On essential Amino Energy drink

DrDarkMatter

hi guys, hey does anyone use this? and if so does anyone just add it to their water as they drink it through out the day or do you just use it for pre-workout or wake up (instead of coffee)?

I got some for the first time last week and I have been using it, first for pre-workout and then started for a replacement for coffee.

thanks guys

I have used this before quite of expensive paying $45-00 for 30 servings though. The taste is great! Also I got good energy from it I think it was 160mg caffeine a serving...? But i'm pretty caffeine sensitive.

I only took pre-workout, and drink Xtend throughout the day makes it easy to drink water.

I tried it and it made me feel like I was on crack.

Will give a +1 to xtend though :) Love the stuff.

But I'm now using MusclePharm's Assault :grin: Similar to the amino energy, but doesn't make me crash.

Oh and to answer, I just use them for a pre workout, then I'm on water for the rest of the day.

Amino Energy is boss !

Love the stuff, I do quite often drink it through out the day but most days it's only during training. I'm not cutting btw, I'm eating far too many cals to be anywhere near cutting :pfft:

I usually mix it with 1 scoop to 1 litre of water, then the flavour is epic. When doing this I look at it as it's a whole lot cheaper than Powerade etc and tastes better too !!

Have a Milk Bottle for a drink bottle so 3L of water in that bad boy with 3 scoops and I'm good to go. If I don't drink it all at training I just have it till it runs out then refill with just water.

Generally drink 1 bottle of Amino and 1.5-2 bottles of water a day, so plenty of fluids so no dehydration from the caffiene etc.

But I'm now using MusclePharm's Assault :grin: Similar to the amino energy, but doesn't make me crash.

Oh and to answer, I just use them for a pre workout, then I'm on water for the rest of the day.

I found I felt like dying if doing anything endurance based, if taking pre WO's.

As for Assault, I have it first thing in the morning, and then pre WO. I like it. But too much and I get a headache (Exceeding NZ dose, but still under USA dose. Damn, see the scoop from the USA?).

Strong crack.

+1 to Xtend. Tried the ON stuff for one bottle, found the taste not quite to my liking but that's a personal thing. Wasn't bad, just preferred Xtend's Watermelon flavour. I prefer the no caffeine too, get enough of that throughout the day in my coffees.

It is a little more expensive, but you can order 1 tub from iHerb and get free international shipping because it is light enough and under the $80 (USD) cap :) This type of shipping got to me in exactly a week last time I used it.

With the current exchange rate, a 1125g tub comes in at under $100 NZD. Cheaper if you use a discount code...

It is also $109 from bodybuilding.co.nz if you'd rather pay a little extra to get it quicker, which is a lot cheaper than this stuff used to be available for locally :nod:

I only recently got back on the paleo wagon properly, but my energy has been sweet mostly.

I have the assault because I usually train at 5am, so it's a decent kick at that time of the morning \:D/ probably a bit of placebo effect happening there too.

And now I have it when I train at 11am, and on 'twosdays' when I've been raped by a wod and have to teach pump later.