1 rep max day

Andre01

So today we worked out my one rep max. I know that I have a lot to improve on and its a big thing to put it in here cause I know that you all lift really heavy. But I do have a slight scoliosis in two vertebrae and its taken me a long time to really get everything right. So here goes oh as of this morning I weight 91.2kgs

Back squat 120kgs

Shoulder press 60kgs (left arm really bad, and not my strong point)

Dead-lift 150kgs....

Total of 330kgs.

I think that we have more next week to do.

Those lifts aren't too bad Andre, especially your deadlift.

In Powerlifting terms You are selling yourself short on your total too because generally it's made up of Squat, Deadlift and BENCHPRESS not shoulder press. I assume you would bench more than you overhead so your total will actually be a bit higher :D

But I guess you do alot more overhead stuff in crossfit right? So that would be more relevant.

Those lifts aren't too bad Andre, especially your deadlift.

In Powerlifting terms You are selling yourself short on your total too because generally it's made up of Squat, Deadlift and BENCHPRESS not shoulder press. I assume you would bench more than you overhead so your total will actually be a bit higher :D

But I guess you do alot more overhead stuff in crossfit right? So that would be more relevant.

So far my Benchpress is only 75kgs not my strongest. Yes we tend to do a lot of overhead stuff. But really would like to be able to bench something closer to my weight. I think that we are doing more next week. But thanks anyway.

The benchpress isn't a very functional movement.

An ohp is a much better test of functional upper body strength.

Unless ur a power lifter and bench press is ur specific sport, there really is little merit in building a big bench as far as being functionally strong goes IMO

Meaning being strong on bench press is only good for bench press, for crossfit it is a waste of time.

The benchpress isn't a very functional movement.

An ohp is a much better test of functional upper body strength.

Unless ur a power lifter and bench press is ur specific sport, there really is little merit in building a big bench as far as being functionally strong goes IMO

Meaning being strong on bench press is only good for bench press, for crossfit it is a waste of time.

Funny that, but we all need something to measure ourselves against. Also as I think that I have said else where, we also do strength as well as WODs. So yes we do lift weights and we also do the crossfit WODs. I don't actually belong to a box. I belong to a gym and my trainer is a crossfit instructor so he tortures us with WODs and strength. :roll:

Hey Andre - I'm with the others, those are actually damn good numbers.

This ain't normality in here... it was crazy at my gym today, couldn't get a rack for deadlifts so worked-in with a couple of other guys, who were both happy to be pulling similar numbers. In the rack next door, three young fellas were pulling 180s-200s - but I think it amazed them when the two geezers started up... so everything is relative.

Tom's point about functional strength is also a good one - powerlifters do bench 'cos that's what we do. Oly lifters do clean+jerk and snatch, 'cos that's what they do... gym rats to biceps curls (in the squat rack) 'cos that's what they do... sorry, got carried away there :pfft:

Besides, in the CrossFit mould you've now got a baseline, go forth and aim to beat it :clap:

Hey Andre - I'm with the others, those are actually damn good numbers.

This ain't normality in here... it was crazy at my gym today, couldn't get a rack for deadlifts so worked-in with a couple of other guys, who were both happy to be pulling similar numbers. In the rack next door, three young fellas were pulling 180s-200s - but I think it amazed them when the two geezers started up... so everything is relative.

Tom's point about functional strength is also a good one - powerlifters do bench 'cos that's what we do. Oly lifters do clean+jerk and snatch, 'cos that's what they do... gym rats to biceps curls (in the squat rack) 'cos that's what they do... sorry, got carried away there :pfft:

Besides, in the CrossFit mould you've now got a baseline, go forth and aim to beat it :clap:

Thanks, always nervous posting my lifting weights up here only cause all you guys can lift so much more. But as you say, now I have a starting point, its time to smash it.

• 3 months later...

Thanks Chickenlil, I actually managed to do 160 dead lift, 60 over head (without my arm failing me), and I'm almost up to 130 back squat. I had a real hard time post Christmas with some physiological stuff, which I am now fixing. So in a few months I would not mind doing it again to see how well I managed to do.

• 2 months later...

I'm a girl & here are some of my stats of late for my 1RMs at CrossFit. I'm working on getting my numbers up & really want to Dead lift at least 150kgs as well as get at least 60kgs in my Squat Snatch. Ive been doing CrossFit for coming up to one year, was pretty weak when I first started, so my numbers are definitely not that bad considering.

Clean 70kgs

Snatch Squat 45kgs

Bench Press 60kgs

Front Squat 105kgs

Back Squat 115kgs

Dead Lift 140kgs

Overhead Squat 60kgs

I'm a girl & here are some of my stats of late for my 1RMs at CrossFit. I'm working on getting my numbers up & really want to Dead lift at least 150kgs as well as get at least 60kgs in my Squat Snatch. Ive been doing CrossFit for coming up to one year, was pretty weak when I first started, so my numbers are definitely not that bad considering.

Clean 70kgs

Snatch Squat 45kgs

Bench Press 60kgs

Front Squat 105kgs

Back Squat 115kgs

Dead Lift 140kgs

Overhead Squat 60kgs

What's ur bodyweight?

Clean 70kgs

Snatch Squat 45kgs

Bench Press 60kgs

Front Squat 105kgs

Back Squat 115kgs

Dead Lift 140kgs

Overhead Squat 60kgs

What's ur bodyweight?

30 yrs old 168cm 70ish kilos. don't ask me how i know :dancing:

Clean 70kgs

Snatch Squat 45kgs

Bench Press 60kgs

Front Squat 105kgs

Back Squat 115kgs

Dead Lift 140kgs

Overhead Squat 60kgs

What's ur bodyweight?

30 yrs old 168cm 70ish kilos. don't ask me how i know :dancing:

Das some good lifts