Am i taking the right supplements

boltsmidgets

Morning all,

Im just starting out on this 12-week eating/gym plan to gain 3-4kg of muscle and to firm up my core. At the moment there is a bit of fat down there, even though im only 72kg so i want to shrink that and define it so it feels slimmer and looks better. At the moment im currently taking Creatine Mono 30min before my workout and Horleys Crossfire 2-3 times a day to achieve my goal.

Im trying to eat 2500 calories a day to gain weight aswell which im struggling with a little. Typically im getting to around 2000 calories but over time i know i will crack 2500 more concistently.

At the gym im not lifting heavy weights as im only a wee-fella lol but im doing the absolute max i can ( for instance, DB press on swissball, maybe 15-20kg .. weak, i know! ).

Am i taking the right supplements/eating enough for what i am trying to achieve?

Stats:

Age - 26

Weight - 72kg

Height - 6ft

Current eating plan:

730am - cup of museli with mixed fruit and nuts

10am - two wholemeal slices of bread toasted with avocado

12pm - Chicken salad ( one chicken breast ) and a piece of fruit or two wholemeal slices of bread with salad and ham and a piece of fruit

1pm - Protein shake followed by creatine shake

2pm - workout at the gym for an hour ( Arms monday, back tuesday, shoulders wednesday, thursday chest/core, friday mix but only if i have time to get to the gym - legs are a no go at the moment due to injury )

3pm - Protein shake and a handful of mixed nuts and fruit

430pm - Wholemeal sandwich containing whatever salads/meat i have at home

6pm - meals are either mince wraps with salad or 2 chicken breasts with vege's or beef/chicken stir fry

9pm - Protein shake before bed

Eat more food! :wink:

Aim to gain some muscles before worrying about having a ripped midsection.

Its difficult to get both at the same time. Especially if diet in not your strong point. Learn as much as you can about food, or pay someone to teach you. Changing your body composition is all about what and how you eat :nod:

By the way weight in training is all relative, your weight you bench x6 gives the same effect as my weight I can bench for x6.

Learn how to train, don't just go to the gym and do some bench,shoulder press and finish with 3 kinds of curls.

Get help and have a plan your following, aim at getting stronger and learning form for lifts like squats,deadlifts,rows,chins,bench and presses.

If you don't eat consistently more than your body needs to maintain then you will stay the same weight, put on very little muscle and feel like your wasting your time. I cant stress this enough.

There is no magic pill or powder you are not taking, they can help sure but only if your getting the calories you need.

There are some good beginner programs and diet info on this site :nod:

All the best