400kg leg press!

deeseenz

Good stuff man 400kg leg press is a big milestone thats about the same as squatting 200kg and looks like your going nice and deep too !

Cheers man! Yea my squats are quite light cos my lower back is shit. I do sets of 100kg. Havent tried any more than that cos I dont wanna strain my back. Need to do more core work to help with my back I think.

What!? people actually count the weight on leg press??? thats an exercise in itself

Lols strong this, who cares how much you Leg Press.. I mean if it's working for you and your legs are getting bigger good on you but seriously, Squat more..

Good stuff man 400kg leg press is a big milestone thats about the same as squatting 200kg and looks like your going nice and deep too !

About the same as squatting 200 ? Some how I don't think so brah..

About the same as squatting 200 ? Some how I don't think so brah..

I squat 190 and leg press 420 (ran out of the room on machine :pfft: ) so yeah it's true as long as you actually doing squat as a main leg exercise. Couple of years ago when I was mainly doing leg press I was working with 350-360 but my squat was rubbish - around 120kg

Nice strength Dan, depending on depth, cos I know that leg press at Aspyre aint that flash in terms of smoothness (those thin rails flex too much!).

But it really comes down to what you are training for - if strength start those squats (cos there aint no leg press comps brah! :grin: ) and do a ton of core work to look after your back weakness.

If size is your aim just consider whether the heavy leg press is working for you. If so carry on, if not mix things up a little.

Catch up soon bro.