Rapz - Getting it in!

rapz

so just finished an epic chest & tricep session had to come home and post whilst sipping some proteins :grin:

slammed out a couple of PBs again tonight

BB incline press

60x12

100x12

140x10

150x8 ( 2 reps spotted)

160x6 ( 2 reps spotted) drop set 100x10 PB \:D/

super stoked about the incline bench, was a tough grind but have not done this in a couple of week and strength has gone up by at 20kgs. would be awesome to get 4 plates!

DB incline press

50x18

50x12

50x10

went for as many reps i could basically with minimal break, these are the heaviest DBs so to up the intensity i did what i had to. chest was pumped to the max and full of blood/ lactic acid, burn baby burn :twisted:

Seated machine press

cant remember the specific weight but did 3 working sets of the full stack x 10 reps which is a PB \:D/ the last time i done this a few weeks ago i could only do between 4-6 reps of the stack, feeling super strong at this point, wanted to add more weight but the way the machine was i couldnt get the dam plate to stay on.

Db flat flyes

30x12

40x10

40x10

have not done a lot of these in the past as my primary focus has been to bring up my upper pec region but gave these a whirl and im pretty sure its a PB \:D/ , chest was cooked after this moved onto triceps.

Rope cable pushdowns

worked upto 3/4 of the stack for 3 working sets of 10 reps, nothing to exciting.

overhead cable extensions

worked upto the full stack for 2 working sets between 8-10 reps cant quite remember.

Dips

BWx12

BW+20kg platex10

BW+40kg platex6

workout complete

felt good today, pleased with bench progress and overall strength gains. brought some craze preworkout and took 2 scoops, i hope i get to sleep tonight :lol: time to cook my dinner 350g steak hash browns and veg, yeahh boy!!

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice journal an good weights, sorry I missed it but are you a natty or on?

Am on lots of protein bro and a bit of celltech here only when i wanna get hooge :grin:

Legs shot, as i said look like fecking water baloons at the moment, training them twice a week at the moment, plz grow! Apologies not the best photo

inb4 tidy your room messy keint

You use the Hardcore series, Fruit Punch my favorite flavor.

Shit son your not Phil Heath, simple yes or no question.

Hope if you are using you are more mature with the use than the schoolboy answer

All good mate like I said some good weight and couldn't remember if I read you were or not, none of my business at all and get you don't wanna say.

Just a " rather not say" answers it.

Suppose the board is lucky having someone like Android who is so open

I was just having a low carb bitch moment anyway so don't mind me keep training hard good journal

All good mate like I said some good weight and couldn't remember if I read you were or not, none of my business at all and get you don't wanna say.

Just a " rather not say" answers it.

Suppose the board is lucky having someone like Android who is so open

I was just having a low carb bitch moment anyway so don't mind me keep training hard good journal

lol all good man i know that feel.

cheers bro!

blitzed my fat balloon legs yesterday :lol:

leg extensions

just did around 4 warmup sets to warm up knees and pre exhaust the quads, worked up to 3/4 of the stack and that felt fairly easy, still got a pump on though.

BB squats

60x15

100x12

140x12

180x10 ( 2 reps spotted)

200x8 PB \:D/ (3 reps spotted) drop set---> 140x6 drop ----> 100x10 drop ---->60x15 :shock: :pale:

worked up to the heavier sets, was pleased to get 10 of 180kg, didn't feel too bad, and then to go onto 200kgx8 i was stoked with! ( although i was slightly touched on 3 reps it was still a tough grind, and then the drops after that absolutely killed me, made me realise how how unfit (cardiovascular wise) i'am, legs were on fire at this point.

Leg press

240x12

320x12

400x12

480x12

520x10

560x8 PB \:D/ (spotted for 2)

worked up to the heavier sets once again, used knee wraps from 480kg upwards, had the music up so loud didn't realise my grunts were being heard, got stared at and given evils by several people hahaha :pfft:

DB walking lunges

22.5x12x3

only did 3 sets of these bad boys and my legs were screaming, kept really strict breaks on these because the weight was a bit lighter and made sure i went nice and deep and contracted the ham/glute on the way up.

Leg extensions

went back to leg extensions did a couple of warm up sets of 3/4 of the stack then moved on to 1 working set which went like this....

full stack (heaviest weight) x as many reps as possible

rest pause for about 5 seconds....

full stack (heaviest weight) x till failure

rest pause....

drop set to 65% of heaviest weight x as many reps as possible

rest pause...

20 partials with same weight

then straight into 3 negatives...

After watching a video of Antoine Valliant he did something similar in his HIIT training to this so decided i would give it a whirl, wow is all i can say it was a fucken tough grind but it was something different other than the same old 3-4 working sets.

had planned to do smith machine squats but my legs were wrecked at this point so i called it a day, went home ate a monstrous amount of food then straight to bed and curled up like a baby.

i swear i need a wheelchair today :oops: , had planned to train delts but im training with a friend tonight and she wants to do back&biceps, so i thought i would hit back for the 2nd time this week.

so the last couple of days i got in a back and biceps workout on friday, and hit shoulders and traps & calves yesterday.

nothing special to report on the back day, except went to les mills which had 70kg Dbs so did these for 1 arm rows and repped out 10-12 so thats a new PB i guess \:D/

did pull ups for a change and felt weak in these, have not done a hell of a lot since the start of the bulk so pulling up 130kg aint easy lolol :lol:

shoulders and traps yesterday..

DB shoulder press

20x12

30x12

40x12

50x12 PB \:D/

50x12

50x10

jeez was happy with the effort on this today, didnt need a spot at all for the 50s as well felt bloody strong, i wished i started on the smith presses as i wanted to go heavier but was unable to as the DBs only go to 50s.

Smith machine press

60x15

100x12

140x6 (1 forced rep)

140x6 (1 forced rep) drop set 100x5 drop 60x10

was hoping to get out more reps on the smith today, but delts were a bit exhausted from the DBs, i changed my grip slightly a bit wider as it felt more comfortable on my shoulder, have included a video of my 5 reps i did by myself then i was assisted for the 6th, i only go down to my chin as this feels comfortable on my shoulder.

DB side laterals

15x12

22.5x12

25x12

30x10 PB \:D/

stoked go to 30s with the side paterals, was a tough grind and delts felt fucken burnt after this.

EZ bar front raises

30x12

40x12

50x12

DB rear delt raise

15x12

20x12

20x12

20x12

Cable rear delt crossover

cant remember the weight nothing seriously heavy i think just over 1/4 stack and really focused on squeezing the rear head.

Shrugs

100x15

140x12

180x12

220x10

260x10

300x8

just the usual routine with shrugs with a bit more volume, as i got heavier the grunts got louder :pfft:

finished off with about 12 sets of calves both seated and standing raises varying the rep ranges between 20 and 10.

below is a video of my smith machine press, just got the 5 reps then my spotter had to assist :grin:

That LM in Auckland? If so... the heaviest DB is 67kg.

Good pressing. I wouldn't count the Smith Machine presses as 140kg. Most smith machines have counterbalanced bars... so they weigh nothing. :)

Na CHCH bro, yea your right smith machine loads dont reflect an accurate weight, still felt heavy lastnight :lol:

smashed a chest and abs session yesterday this is how it went...

BB incline BB press

60x20

100x12

140x10

160x7 (2 spotted)

170x5 PB \:D/ (2 spotted) drop set 100x9 drop 60x10

DB flat flyes

30x12

35x12

40x10

45x10 PB \:D/

DB incline flyes

32.5x12

40x10

40x10 PB \:D/

Machine press

full stack (130??)x8x3

cable flyes

1/2 stackx12x3

Finished up with 15min of abs a mix of rope cable crunches and reverse crunches.

decided to mix it up a bit more with the isolations last night, good strength on the incline and the flyes, shit i reckon i could flye the 50s in a few weeks if my strength keeps increasing, felt a bit of a pinch in my shoulder when doing incline BB, nothing too serious just a bit of an annoying pain, will have to keep an eye on it :nod:

Today i hit hamstrings and calves...

single leg standing hamstring curl

forgot the weight to be honest just worked up to the full stack for 12 reps which is a PB \:D/ good solid contrations and stretches, wanted to pre exhaust before squats.

BB squats

60x15

100x12

140x10

180x10 (2 spotted)

didnt go crazy heavy, just wanted to get some good reps, il leave the real heavy work for quads day, had a bit more of a wider stance than usual, i could really feel it in my ham/glute region.

SLDs

60x12

100x12

120x10

100x10

decided to drop the weight back down to 100kg the last set, erectors were feeling hell pumped and felt like i was compromising the hamstring/glute stretch and contraction.

seated hamcurl

cant remember the weight again, did about 5 sets working up to the full stack for 10 reps.

hammer-strength lying hamcurl

nothing majorly heavy just loaded the 2 sides up with a 20kg plate each side and repped out for 3 sets of 10-12-failure.

standing calf raise

100x20

140x20

180x12

220x12

270x8

seated calf raise

90x20

90x20

90x15

90x12

done and dusted calfs feel like they have been raped :lol:

bit slack with the updates lately, but still going hard with training :nod:

hit back yesterday...

managed to get 240kg for 3 reps on deads which is a PB that was after 3 sets. comfortably pulling the whole stack for lat pulldowns now for 10-12 reps. did T bar rows, worked upto 7 plates for 8 reps x 2 sets. strength is slowly going up, adding in a bit more volume as i go along, mood/motivation is not as high as usual this week its been a bit odd hopefully i get over this feeling soon.

hit shoulders/traps today

DB shoulder press

20x20

30x12

40x10

50x14

50x12

first working set with the 50s i smashed out 14 reps, fucking killed me but felt good at the same time, happy as with this.

Smith machine press

1PPSx12

2PPSx11

3PPSx8 (2 assisted)

3PPSx8 (2 assisted)

reps are slowly going up with 3 plates, i should have started with this exercise, but the smith was busy.

DB side raises

20x12

25x12

25x12

25x10

Cable front raises

1/2 stackx12x3

Cable rear delt flyes

1/4 stackx12x3

DB rear delt raises

15x12

20x12

20x11

20x10

really just focusing on the squeeze and contraction with the isolations exercises tonight, delts were screaming and i could barely lift my arms above my head.

BB shrugs

100x20

150x15

200x12

240x12

280x10

was going for reps tonight, last couple of sets were not the best form, just doing my best to squeeze the f*ck out of my traps. video is below of my last set, actually after watching the video they almost look like partial reps from behind :lol:

done!! home to chow down on some food :grin:

far out what a strong fella. good work! :nod:

thanks bro, i saw your traps as well, you done anything new to target them, theyre looking mean

cheers! yea bro, just started doing shrugs again on the hammer strength machine. can really feel them getting stronger week-by-week.

awesome! i wish our gym had one of those im stuck with the barbell for now.

Hit legs today (quad focus), 3rd day in the gym today, feeling really good considering i was feeling pretty crappy the last few days.

Leg extenisions (single leg)

1/4 stack x 20

1/2 stack x 15

3/4 stack x 12

3/4 stack x 12

once again started off with these to pre exhaust quads and warm up the knees, cant remember the weight, didnt go crazy heavy just chasing the pump really.

BB squats

60x15

100x12

140x12

180x11

220x6 (2 assisted) PB \:D/

stoked to get 220kg for reps tonight, got assisted a wee bit the last couple of reps but loved it, grinding them out. :twisted:

Smith machine front squats

1ppsx12

2ppsx12

3ppsx10

have not done a lot of these in the past but its a movement i want to incorporate in the future, used the smith tonight to get a good feel and squeeze the quads, when i get more confident with this movement will move to the BB.

Leg press (angled)

230x20

290x20

330x20

400x20

480x12

changed it up a bit tonight and went for reps, it was a different burn then the usual 6-10 reps, had my feet a bit lower on the platform and narrow to hit the outer sweep a bit more.

DB Walking Lunges

25x12x3

out of all the movements tonight, this one took the cake :lol: felt like i was in hell after finishing the set, felt it in every part of my quad/ham/glute :oops:

Leg extensions (single leg)

3/4 stack x 15

3/4 stack x 15

full stack x 12

went back to these and finished off, legs were shaking and felt blitzed, and now ive got that deep ache, not looking forward to 2mrw.

went to do some calves but felt exhausted, will leave these until tuesday, rest day 2mrw, then chest on Tuesday will do calves then.

gonna try get out a 200kg flat BB press on tuesday for reps, if i can do this, all of my lifts in the big 3 will be over 200kg and for reps, il be stoked if i can get this :grin:

Bro you should film your squats looks monstrous :shock:

next time round i will bro, have been meaning to do it the last couple of weeks cos i wanna check form/depth etc.

forgot to mention im using belt and wraps when i get to 180kg+ :D

actually hit teh chest and triceps on monday, couldnt help myself 4th day in a row....

chest

BB flat bench

60x20

100x20

140x12

180x8 (2 reps assisted)

200x2 ( 1 rep assisted) PB \:D/

made sure i was nice and warm and stretched before doing anything major heavy, got my 200kg bench, very pleased with this :grin:

BB incline bench

60x12

100x12

140x10

160x6 (2 reps spotted)

Db flat flyes

35x12

40x12

45x12

50x10 PB \:D/

loved doing this tonight, got upto the 50s for 10 reps, nice and controlled movements, love the pump from this.

Cable flyes

1/4 stack x 15

1/2 stack x 12

1/2 stack x 12

1/2 stack x 12

more or less chasing the pump here, chest felt cooked from the other heavy movements just did this to finish off.

triceps

rope pushdowns

1/2 stack x 12

3/4 stack x 12

Stack x 10

Stack x 10

cant remember the weight, just went by feel, wasnt quite the full stack was about 2 plates off, probably still a PB for this though.

Straight bar press downs

Stack x 12

Stack+ 20kg x 12

Stack+ 40kg x 12

Stack+ 40kg x 10

BB Closegrip bench

60x15

100x12

140x6 ( 1 assisted) PB \:D/

Finished off triceps there, ive got a separate arm day so il just wait until then until i fully blitz them.

had a rest yesterday, got a back session due tonight, gonna get me some heavy deads :dancing:

weighed in 132.1kg this morning so up 700gms since last week, not a huge gain but its something nonetheless. i would say sitting at 18% bf at the moment, dont really wanna get too much higher than this, actually if i could i would start leaning out not but ive got about 6-8 weeks left on this bulk so il stick it out :shifty:

back session last night..

Widegrip lat pulldowns

100x12 (3/4 stack)

130x11 (2 forced reps) (full stack)

140x6 (1 rep assisted) (full stack+10kg plate) bit too heavy :lol: PB \:D/

130x10 (2 forced reps)

Deadlifts

60x10

100x10

140x10

180x10

220x8

240x3

did lots of deads tonight, fucken took my breath away :pfft: no lies i was really feeling it after i finished these and it felt like it affected my other lifts, all good though hapy to get 220 for 8 reps, would have liked more on 240kg but oh well.

Closegrip pulldowns

100x12

105x10

105x10

BB bentover rows

60x12

100x12

140x8

140x8

back was still felling it from deads, usually 140 dont feel too bad, but felt heavy as fuarrk lastnight.

Seated Rows

1/2 stack x 12

3/4 stack x 12 ( 3 assisted reps)

3/4 stack x 12 ( 3 assisted reps)

full stack x 8 ( 1 assisted rep)

ended the workout after this, was feeling a bit crappy (fatigued), spent about 90mins in the gym. need more cardio vascular work i think :nod:

Damn 132 is big man and some heavy weights been lifted nice work.

Are you doing any cardio at all?

Just a thought, that's a lot of weight to carry around and especially for the heart to pump away normally.

I know a lot of guys focus is just on getting a big as possible which is cool but don't lose sight of your general health at the same time mate.

Nice work makes good reading

Damn 132 is big man and some heavy weights been lifted nice work.

to be honest i would like to be shifting more weight, although im not totally focused on strength, more on hypertrophy i think for my bodyweight the actual loads being pushed are just above average imo.

Are you doing any cardio at all?

once or twice a week bro, just LISS for about 35min either crosstrainer, treadmill or bike.

I know a lot of guys focus is just on getting a big as possible which is cool but don't lose sight of your general health at the same time mate.

yea i realise that, over time have started to feel more shit, and im thinking my body is trying to cope in putting all this weight on.

was suppose to do legs yesterday (hammie focus) but lower back had mean DOMS from the deads so i did my arms instead.

Triceps...

Rope pushdowns

1/4 stack x15

1/2 stack x15

full stack x11

full stack x10

Straight bar pushdowns

3/4 stack x 15

full stack x 12

full stack + 20kg plate x 12

full stack + 45kg DB x 10

Dips

BW x 20

BW + 20kg x 12

BW + 30kg x 10

BW + 40kg x 8

Skull crushers

40x12

50x12

60x10 ( 1 rep spotted)

1 arm cable pushdown

just did about 3 sets on each arm with about 1/4 stack x 10-12 reps.

TRICEPS = SMASHED :twisted:

Biceps

EZ bar standing curl

30x15

50x12

60x10

70x8

DB Hammer Curls

27.5x 12

35 x 12

40 x 10

45 x 9 PB i think? \:D/

incline straight bar curls

25 x 15

32.5 x 15 x 3

just casing the pump on this movement, filled the biceps with blood got a mean pump!

DB preacher curl

25 x 10 x 2

finished off with 2 sets of these, biceps felt fucked after this they were blown up like water balloons lolol :lol:

went home and had about 300-400 grams of pork for tea with a cup of rice, felt tired as and had an early night, slept like a baby, drinking so much water pissing in the night is a kick in the c*nt :doh: