Lower back issues

muscle99

I use to train legs with no lower back issues. After taking a few months off I did eight weeks, took a week off and have just finished week one. After squats my lower back is so sore and gets worst as i progress thru leg press and hack squat and manage some leg curls (romanian deadlifts are out of the question after all that), I only do 1 set of 10 deadlifts on monday and train legs on friday. I haven't quite regained my strength to what it was but my back never played up back in the day. Can anyone suggest a remedy? Thanks in advance.

Tight glutes and hamstrings mate.

I get the exact same thing if I don't stretch lots (if you just do heavy weight you become so inflexible, especially after years of it) squats, deadlifts, even running. Same goes for calves... my leg muscles are fucked and tight as... Taurine has helped me as well as diclofenac but these only mask the problem. Stretching and foam roller will fix it

That's your problem.

I get the exact same thing if I don't stretch lots (if you just do heavy weight you become so inflexible, especially after years of it) squats, deadlifts, even running. Same goes for calves... my leg muscles are fucked and tight as... Taurine has helped me as well as diclofenac but these only mask the problem. Stretching and foam roller will fix it

That's your problem.

Thanks. When do you recommend I stretch?

That's your problem.

This.

I'd bet you have fairly bad anterior pelvic tilt, which can be caused by any combination of weak abdominals, short and tight hip flexors, weak hamstrings and underactive glutes, and tight lumbar muscles.

Best fix would be daily stretching of your hip flexors, hamstrings, and lower back and in the gym work on strengthening your Abs, hamstrings and glutes. Can't determine what the main issue would be over the internet, but working on improving all of those aspects should definitely help. It may just be 1 or 2, or it could be all of them.

That's your problem.

Thanks. When do you recommend I stretch?

As much as u can... Not before workout though but definitely after.

Stretch till fucken cows come home. Don't push it too far too soon else u might tear something but consistent stretching is good even tho we all hate it

I had a similar problem.

Try getting the book "How to treat your back" it has good exercises you can do when you back/glutes/hamstrings become tight.

I swear by the stretches, physio's also recommend the book.

Could probably find it online, rather popular book.

Here is a stretching tip to remove back pain problem.

Bridge and pelvic tilts exercises help strengthen the body and improve posture to support the back. Begin a bridge pose by lying flat on your back on an exercise mat, bending your knees upright and keeping your feet on the mat. Tighten your abdomen and glutes, then lift your hips to create a straight line from your knees tow your shoulders. Hold the position for at least three deep breaths and return. You may need to use a ball or yoga block to support your back in the bridge pose, depending on your current level of discomfort. Pelvic tilts cause your back to flex in the opposite direction. Lie on your mat, then tighten your abdominal muscles to press the small of your back into the floor. Hold for at least five seconds.

The last week I have been stretching twice daily, begun training core/abs, training hips. Today i did 3 sets of leg press and 2 sets of hack squat before lying on the foam roller. Does anyone have experience of how long it took them to get back to leg training without a killer lower back. I am able to train hamstrings separately and calves separate again so all is not lost, but just annoying more than anything not to mention poor quad training.