Crossfit prices':,?@$$

Mimol1

Morning junkies,

I've been looking into this crossfit business for overall strength and development of some lagging muscle groups aka lower back which is current fucked? But these prices are off the reservation 250 a month that shit is just silly. Why are these prices so ridiculous? Anyone know any decent crossfit places around Auckland for a decent price?

Morning junkies,

I've been looking into this crossfit business for overall strength and development of some lagging muscle groups aka lower back which is current fucked? But these prices are off the reservation 250 a month that shit is just silly. Why are these prices so ridiculous? Anyone know any decent crossfit places around Auckland

you should read your post before u actually click submit ( to make sure it makes sense ).

edit: just go for like 2 months to learn all there stuff. then go somewhere else and do it.

My box is $180 a month for unlimited sessions. If you make the most of it that is $10-15 a session. Or $120 for twice a week per month.

The prices are higher because you have a trainer or 2 supervising your workouts, so really, you are paying for group personal training. They are teaching you correct technique and making sure you keep that technique throughout the workout. I find it's worth the extra cost :)

We usually only have 5-8 people each class, so we get some pretty decent one on one time :)

So are they degree trained or are they I've paid my $1000 usa dollars for my level 1 course so I know what to do with another persons body.

What a crock of shit I looked into this and you pay $3500 us dollars to affiliate to the website and then for each level you pay another $1000 us dollars to buy your so called qualification, then and only then after you write a speel about your passion for crossfit you can use the name.

Like the first writer said if you want to get into it go for the basic guidelines online, then do it yourself, as your trainer is probably a level 1 which means they probably know as much as you do.

:naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

Dude, if you are in Auckland go to Ludus Magnus. About teh same prices as regular gyms, but full on bodyweight (and sandbag, tires, ropes) training with great trainers and excellent vibe. Glenclose place.

I preferred it to crossfit. More variation. Better prices. I got cut up to hell.

http://www.ludusmagnus.co.nz

I only stopped due to health issues unrelated to the training.

Crossfit is a franchise, and the douche at the top (who looks like shit, with a silicon breast wife) gets the cream.

Illegal-Pyramid-Scheme.jpeg

I still support the methodology, but are against excessive profit.

Some are degree trained, some aren't. Are personal trainers degree trained? Are the guys at ludus degree trained? Some are, some arent. One thing I have learnt in this industry is that experience often tops those who have degrees. Same with nutrition. A piece of paper means f*ck all most of the time.

And if you're worrying about affiliating for $3500 then you probably shouldn't be affiliating 8)

And yeah anyone can go do the level 1, much like anyone can go to AUT for a few weekends and then call themselves a personal trainer.. But your affiliate and your trainers will only be successful if they are actually good.. Which is why it pays to do research into the box you're going to try out.

We have it pretty lucky in nz, I only know of a couple of douchebag trainers.

Now that looks like a nice set up severe good to see such an awsome looking website and you get the workout to boot

icecream not knocking you if that is how you roll for your workouts Creds to you.

I train 100 people a week in functional training. I am degree trained and would expect if I was to go to an advertised crossfit set up that at least one of the staff had a degree and vetted each workout and established a safe training environment as a minimum for paying customers.

Damn straight I do 8) :roll:

Anyway I had a look at a few affiliate sites - looks like most are well equipped with decent trainers who have more than just a level 1 cert. CFHQ themselves say level 1 should be the beginning of your career as a trainer. For me it's going to be a good supplement to the training qualifications I already have. I'll always be a student.

I've been looking into this crossfit business for overall strength and development of some lagging muscle groups aka lower back which is current fucked? But these prices are off the reservation 250 a month that shit is just silly. Why are these prices so ridiculous? Anyone know any decent crossfit places around Auckland for a decent price?

I'm lucky enough to get an emergency services discount, so I pay roughly $140 a month at Crossfit Manukau (Hey Icecream :grin:) So by going 4-5 times a week, it works out to be about $7 per session. I'd also considered joining Ludus Magnus too - but it was too far, and Manukau actually works out to be cheaper.

I asked the same questions as you before joining though - I'm guessing (other than the reasons already given) it's the associated costs of setting up/running a gym, becoming affiliated, coaching quals.. It all adds up, so members would need to pay quite a bit to jump on board.

It's just the one guy running ours.. We don't have nearly as many members as other boxes and he wanted to keep the cost down as low as possible from what I'm told.

As far as decent gyms go, it's pretty choice. Friendly people, great environment to train in, and I've gotten stronger/fitter. Have visited a few others where the classes were bigger and they had more equipment too, just a bit pricier. A lot of friends I've encouraged to try it baulked at the membership prices, but gave it a go.. Nek minit Unlimited Memberships.

I'd encourage you to go to a few free sessions (most boxes offer it) and see what you think once your back injury gets better.

I train 100 people a week in functional training. I am degree trained and would expect if I was to go to an advertised crossfit set up that at least one of the staff had a degree and vetted each workout and established a safe training environment as a minimum for paying customers.

Wow, 100 a week. You must be tired.

It does seem ridiculously expensive everywhere but everyone whose in it seems to justify it by how much they like it and when speaking about the price it's always 'justified' by bringing it down to the lowest divisor, $x per day/session.

If you really enjoy it and it suits your goals then that's the price you'll have to pay to do it in the company of officially certified trainers... if the crazy price is not justifiable to you then you could opt for a different approach which is to learn the exercises they do and form a similar program of your own which you can do at most very cheap commercial gyms.

So are they degree trained or are they I've paid my $1000 usa dollars for my level 1 course so I know what to do with another persons body.

What a crock of shit I looked into this and you pay $3500 us dollars to affiliate to the website and then for each level you pay another $1000 us dollars to buy your so called qualification, then and only then after you write a speel about your passion for crossfit you can use the name.

Like the first writer said if you want to get into it go for the basic guidelines online, then do it yourself, as your trainer is probably a level 1 which means they probably know as much as you do.

:naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

Forget what kind of degrees they have, same shit as Uni.. remember some very smart lecturers with Masters/PhDs who ultimately were terrible at actually teaching because lack of experience (so they don't know the smartest/quickest ways to help you understand stuff)/don't know how to communicate properly. Just sayin', you can get pathetic PhD trainers and awesome Cert ones... why judge their worth based on a theoretical certification when all their work is practical.

if someone has put up $50,000 - $60,000 to become CF qualified, affiliated and to buy all the equipment to set up their box then they can charge what they want... i cant stand tight arses like you who complain that its expensive without any thought whatsoever for why maybe it costs what it costs.

CF gyms dont have the member numbers of a normal gym so of course the membership costs are going to be higher to offset the member numbers.

i dont see many people at CF gyms staying fat or weak.... but i see 90% of members at gyms where they pay $25 a week looking same for years with no change.

people have to make a buck else there is no point putting lotsa effort into anything for others

and degrees v certs... dont get me started... both are a waste of time.

if someone has put up $50,000 - $60,000 to become CF qualified, affiliated and to buy all the equipment to set up their box then they can charge what they want... i cant stand tight arses like you who complain that its expensive without any thought whatsoever for why maybe it costs what it costs.

CF gyms dont have the member numbers of a normal gym so of course the membership costs are going to be higher to offset the member numbers.

i dont see many people at CF gyms staying fat or weak.... but i see 90% of members at gyms where they pay $25 a week looking same for years with no change.

people have to make a buck else there is no point putting lotsa effort into anything for others

and degrees v certs... dont get me started... both are a waste of time.

Agreed, business is business. If you invest x amount you gotta be getting back more than that to make it worth your while.

Not to take away credibility from CF but I feel this comparison of people in CF progress vs commercial gyms is a little flawed.

It just so happens that the people who stay around at CF are the ones who are dedicated enough to their workout to not be scared off by the price (which I suppose you could also list as a merit, being surrounded by other dedicated/successful people). If you take those same people with great results from CF to standard gym they would continue their progress because ultimately their nutrition and work ethic while training is of far greater importance than where they choose to workout.

its not flawed and i dont buy that reply, you cant speak for others... saying a member of a crossfit gym would excel on their own in a commercial gym is just your opinion and i personally dont think they would... not all crossfit participants are crossfit games athletes nor do most of them aspire to be, they just want to get the best results as quickly as possible the most economical way... we are all the same really, rich or poor.... people are members of crossfit gyms because its supervised group training and motivation and they have actually worked out that to get the same thing at a commercial gym it would cost them alot more than what they are paying at crossfit... if u got personal training sessions and/or paid additional fees for commercial gym inhouse bootcamps it would cost alot more.

its not flawed and i dont buy that reply, you cant speak for others... saying a member of a crossfit gym would excel on their own in a commercial gym is just your opinion and i personally dont think they would... not all crossfit participants are crossfit games athletes nor do most of them aspire to be, they just want to get the best results as quickly as possible the most economical way... we are all the same really, rich or poor.... people are members of crossfit gyms because its supervised group training and motivation and they have actually worked out that to get the same thing at a commercial gym it would cost them alot more than what they are paying at crossfit... if u got personal training sessions and/or paid additional fees for commercial gym inhouse bootcamps it would cost alot more.

Yeah I see what you're saying, really depends on what motivates you. If you prefer the PT then really seems a smart alternative. If the individual is self motivated and has done their research though then I still stand by the point that they could be just as successful wherever they are (albeit we could all benefit from regular form checks).

Well obviously... I just don't know where you are getting the assumption from that all members of CF gyms are self motivated?

Agreed, if they were they'd be doing the training on their own somewhere. It's a bit like people wanting to go and do boot camps and that kind of thing. They want someone pushing them and they like the group competitive environment.

It costs more but you get the attention and it's still less than a one on one session and it has a big social aspect to it.

Well obviously... I just don't know where you are getting the assumption from that all members of CF gyms are self motivated?

True true, I was too pre-emptive when referencing your note about CF vs others progress.

Anyway, looks like OP has bigger fish to fry right now than deciding where/how to work out. Herniated disc - viewtopic.php?t=16278

• 10 months later...