1st Deadlift competition

Ninja

I've entered CAPO nz's Deadlift Comp at Coast Barbell on the 8th of Dec just to give it a go, will be lifting junior men under 90kg (im 23). It will be my first PL comp

So basically ive got a little over 8 weeks to bring up my deadlift strength, where's the best place to look for a programme to follow? This is all new to me. I will be doing this alongside my regular BB'ing training and although I have regularly deadlifted for the past few years, its always been 5-12 reps kind of stuff for size, very rarely 1 rep max

Also any advice about a first PL comp, what to wear, do I bring my own chalk, etc. I will be competing Raw (Belt only)

Also I have heard the height of the bar is higher than you would find in a normal gym due to the size of the plates, is this true?

Cheers guys

I've entered CAPO nz's Deadlift Comp at Coast Barbell on the 8th of Dec just to give it a go, will be lifting junior men under 90kg (im 23). It will be my first PL comp

So basically ive got a little over 8 weeks to bring up my deadlift strength, where's the best place to look for a programme to follow? This is all new to me. I will be doing this alongside my regular BB'ing training and although I have regularly deadlifted for the past few years, its always been 5-12 reps kind of stuff for size, very rarely 1 rep max

Also any advice about a first PL comp, what to wear, do I bring my own chalk, etc. I will be competing Raw (Belt only)

Also I have heard the height of the bar is higher than you would find in a normal gym due to the size of the plates, is this true?

Cheers guys

awesome stuff mate!! you can wear pretty much anything, knee length socks chalk...we have a ton, prog wise anything nice and simple will work work just stick to it dont worry about maxing out b4 comp - link to the coan/phillip big j said above - http://tsampa.org/training/scripts/coan_phillipi_deadlift/