Acquiring bulk!

jimmybro1

Took the majority of last week off lifting and focused on stretching and cardio as was going to do the IPF WBOP Bench Championships. 

Turns out the stretching wasn't the best idea the night before the competition has significant pain in right shoulder could lift arm above head without pain. Managed to get the pain manageable the morning of the competition. Goal was to only qualify for nationals and needed a 122.5kg press to do this. 

Weighed in at 100.8kg surprised I am holding my weight so well considering all the cardio I am doing. 

During warmups shoulder felt "ok" if I kept my bar path on track so decided to open with 130kg and take it from there.  Felt easy so went up too 140kg which was also easy. Third attempt was 147.5kg should have left it at 140kg as there was nothing to gain from it and only needed but aggravating my shoulder....  

130kg WWW

140kg WWW

147.5kg RRR

Video of 140kg attempt

One a side note haven't eaten red meat for 6 months now and still holding weight... what is this wizardry 

On 29/05/2016 at 10:20 AM, jimmybro1 said:

One a side note haven't eaten red meat for 6 months now and still holding weight... what is this wizardry 

Was actually just about to ask this. So no red meat, or no meat at all?

And do you feel your body composition has changed any?

1 hour ago, Pseudonym said:

Was actually just about to ask this. So no red meat, or no meat at all?

And do you feel your body composition has changed any?

Only meat I eat is chicken 3-4 days of the week no more than 400g raw a day. 

Other days protein source vegetables, nuts and seeds. 

Body composition has improved a lot much leaner. Got visible abdominals without the need of half natty downward lighting. Energy is great and a lot fitter. But I am doing a lot of cardio so this is expected 

Wednesday 

Took the day off and saw the physio for monthly release of lower back muscles. I have a little bit for an unbalance to my lower back with is noticeable when under going movements the stretch the erectors. 

Back feels fine but wanting to correct this so I can lift, run and just generally preform better through better path of movement. 

I have been suggested to be part of a Biokinetic Clinic trail at the Wintec in Hamilton to assess my patterns of movement and help correct these through corrective exercise. Will be interesting. 

Other than that legs particular glutes and hamstrings are fried from the workout on Tuesday night. Quite surprised as it was a simplistic workout without much volume but felt effective. Next week few weeks will reduce volume and increase weight on the squat to work towards a 220-225 squat at the NZPF novice meet in Hamilton at the end of this month. Will be stoked if I can at this lower bodyweight and lack of intensity the past 3 months (since head injury). 

Full video of meet 

Tuesday 

Deadlifts (beltless,hook) 170x1, 190x1, 210x1 (PB) 

Seal Rows 90x4x10

Pull-ups 12,12,12,10

Stoked with deadlift PB still poverty as fark but most progress ive made in 2 years lolz. Going to stick with beltless I feel it was throwing my positioning or something off.. 

Wednesday 

Squats 180x1, 200x4, 200x1 (lost positioning on second and dumped bar)

Leg press

Leg extensions

Laying leg curls

200x4 was easy could have gone for 6-7 felt good. Knee sleeve split on the second rep so got to replace them now... $$$$ 

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/9/2016 at 10:58 AM, jimmybro1 said:

Tuesday 

Deadlifts (beltless,hook) 170x1, 190x1, 210x1 (PB) 

Seal Rows 90x4x10

Pull-ups 12,12,12,10

Stoked with deadlift PB still poverty as fark but most progress ive made in 2 years lolz. Going to stick with beltless I feel it was throwing my positioning or something off.. 

Wednesday 

Squats 180x1, 200x4, 200x1 (lost positioning on second and dumped bar)

Leg press

Leg extensions

Laying leg curls

200x4 was easy could have gone for 6-7 felt good. Knee sleeve split on the second rep so got to replace them now... $$$$ 

SBD life $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

• 1 month later...

This journal has pretty much RIPed the last few weeks but I assure you I am still battling with gravity on a dailyeee 

Mention-ables of the past few weeks for training

• Managed to get my previous poverty competition 1rm deadlift for 8 reps
  •  Squat 200x5 and 190x10 
  • Bench still poverty 
  • Started rowing PB 7:05 min for 2,000m (not record breaking, mad repect for rowers sport is got to be one of the hardest things ive done). 400m sprint still takes the cake though. 

Joined a corporate rowing race so training towards that for some fun and variation. 

Training program not specified for anything just train how I feel like training on the day. Will enter the Classic Cup 3 lift in November goals 235/150/235 will re-think goals once I see how the weights are moving. 620 total will be a small feat for myself. 

• 3 weeks later...

Started rowing a couple weeks ago in the gym with the goal of getting my 2000m below 7 minutes. Now have join hamilton rowing club and on the water. Video is of third training, its a lot more difficult than it looks on television that's for sure. Timing and technique challenging to get right. Only rowing with six in the video with the other two balancing the boat. Managed to get all eight rowing for a split but balance was average making strokes difficult. I'm rowing in four. 

• 1 month later...

Short clip of an erg race I was in the other day. Managed a 1:15 spilt and relay team took second overall. I got fastest spilt. 

https://video-syd1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t42.1790-2/14616644_1202254409832909_1249719673637830656_n.mp4?efg=eyJ2ZW5jb2RlX3RhZyI6InN2ZV9zZCJ9&oh=612d12b171b0de148e5e7742076ce7f8&oe=57F89EDD

• 1 month later...

Been over a month since last logged. Things haven't been that exciting in terms of training however I have managed to purchase a house and renovations are where the majority of my efforts are at the moment. 

I have been training with bro-split logic the last couple of weeks a bit more volume than typical just for more enjoyment reasons and the fact I am shattered after manual labor on the house as I'm a desk jockey the majority of the day its not something I am use too, but enjoying it! 

15th November Quad-focus

Squats 140x4x20, 160x2x10, 180x2x4 

front squats 80x5x16

leg extensions 3x16

Toying with the idea of competing in an INBA Bodybuilding competition next year not sure if I still have the determination to reach the degree of conditional I am wanting though. Dieting has never been fun especially the last 4-5 weeks... 

On 11/16/2016 at 1:36 PM, jimmybro1 said:

Been over a month since last logged. Things haven't been that exciting in terms of training however I have managed to purchase a house and renovations are where the majority of my efforts are at the moment. 

I have been training with bro-split logic the last couple of weeks a bit more volume than typical just for more enjoyment reasons and the fact I am shattered after manual labor on the house as I'm a desk jockey the majority of the day its not something I am use too, but enjoying it! 

15th November Quad-focus

Squats 140x4x20, 160x2x10, 180x2x4 

front squats 80x5x16

leg extensions 3x16

Toying with the idea of competing in an INBA Bodybuilding competition next year not sure if I still have the determination to reach the degree of conditional I am wanting though. Dieting has never been fun especially the last 4-5 weeks... 

Good shit on buying a house, getting tougher and tougher these days. 

2 hours ago, Bigken1985 said:

Good shit on buying a house, getting tougher and tougher these days. 

Cheers bro, we have renovated the total inside of the house all new gib, bathroom and kitchen. 

An end to the rental era! 

Will be working at a site in caterburry next year bro will have to jam some training sessions.