time to get bigger and stronger

maccaz

so good and bad news, im getting my first minesite visit finally but it may fall on the week of comp.. waiting to find out. It will involve flying to tasmania, having a tour of a freezing mine site and meeting some people, basically a time waste but apparently the foods pretty good and there is a big proper gym at the site.

if im gonna miss the comp then I will test maxes this weekend and start 4day/week new sheiko program. its designed for class 1- CMS according to sheiko rankings (552-645 total in my weight class)  and realistically my total is around 520-530 but I am going to do it because I want to train 4 days a week because I get bored on the off days and feel as though I don't always need them for recovery. I might be wrong but I want to try anyway.

the extra training day should help burn a few more calories over the week also which will be good. decided whether I get to compete on the 28th or not, I won't compete again until i open at 550

iv started compiling a few different sheiko spreadsheets and other PL spreadsheets etc so if anyone wants any just pm me I can send.

unfortunately gym rat has become addicted to methamphetimine

Before I trained had a epic stimming session with a samaple of Max hp. When the stim went into my mouth the stim was so epic and amazing thought holly mega stim city batman was off to the gym like a rocket.The stim that I got give me lots of good foucs plus lots off good pumps as well being the last quad session before I start cutting or the main event gym rat style.When I do start cutting I will be cycling my carbs by having three days of low carb which will be used for meals four and five Monday to Wednesday and will be 50g of carbs in meals four and five.Thursday medium carbs for meal four and five and weekend will be 150g of carbs for meals four and five and having more engery to do stuff as well like biking .Since I bike up some step roads when I am coming home from work.I used carb cycling for the first time last year when I was cutting for the Pan Pacific show and my body loved medium and high carb day days which made things a bit more easy for me instead of going low carb all the way when I was preping for nationals and discovered and learnt it was very hard at times espically when I was biking home from work.Felt at times my eyes were going to pop out of head just like in cartoons.

Jesus. :blink:

What's the mine, Maccaz? A friend of mine is over working as a consultant in a gold mine in remote corner of Papua New Guinea. Yours is probably a step up from that, I suspect!

Probably not a step up mate, doesn't matter where the mine is, if the ore is in the ground, someone will spend a crazy amount of money to dig it up.

for example my work has mines in congo and laos, and both of those mine sites are just as flash as our mines in australia

png would be scary though i reckon

this ones zinc, lead, copper, in tasmania, its quite old, 50 years old or something i think, excited to finally go on site after dealing with a lot of the stuff onsite from head office.

very very bad workout today lol

wanted to lift heavy because had a crap day at work

hadn't eaten enough

this dieting bullshit is making me weak

bw 100.0kg exactly when i went gym in shorts and tshirt but frail as f*ck.

squat

60 x 5

100 x 5

120 x 3

140 x 1

150 x 1

160 x 1

170 x 1

180 x fail will post video, was super deep, way below parallel, but hit my sticking point bout 15cm above parallel and lost it, furious because i got 190 on sunday

this got me in a bad mood and knew the rest wasn't going to go well

deadlift

60 x 3

100 x 3

140 x 3

180 x 3

200 x 1

220 x fail (expected this, wasnt feeling strong today)

rage level 700, some fgt asked me when il be done cos he wants to use some of the 20s i said i got 38 sets to go sorry mate, then moved to bench

bench

60 x 10

80 x 10

100 x 3

110 x 1

115 x fail

pissed off overall, i know its unreasonable to expect to keep hitting 1rms etc but i just feel weak and shit lately

going to rethink diet and try eat more and lose weight less quickly to maintain strength

will finish #29 then start the 4 day program with very conservative maxes..

Tbh iv been in a rut since i started trying to lose some weight, feeling burned out so pushing days back and not enjoying the programming so did that random heavy day last night.

Gonna just disregard body weight for now but obviously not get fatter on purpose and i should get back in the groove.

Positive points lately is im squatting deep and squat in particular is feeling good

hadn't eaten enough

this dieting bullshit is making me weak

TBH, I think generally when people feel weak while dieting, it's mostly just in their heads. Unless you're on a severe caloric deficit, you should be handle a cutting diet without becoming totally weak and feeble!

Having said that, if you hadn't eaten enough because you'd skipped entire meals, that'd do it. Also, if you've got a lot on your mind, I find that has an even bigger impact than the diet - especially if it's disrupting sleep.

TBH, I think generally when people feel weak while dieting, it's mostly just in their heads. Unless you're on a severe caloric deficit, you should be handle a cutting diet without becoming totally weak and feeble!

Having said that, if you hadn't eaten enough because you'd skipped entire meals, that'd do it. Also, if you've got a lot on your mind, I find that has an even bigger impact than the diet - especially if it's disrupting sleep.

yeah mate combination of a lot of stress in general + not good sleep + trying to lose a bit of fat so watching eating (previously just ate whatever, within reason and sat around 105kg).

hopefully find a bit better structure for everything over next few weeks because its annoying when i know how i feel when im on track and training feels real productive each session compared to now. just having a few off weeks will be back on form soon!

re did programming based on 170/110/210 which are lifts i can hit any day of the week so i think this will stop me getting burned out all the time. sheiko says use realistic maxes etc and previously i figured overstate them a bit will do me good but long term better to stick to what he says.

i am starting sheiko 4 day program on Monday. mon-weds-fri-sat. head is back in the game and i want to hit some good numbers by end of year so gonna focus