job so cardio is not an issue right now! Unlike my computer / desk bound self, I get up and walk around as much as I can here in the office - no internal e-mails from me!

Although the Body Fat measurements are really just so we know that it's fat we're dropping not muscle - at the end of the day no-one watching the show will know or care what our Body Fat is, it's all about presentation. And anyway I really thought I'd look leaner at this percent than I do where I am now, just goes to prove we're all diferent and will only know for sure on the day!

Boring post today - very busy at work! Diets been clean, not at all feeling tired or too hungry, am sleeping really well too, my mood has been steady and good, generally feeling happy and my scale (I know I know it's only numbers don't hop on it every day... blah blah...) weight is consistantly dropping 100-200 grams every few days - diffinatly not moving upwards!

I gotta say thanks for the questions and feed back it means alot that you'd even spend the time reading my training. I will post todays LEG work out tomorrow - it was a killer tears in the corners of my eyes at the end of a few sets of Leg press, and drop sets of Quad Extention ha ha what a joke right at the end of training something like 10 reps, 6reps, 4 reps, 4 reps - gotta love it!

Mon (1) Back

Wide Grip Chins 4 8

Close Grip Chins 4 Fail

T-Bar 4 8-10

Reverse BB Row 4 Fail

One Arm Row 4 10-12

Cable Row 4 16

Hyper Extention 4 10-12

Cardio Cardio 10 mins Jog run sprint on T/Mill

DIET

Meal 1 Oats & Protein Shake

Meal 2 185gm Can of Tuna

Meal 3 1/2 can lite Tuna & Chilli

3 x Rice cakes & 1/2 tin asparagus

Meal 4 1/2 can lite Tuna & Chilli

1/2 tin asparagus

Meal 5 + PLV Whey Cooler 80 cal

Meal 6 BBQ Steak (YUMMY)

Green Veg: Beans & Broc

24 January 2007

Well there are no princesses here today! I got my training partner back for the first time this year, which made drop sets so much better, no running around the machine, no people steeling the weights… Yahoo!

Yesterdays leg work out was great again, I really feel and see the muscles I’m targeting working each and every rep. As for walking after the work out… not a smooth stroll out the gym door, more of a tentative limp. Diet is good, although I did indulge in a rather large and tasty piece of Salmon but seriously, it was great. Tonight might have to be snapper or another lite fish and heavy on the greens and no starchy carbs I think.

As for my work outs: Legs followed by Chest below

Tues (2) Legs: Q

Leg Press Vastus (push from toes) 4 12

Squat Vastus (on raise machine) 4 Fail

Leg Press 4 12

Squat 4 Fail

Leg Press Close 4 12

Squat Close 4 Fail

Calf Leg press 4 20

Calf raises 4 fail

Seated Quad Extention 4 Fail

FOOD!!!!

Meal 1 Oats & Shake

Meal 2 Fish / Egg white / Cottage Cheese bake

Meal 3 Fish / Egg white / Cottage Cheese bake

3 Brown grain rice cakes

Meal 4 250 gm cotttage Cheese

3 Brown grain rice cakes

Meal 5 + PLV Whey Cooler 80 cal

1/2 Protein Bar

Meal 6 Large Salmon fillet

Beans/Broc & kumura

Wed (3) Chest

Fly 4 10-12

Bench Press 4 DSF

Incline Bench Press 4 10-12

Over head db 4 10-12

Incline dbell press 4 10-12

Press Ups 4 fail

Decline Bench press 1 Drop set

(Smith Machine + 30kg-12reps /20kg-10reps /10kg-10reps)

WORKOUTS & MEALS GOING WELL - HAPPY WITH PROGRESS.

Like I said the other day, it's great having my training partner back, we really worked those shoulders good and proper!

Legs (Ham) to was great, there were 3 of us doing the work out together and we really motored through it and pushed hard, was dripping with sweat (it's so warm in the gym to begin with anyhow).

My job is keeping me away from the office next week, am staying in a hotel and will go to another gym. No problem with training or anything as BF will be with me and we'll train together. As for logging my work outs in this journal, I will be unable to do so as I'm not going to have much Computer access - bummer!

On a side note though, I'm getting pretty tired in the afternoons and don't really deal with stupidity in the work place very well - oh I do wonder what is to become of my attitude when the dieting gets very structured. he he... well I must remember that I've chosen to do this so I can choose not to have a rubbish attitude!

Thur (4) Shoulders

Military Press (last set drop set) 4 12

Up right row Bar 4 Fail

Cable Raises 9 lb 4 10

Dumbell Shrugs 20kgDB 4 fail

Rear Delts 9 lb 4 12/10/10/10

Shrugs (BB) 40kg 4 Fail

Clean & Jurk Bar 4 12

Arnold Press 5kg 4 Fail

Fri (5) Legs: H

Leg Press 4 14

Squat 4 Fail

Deadlift 20 4 Fail

Lunges 4 14-16

Leg Curl 4 10

Glute Kick Back 4 Fail

Calf raise 4 20

Calf Leg press 4 Fail

On a side note though, I'm getting pretty tired in the afternoons and don't really deal with stupidity in the work place very well - oh I do wonder what is to become of my attitude when the dieting gets very structured. he he... well I must remember that I've chosen to do this so I can choose not to have a rubbish attitude!

lol2.gif

Nice workouts there Evie :grin:

Tired but positive and on track....

I'm back from my Expo - I had to stay in the City most of the week in a hotel and with the long Auckland weekend it was a challenge to fit work outs in but it was done!

Saturday - Arms loved it - Bi focus

Sunday - Day off

Monday - Back Day - Anniversary weekend mucked me round a bit - my gym didn't open till 9am, the Hotel gym is lame, the Gym across the road wasn't even open - so I went to LMills Auck - they opened at 7am and I had to be at work by 8.30am so time was tight but I fit it in - some great heavy last sets I must say!

Tuesday - Legs (Quads) - Drove to my own gym for 5.30am opening

Wednesday - Chest - Own gym 5.30 - had training partner - really good drop sets!

Thursday - Shoulders - Own gym - training partner again helped with drop sets and lots of heavy weights! Sore today (Friday) Started work at midday so hit Treadmill and Bike 80 mins total cardio - was really in the mind zone for cardio - body paying for it in the afternoon, very tired.

Friday - Legs (Ham) - back home and into normality again with training and rountine.

Diet

It can be hard being away, what with resturant buffet breakfasts on offer, resturant food all the time, missed meals etc the list goes on. But my hotel always up-grades me and i have a kitchen so I can cook and eat in my room which is great, took bullet blender also so shakes were easy. I did eat out a few times - BF and I found a great japanese place and I had sashimi for lunch (yummy protein) and a steak house... very yummy!

This is in fact the first time I've lost weight (continuing with consistant results from weeks following) after being away from home for work! Clothing is feeling loose and at times at certain angles or lighting conditions I'm seeing progress in the mirror! Can't wait to see results in BF tests etc - just gotta be sure I'm losing fat.

• 2 weeks later...

Tis time to cut …

This is the ‘Final count down’ … insert music here

Okay. Have plan in place, and taking this thing head on in 2 week increments.

Training = 1 more week of the 6 day split as follows

Monday: Chest

Tuesday: Legs, Quads & Calf

Wednesday: Back

Thursday: Shoulders

Friday: Legs, Hams & Calf

Saturday: Arms

SUNDAY:REST

Then I will be doing 3 day split (variation of exercises each day)

Monday: Chest/Back

Tuesday: Legs

Wednesday: Shoulders / Arms

Thursday: Legs

Friday: Chest/Back

Saturday: Shoulders / Arms

Abs at the end of work outs

SUNDAY:REST

Aha now before I get the ‘what about resting body parts / recovery, growth etc’

The exercises will differ and the order will change so each day will be different.

My rep range has now changed from 8-12 to 12-18.

Cardio oh beautiful cardio, this week will be 2 sessions directly after work outs and 3 either at lunch time or after work. Total only 5 this week.

Diet = 6 meals (2 – 3 hours)

Pre wk out: 2 x Fat Burner & ½ Energy drink

Post wk out - M1: Oats with water & Shake with water (Bleee – but I’ll get used to it again)

AM Tea - M2: 3 Egg Whites & 1 x Small Kumara + Multi Vitamin & Flax seed oil

Lunch – M3: 1 tin tuna (185gm) & ½ cup brown rice & 1 cup Green veg + 2 x Fat Burner

PM tea – M4: Shake with water & Kiwi Fruit OR Carbless bar (if needs be)

Dinner – M5: 1 Chicken Breast & 1 cup green veg

Bed time – M6: Shake with ice & water

Extras = Black coffee if needed, 2 cups green tea & 2-3Lt water. I’m really trying to minimise my consumption of Coke & Sprit Zero (but I’m telling ya right now, if I have to I’m hitting the soda).

MONDAY 12 FEB

Chest

Fly: 4 sets, 16 reps

Bench Press:

1 set, 16 reps

Dropset: 12res/12reps

Dropset:8/14/12

Dropset:8/10/12

Incline DB Press: 4sets 16 reps

Bar dips: - leaning forward to focus chest - 4 sets 6 reps

Incline Bench press: 4 10-12

Over head db: 4set = 1.16r 2.16r 3.14r 4.18r

Hanging leg raise: 4set 12rep

Cable rope crunch: 4 sets 12rep

Diet = 6 meals (2 – 3 hours)

Post wk out - M1: Oats with water & Shake with water (Bleee – but I’ll get used to it again)

AM Tea - M2: 3 Egg Whites & 1 x Small Kumara + Multi Vitamin & Flax seed oil

Lunch – M3: 1 tin tuna (185gm) & ½ cup brown rice & 1 cup Green veg + 2 x Fat Burner

PM tea – M4: Shake with water & Kiwi Fruit OR Carbless bar (if needs be)

Dinner – M5: 1 Chicken Breast & 1 cup green veg

Mood: Excited by the challenge, I really want to hit this exactly to plan. Now after having a chat with trainer we are focusing on Novice Tall Figure. Building up cardio and re-evaluating progress every 2 weeks. Spent this past weekend Detoxing and had healthy but large meals - from now on portion control and eating to plan is my friend!

13 weeks to go - 91 Days

good to see u back..i wondered wher u had got to nd how things were goin?

how long exactly to your comp?

and who gave you your cutting diet?

:D good luck!!!

oh and wats the reason 4 changing your split?

Thanks - I've been great - work has had me away from office and traveling around a little so I've not posted here, but am still tracking in my paper journal, and really it was pretty much same old same old, some good lifts but by no means personal bests (that will come again after comp)!

There are 13 weeks till comp time ahhh sounds like not many weeks now! But I'm taking it 2 weeks at a time - easy! ? :shock: ?

Diet from trainer who used to work at my gym, has done a few friends of friends (girls & guys) with great results, Friend of BF's training partner - Nikki. We are still working with Tony also for overall guidence and mentor.

Changing split for variation, and should (believe it or not be easier to fit in cardio) and I can change around excersises (within reason) and do heavy and light/high rep days too. They are my reasons and I'm sticking with them... he he he :lol:

Well sometimes you just have to be adaptable now don't ya? It's only day 2 in the count down after all, can't get all tetchy just cause we can't use the Leg Press machine we want – but stuffed if I’m gunna use the other one at my gym – last time I put my back out and was out of training for 1 ½ weeks!

So we changed today’s leg day from Quad focus to Hams – which is great cause I was in the mood for a killer session and that’s what I got – and the added bonus Hams are done for the week yay!

Legs: Ham

Squats Deep: 4 sets: 12/14/16/16

Box Step up’s (weighted): 4 Sets 18/18/20/20

Deadlift: 4 sets:12reps

Leg Curl: 4 sets: 18/12/10/8 (increased weights)

Glute Kick Back 4 sets: 16/14/12/12

Walking Lunges with DB: 4 sets: 14/14/14/10

Calf raise 4sets: 12reps

Calf Leg press 4sets Fail (12-16)

Ab’s x 8 sets 12 reps

Post wk out - M1: Oats with water & Shake with water

AM Tea - M2: 3 Egg Whites & 1 x Small Kumara + Multi Vitamin

Lunch – M3: 1 tin tuna (185gm) & ½ cup brown rice & 1 large cup Green veg + 2 x Fat Burner

PM tea – M4: Shake with water & Kiwi Fruit

Dinner – M5: 1 Chicken Breast & Salad Greens

Break down approx:

P:170 (56%)

C:125 (30%)

F:19 (14%)

3.5 lts water

HAPPY V'dAY

GREAT BACK DAY WITH MY TRAINING PARTNER TODAY

Training

4 Sets of everything

Chins

Lat Pull Downs

Seated Row

T Bar Row

Reverse Grip Bent over Row

Single DB Rows

Hyper extension

12 Sets Ab's (Mixture of ex)

CARDIO

30 Bike

20 T/Mill

Ok well that's it for me, diet as per normal + 1 Extra Shake. Had to be done!

I'm off home for Valentines Day dinner ... nice romantic ... Chicken Breast & Green Veg ... Then shake later on ... wow the life of a Body Builder.