IHERB USA devious and suspect marketing

Gasp

These guys take the award for arsehole of the week!

Read both emails.

They send out the following email about giving you a $20 credit.

After you think this deal is o.k and place an order with it deducted from your invoice total they tell you it was a mistake and have deducted the extra $20 off your credit card without giving you the option of cancelling the order which you wouldnt have otherwise placed. :naughty:

I suspect no more supplements from these clowns.

Dear Value iHerb Customer,

We miss you and want you back!

To show you just how much we value your business, we have placed a $20 credit directly in your iHerb account!

There is no obligation on your part. Simply shop as usual and when checking out using your iHerb login email ........., you will see the credit directly applied to your order's subtotal:

https://www.iherb.com

The $20 credit must be used by Tuesday, November 27, so be sure to visit us soon.

With 35,000 healthy products to choose from and even faster, less expensive shipping options than ever before, we believe that iHerb offers the best value for natural products anywhere. We hope you will agree!

Browse our current daily and weekly specials here:

http://www.iherb.com/Specials

Warmest regards,

The iHerb Team

THEN I GET THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dear Valued iHerb Customer,

Have you ever had one of those days when it seems like your computer is playing tricks on you?

Well, we did today, and as a result of an internal communication problem, you may have received an email in error with the subject line, "complimentary $20 credit."

Don't worry, your computer is not at risk, but please disregard that email.

You can browse our current daily and weekly specials here:

http://www.iherb.com/Specials.

If you have questions, please email or chat with customer service at:

http://www.iherb.com/info/Contact

Best wishes,

Your iHerb Team

Ha, I ran into the same thing Gasp, but I was suspect at the checkout when I didn't see the $20 taken off the total before I had to enter my credit card details. So I abandoned the order and decided to check back in a day... lucky I did because I also got that follow-up email not long after :nod:

Definitely would've expected them to honour it, or at the very least offer a refund though :?

Offtopic - Gasp, coming to either of the comps this weekend?

Ha, I ran into the same thing Gasp, but I was suspect at the checkout when I didn't see the $20 taken off the total before I had to enter my credit card details. So I abandoned the order and decided to check back in a day... lucky I did because I also got that follow-up email not long after :nod:

Definitely would've expected them to honour it, or at the very least offer a refund though :?

Offtopic - Gasp, coming to either of the comps this weekend?

I'll be there. Banged into PT Jr today. Sounds like a great event.

Yeah at the very least I would have expected them to give the option of cancelling the order, but they whizzed the ammended one through then sent me the email.

I've spent sqwillions with them up till now so it pisses me off.

Its been a bad week. Firstly the theft of my Avatar :pfft: ...and now this!!!

buzzy, suprised they didnt just honour the "mistake" most other companies would for 20$ vs potentially losing a customer

Exactly!!. What I did was order a 1.3kg of BSN Syntha-6 (great stuff!!)

It was $42.31 and freight was free and the invoice clearly showed the discount.

Items: $42.31

Discounts: ($2.12)

Shipping: $0.00

Total Before Tax: $40.19

Tax: $0.00

Order Total: $40.19

Reward: ($20.00)

Grand Total: $20.19

Leaves a bad taste when they just go and ammend it at will and nab the extra $20 off AmEx.

Imagine seeing a $1000 telly at Noel Leeming and they offer it to you for $700 so you dont go to Harvey Norman and after you buy it they take another $300 off your credit card because the salesman shouldnt have dropped the price!!!....hymmmm. :evil: :evil: