DAA dosage? results youve gotten from it?

Roidzilla

as title suggests, am coming off of about 6 months of hrt, 200-250mg/week of test. obviously ill chuck some nolva down to help the restart, along with the usual otc stuff.

Alot of ppl seem to have gotten/been getting really good results off of DAA, if your gonna be in natty mode may as well make it as good as possible right?

anyone used DAA to help coming off? general thoughts on its usefullness as a good supp for off cycle boost?

• 1 month later...

I'd recommend it - I've used it once.

I did blood tests a couple of weeks before, and a couple of weeks after taking it (took it for 12 days I think?). Normal test range is 9-25 nmol/L, I was sitting around the low 20s at the first blood test, and went up to 32.8 after. Obviously nothing on what the enhanced guys get, but decent jump for a non-user.

This - oddly enough - correlated with when my lifts kind of stalled after having a decent run of some big gains, so not sure if it did me any good (except make me extra annoyed at my lifts :lol:)

Also supplemented with ZMA at the time, if that makes any difference or not (I take it because I get better quality sleep while using it). My test was also kind of trending upwards anyway going by a couple of tests I had done previously (started closer to 10 :shock:), so there are a few caveats to my results I guess.

Main thing for me though, is it's WADA-safe, so all good if you're competing in a tested environment :nod:

Would it be helpful at all for cutting?

It increases test but also increases the aromatase enzyme, so that would mean a bit of water retention. Was noticeable for myself, but nothing drastic.

I guess it could be used to preserve muscle whilst cutting, but if your going for a dry, hard look then it may work against you somewhat.

Another option is to stack it with an OTC AI

I did blood tests a couple of weeks before, and a couple of weeks after taking it (took it for 12 days I think?). Normal test range is 9-25 nmol/L, I was sitting around the low 20s at the first blood test, and went up to 32.8 after. Obviously nothing on what the enhanced guys get, but decent jump for a non-user.

This - oddly enough - correlated with when my lifts kind of stalled after having a decent run of some big gains, so not sure if it did me any good (except make me extra annoyed at my lifts :lol:)

Also supplemented with ZMA at the time, if that makes any difference or not (I take it because I get better quality sleep while using it). My test was also kind of trending upwards anyway going by a couple of tests I had done previously (started closer to 10 :shock:), so there are a few caveats to my results I guess.

Main thing for me though, is it's WADA-safe, so all good if you're competing in a tested environment :nod:

Shivers just read this, that's a mighty increase! Good on you for getting the bloods done to back it up!

Shivers just read this, that's a mighty increase! Good on you for getting the bloods done to back it up!

So if wada approves it shouldnt really raise the levels too much aye?

I wouldn't say WADA approves it, I would say they might have a battle banning an amino acid...

I would also guess that if it begins to gain traction and popularity, they will probably look at it.

i always thought wada would regard any test result above normal range as a fail?? :shock:

AFAIK, it's more complicated than simply testing the level of testosterone. A fail to WADA standards is based on the testosterone to epitestosterone ratio. I brushed up on this a while ago so memory is rusty... put simply: Epitestosterone does not increase when Testosterone is injected exogenously, which throws the ratio out. But if Testosterone levels are raised Endogenously, the Epitest levels (should) increase to roughly the same ratio as the test.

WADA do further tests if your Test:Epitest ratio is unusual.

Here's a good link.

(someone please correct me if I'm offtrack here)

I wouldn't say WADA approves it, I would say they might have a battle banning an amino acid...

i always thought wada would regard any test result above normal range as a fail?? :shock:

AFAIK, it's more complicated than simply testing the level of testosterone. A fail to WADA standards is based on the testosterone to epitestosterone ratio. I brushed up on this a while ago so memory is rusty... put simply: Epitestosterone does not increase when Testosterone is injected exogenously, which throws the ratio out. But if Testosterone levels are raised Endogenously, the Epitest levels (should) increase by roughly the same ratio.

Here's a good link.

na bro that makes alot of sense, i dont even know what epitest is lol. But the reasoning is sound. Im taking DAA atm, been on it for a couple of weeks after seeing alot of positive feedback online. im liking it so far, havent done tests though.

I would also guess that if it begins to gain traction and popularity, they will probably look at it.

AFAIK, it's more complicated than simply testing the level of testosterone. A fail to WADA standards is based on the testosterone to epitestosterone ratio. I brushed up on this a while ago so memory is rusty... put simply: Epitestosterone does not increase when Testosterone is injected exogenously, which throws the ratio out. But if Testosterone levels are raised Endogenously, the Epitest levels (should) increase to roughly the same ratio as the test.

Here's a good link.

Repped!!

It increases test but also increases the aromatase enzyme

Wow, that's interesting. Just to clarify, do you mean...

- It just increases the amount of testosterone that aromatises into estrogen (which you'd expect if you've got more testosterone floating around anyway)

or

- It actually produces more aromatase enzyme as well (which, coupled with the increased testosterone means you get a double-whammy of estrogen) :shock:

Here's a good link.

Also endo vs exo test is very difficult to test for. With stuff like tren and deca, they produce their own metabolites which obviously don't occur naturally in the body so are easy to say that you've been pinning, where as test produces test metabolites which occur anyway from your bodies natty production

It increases test but also increases the aromatase enzyme

Wow, that's interesting. Just to clarify, do you mean...

- It just increases the amount of testosterone that aromatises into estrogen (which you'd expect if you've got more testosterone floating around anyway)

or

- It actually produces more aromatase enzyme as well (which, coupled with the increased testosterone means you get a double-whammy of estrogen) :shock:

Yeah man it's looking like and increase in aromatase activity. I think DAA is an amazing substance for a natty wanting to boost test but it needs to be controlled. Think of all that test if you could control the aromoatase enzyme (nicotine or I3C would be handy) \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

Heres a pubmed study

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16610240

And good ol T-nation

http://tnation.t-nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_thibaudeau/daspartic_acid_

There's a lot of articles warning of the "dangerous" effects of DAA, which is bullshit, the idea is you gotta be aware of the possibility of extra estrogen, and then you have to come up with something to combat that.

Would it be helpful at all for cutting?

It doesn't affect your cut in anyway, other than - As Chemo said - a little bit of water retention. I've been cutting with it throughout my whole diet, and just cut it out as I'm competing next week so I want to get rid of that water.

But if you have no plan to compete, you could finish the tub, it shouldn't affect you in a negative way.

Will it boost an already high test count? If we are already on an aas, would it still do its magic, or would it be like drinking a can of beer while drinking scotch? Not even touch the side?

srs Q

DAA stimulates yo BAWLS to produce test, most it will do on cycle will let your sack know its still loved. But then again with the increases of aromatase enzyme...your tits will share the love. :P

Is the increase in aromatase activity possibly due to the increase in test production itself (small as it may be)?

As Chemo said - a little bit of water retention.

Just wondering if it will help retain mass, or with recovery.

I get sore joints about 4 or 5 weeks into a cut is this due to not retaining enough water?

Do you go super low on fats when you cut?