Crossfit prices':,?@$$

Mimol1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm out at East Tamaki - don't think it's compulsory but it's definitely ideal if you haven't had much experience with Oly lifting or gymnastics. My coaches are always happy to take time to explain and go through stuff with new people though :) I have seen people just jump in and learn as they go.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I started at a crossfit gym earlier in the year with my flat mate.  Decided with the $100 a week we were spending between us, we might as well buy our own gear and set up a garage gym.  On top of that we have learn't more about technique watching youtube videos then we ever did from the trainers there.  There are plenty on online crossfit programs to follow.  We have been following the out law way which has a good mix of skills, strength and conditioning.  Over the last few months have built and bought our set up.  Have now got bumper weights, rings, climbing ropes, kettle bells, boxes, sled, GHD, a cage, wall balls etc.

The main disadvantage is missing out on the head to head competativeness of going to a box, but got my mate to compete with and plenty of people online plus comps to enter.

• 2 months later...

Any idea of cheapest Crossfit gym (or similar style) in Christchurch? 

I would be keen to know this as well, or at least some recommendations

Ronny/Psyke/Anyone who cares

Just found this site and this is an old-ish post but you may pick this up - there's two formal Crossfit gyms in Christchurch and a couple of home garage operations but I don't know much about these.

High end is Franks Bros: High profile, owned and operated by two All Blacks, looks very cool, Reebok affiliated, all the toys, more expensive - I haven't trained there so can't say any more than that.

The other main player is Crossfit Christchurch - Ive been going there about 12 months - significantly cheaper, smaller facility which can be limiting in some areas e.g. no way to do rope climbs, cast iron kettlebells instead of chrome plated (like it makes a difference!), great community, damn near kills me on a weekly basis (in a good way), trainers watching your form and technique. I have no plans to go elsewhere anytime soon.

Hope this helps.

• 1 month later...

My mate and me made a crossfit gym at home. Welded up a power rack, rope climb, sled, bought some bumpers and bar etc... Cost about 650 each and we have everything. Really cheap and convenient way to do it. We watch YouTube videos on technique and this has been more than enough help. Home gyms if you have the space and motivation are awesome, you can lift when ever you want.

My mate and me made a crossfit gym at home. Welded up a power rack, rope climb, sled, bought some bumpers and bar etc... Cost about 650 each and we have everything. Really cheap and convenient way to do it. We watch YouTube videos on technique and this has been more than enough help. Home gyms if you have the space and motivation are awesome, you can lift when ever you want.

that's really awesome man put up some pics for us would love to have a look at how you've implemented that.

• 7 years later...