Shoes

Andre01

Inov8s are usually the go to for crossfit. They are around the $160 mark over here.. I found them ok but I'm not really into the super minimal shoe.

http://www.inov-8.co.nz/shoes/ I have the f lite 230 which are recommended to start as they still have some support, then move into the bare 210.

Or you could drink the kool aid and get some reebok nanos, but you'd have to get them shipped.

New balance minimus are also awesome and good to try if you like prettier shoes, because let's face it, the inov8s are a tad ugly :pfft: ., I have seen them in shoe science and athletes foot.

I'm a bad ass rebel, and wear Nike frees because I LOVE them on my feet. (and they're bright fucking yellow pew pew!)

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, just a random thought... I found running in NB Minimus sucked big-time... not bad for general purpose gym work (I did a KB workout in them no worries) and I'd not squat or deadlift in them...

So, if you're prone to e.g. ankle or knee issues while running, it might pay to go see ShoeClinic or Athlete's Foot (one of the stores with a gait analysis ability). If there's one near you, you could suggest that he give you a voucher and let you talk to the pros and select the best outcome.

Purely my 2c worth...

• 3 weeks later...
So u didn't try them on? Lol

Bit hard when you can't get them in NZ. But I have done a lot of research into these shoes. I believe that I have made the best decision for me. If they are any good then I will be buying another pair and these will become work shoes. I think that I would love a few more different colours to match my shirts.

I've read sizing is diff tho so hope they fit u mate.

For work? Wats wrong with crocs lol

I cant as ACC wont payout too much of a slip risk and our new policy states that they must be black and polishable or washable. My boss says that they should be alright but awaiting official word. It depend on our DON (Director of Nursing)

• 2 weeks later...
shoes turned up today, but I was asleep when they turned up..... so ill be picking them up tomorrow. :nod:

Any good?

Sorry mate....

First week was a pain in the ass.... Bu now that I have broken them in they are the best shoes that I have ever had. Support in the right places, and lots of breathable material. I wear them for everything from work to the gym. Can't wait to get my pay of from work as I'm :nod: leaving and get another pair for the gym and leave my black ones for work.