BCAA Powder

Ash

I recently brought in a kg of Branched Chain Amino Acid powder from Trueprotein.com in the USA.

I’ve been using it for about 2 weeks and my initial reactions have been very positive. My recovery between workouts seems to be far better than it normally is. I’ve noticed less DOMS and far less overall fatigue despite a fairly hectic training schedule that now includes BJJ and additional cardio.

I’ve been taking 5g in water with some dextrose and creatine immediately PWO, about 20 minutes before my main shake. On weight training and BJJ days I also have 5g in water just before bed. If I'm planning a long AM cardio session, I'll knock back 5g with a scoop a whey in water before I hit the gym but that's usually only once a week.

Compared to L-Glutamine (which never did much for me in terms of recovery), this stuff is actually well worth the money. It also seems to be more effective than complete Amino Acid tablets or caps. The powder doesn’t taste like much – it’s not great but it’s not awful either.

It took just over a week to arrive and cost $95 delivered. At my current rate of consumption, it should last 3-4 months.

All in all a great buy.

I have also been supplementing with BCAA powder.

I take 6g after my workout & 6g half an hour before cardio.

I have noticed some good strength & size gains since I've been taking it (about 2 months) probably due to the fact that my recovery is better as Ash mentions, but I also changed my routine when I started taking it so can't attribute everything to the powder.

I use Scivation Xtend BCAA powder grape flavour - tastes alright I s'pose.

I will definitely be getting more when I run out.