Cleanest Protein Powder?

AverageSize4Now

some insights...

- i know that silicon dioxide can cause silicosis... in high quantities... in english - bad airflow and lung disease / lung cancer...

- but when he says it's a "filler" i suspect he's not indicating the quantity but the fact that there is less actual whey protein and more silicon dioxide

- on the other hand i searched it up a bit and it's meant to be an "anticaking agent" - used to stop lumps forming in your protein

whether it's use is good to bad who cares, there are definitely better proteins out there...

i don't know what you mean by "clean" if you mean no additives at all go with davis trading (fontera) - but some people prefer sweet tasting shit... or stuff with additives that helps it mix well

If you just mean really high quality i think gold standard 100% whey is quite good...

cheapest / basic - nutrawhey (bodybuilding.co.nz), davis trading (fontera)

cheap possibly a bit better - evolve (evolvsupplements.co.nz), eatme (eatmesupplements.co.nz), bioplex (xtremenutrition.co.nz)

meant to be high quality - gold standard 100% whey

High quality Hydrobuilder!

If you have the money.

Instead of adding the silicon dioxide to the powder they could have silicon dioxide packs like most pre-workouts etc have.

Have you read the warnings on that stuff before!

I like balances idea of the scoop holder thing though nothing worse than trying to find your scoop!

If you want seriously clean protein, then Sunwarrior unflavoured is the way to go.

Ingredients: Bio-Fermented Raw Sprouted Whole Grain Brown Rice

Pretty damn clean.

Pretty damn expensive too.

(LOL yeah I know, I know - vegans be crazy :pfft: )

Bio-Fermention interesting, I wonder what the difference is.

I also use Dymatize ISO Whey 100. In terms of calories per serve it's pretty light at 106. No carbs, no fat no sugar.

I think my clean he might be referring to artificial flavors, colours and dyes.

Isolate is a waste of money IMO wow 2g less carbs and maybe a gram or two less fat. Isolate also absorbs faster and if you take to much at was it can supposedly stock the system and shut down protein digestion for some period of time. Was told this by a masters student who was developing protein ice cream.

I also use Dymatize ISO Whey 100. In terms of calories per serve it's pretty light at 106. No carbs, no fat no sugar.

Isolate is a waste of money IMO wow 2g less carbs and maybe a gram or two less fat. Isolate also absorbs faster and if you take to much at was it can supposedly stock the system and shut down protein digestion for some period of time. Was told this by a masters student who was developing protein ice cream.

For those with some lactose intolarance (bloating, farting etc) WPI is a good option.

did master's student mention how long protein digestion is stopped for, and how much WPI was needed to achieve this awful side effect? :doh:

For those with some lactose intolarance (bloating, farting etc) WPI is a good option.

In that case, probably good idea.

Isolate also absorbs faster and if you take to much at was it can supposedly stock the system and shut down protein digestion for some period of time. Was told this by a masters student who was developing protein ice cream.

Dude that sounds mental ,would love to know the reasoning behind it.

He could be, I'm not educated on the subject so can't make an opinion. However he is educated on it...

Dude, who do you and your mate think you are? These guys on here who drink 3 protein shakes per day obviously know what they are talking about... Come on man seriously think about it.

i find it difficult to believe it would have this effect even if such a thing did exist because people wouldn't consume just isolate by itself as their diet/meals.

You must be new around here... :pfft:

Bluto was drinking just shakes of Wpi, Fruit Juice and Olive Oil as his diet and he seemed to do okay.

This is also why I find it hard to imagine that there is a too much limit on this, he was having 500g/day, so unless the limit is 1kg or something.. I really don't think anyone needs to worry about it.

i am aware of this. but the point is he didn't just have isolate by itself. he added in carbs and fats. i dont know if the protein digestion shutdown thing exists but even if it does who the f*ck eats only isolate by itself as their diet?

i was having 300g/day isolate plus lollies, heaps of meat and other stuff and it seemed fine.

No one said it only happened if you only consumed isolate and nothing else. You were the only one that brought up only consuming isolate out of nowhere.

Jimmy's point was that too much isolate would shutdown protein synthesis etc etc, and I'm just saying I couldn't imagine anyone eating more isolate than Bluto in a day and he seemed to be gaining etc just fine so I don't think it's anything to worry about.

Edit: Go on Tom, you know you want to :lol: