Captains of Crush - Closing #3 - Akl NZ

Moose

Very interesting post Moose. Something that we don't normally think about perhaps unless your a SM. Bit reluctant to spend $50 - $100 to realise how weak my grip strength is though :pfft:

Just a word on Handshakes. I hate it when someone goes to shake your hand & closes it around your fingers. I can never figure it out if this is a ploy to make them feel that they can crush you & make you feel insecure or if its just poor etiquette...you can go away feeling a bit compromised though :D I always respect someone that gives both the time to lock up onto the thumbs before they squeeze. If challenged you can apply reasonable strength & there can be a degree of understanding between each party. They say if you add a touch to the same arm using your spare hand, that this sends a degree of authority to the person receiving the handshake. Check out Obama's method on this one.

Very interesting post Moose. Something that we don't normally think about perhaps unless your a SM. Bit reluctant to spend $50 - $100 to realise how weak my grip strength is though :pfft:

Just a word on Handshakes. I hate it when someone goes to shake your hand & closes it around your fingers. I can never figure it out if this is a ploy to make them feel that they can crush you & make you feel insecure or if its just poor etiquette...you can go away feeling a bit compromised though :D I always respect someone that gives both the time to lock up onto the thumbs before they squeeze. If challenged you can apply reasonable strength & there can be a degree of understanding between each party. They say if you add a touch to the same arm using your spare hand, that this sends a degree of authority to the person receiving the handshake. Check out Obama's method on this one.

All wrong, read Allen pease

• 7 years later...