Can I get cortisone injection shoulder.

cruxis

My sub acromial Bursitis has flared up, I am into 5th week of test ethanate cycle. Can I go to the GP and request a cortisone Injection ? Or do I have to go through the rest rehab process again.

I have been diagnosed with sub acromial impingement before 2yars ago and rest and rotor cuff exercise has worked before. But now being mid cycle I would like a injection to get me through it till December.

My sub acromial Bursitis has flared up, I am into 5th week of test ethanate cycle. Can I go to the GP and request a cortisone Injection ? Or do I have to go through the rest rehab process again.

I have been diagnosed with sub acromial impingement before 2yars ago and rest and rotor cuff exercise has worked before. But now being mid cycle I would like a injection to get me through it till December.

What are you training for? If it's just for yourself then why don't you try training around it? Chances are that you're getting this because you are overdoing certain exercises that aggravate it, and probably are doing those exercises with not the best form.

I from time to time have the same problem as you. For me, the bench press is what sets it off. I've found that I can train around it by backing off on the bench, and slowly working back up.

For me I think part of the cause is a tight triceps tendon on my left arm, or possibly a scapula mis-alignment which leads to the tendon being tight. This tightness causes stress on the ac joint which leads to the bursitis.

So, in effect, the best way to get around the problem is to do a lot of stretching to get your joints set in the right alignment, and time off aggravating exercises to let the bursa heal.

I wouldn't recommend a cortisone shot. Cortisone is a catabolic hormone that weakens tissue... if you're not very careful it can make things much worse (or so I've read over the years). Anyone have any first-hand experience with cortisone?

I had a cortisone injection when I had a complete tear of a shoulder tendon.

This was only to allow me to sleep as the shoulder would ache.

The problem with a cortisone injection is that it masks the pain but doesn't fix the problem.

if you do the exercises that damaged it in the first place you will make it worse.When the cortisone wears off you will be worse than before.

Cortisone is also catabolic and can weaken tendons.

Best not to get a cortisone injection but do exercises that don't hurt. Bench press is one that can make it worse. Partial reps might even be better for the

shoulder.

My injection was just to get me through to surgery.